JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018 – The Exam Pattern of JEE Main depicts various important details about the question paper. Various details such as the duration of exam, the type of questions put up in the question paper, the marking scheme etc. are shown by the exam pattern. For the candidates who will be appearing for the JEE Main exam in 2018, the candidates must first be aware of the exam pattern before they start preparation for the exam. All such details about the same have been given in the sections below. Read more about the JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern below.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018 – Details
The Exam Pattern for JEE Main 2018 shows all the basic and internal details about the exam and the question paper. Including the marking scheme, the exam pattern also depicts other aspects of the question paper such as the number of questions asked, the time duration allowed and the maximum marks of the paper. For the JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern, all the details have been provided below. Read these to know more.
- The JEE Main Paper-1 i.e. for B. Tech. and B.E. will be conducted in two modes i.e. Pen and Paper mode and Computer Based Test i.e. the online mode. The candidate can choose any one of the two modes.
- The JEE Main Paper-2 i.e. for B.Arch. and B. Planning will be conducted in the Pen and Paper mode only.
- In Paper-1, all questions will be objective type questions.
- In Paper-2, apart from the drawing test, all others will be objective type questions.
- The total time allotted to solve the paper will be 3 hours only.
- For Paper-1, the candidates will be required to attempt a total of 90 questions where 30 questions will be from Physics, 30 will be from Chemistry and 30 questions will be from the Maths subject.
- For Paper-2, questions from Maths, Aptitude and drawing will be put up.
- According to the latest JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern, the total marks of the Paper-1 will be 360 marks.
- Negative marking will be applicable. Total 1/4th marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- The medium of exam paper can be chosen and is available in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi and Urdu depending upon the locations.
Why the knowledge of Exam Pattern is important?
Starting to prepare for the exam without the knowledge of exam pattern seems useless. Candidates who are planning to appear for the exam must necessarily know about the JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern if they want to do well in the exam. This is because of the following reasons.
- When the candidate knows about the exam pattern, they can prepare accordingly for the exam.
- Candidates will also be able to attempt the paper properly if they are aware of the exam pattern.