About JEE Main: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission in different engineering/technology and architecture courses offered by the top-notch colleges in the country. Students can enroll themselves in the B.E/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan programs provided by the IITs, NITs, centrally-funded universities and other private universities. From 2021 onwards, it was decided that JEE Main examination will be held in various sessions.
JEE Main 2021: Candidates wishing to appear for JEE Main 2021 examination should note that the examination in multiple sessions. Students can apply for the exam by filling the online application form. The examination will be held in online mode i.e. it will be a computer-based exam where a computer system will be allotted to the candidates and they have to mark the answers displayed on their computer screen. Candidates will get a total duration of 3 hours to finish the test.
Latest: JEE Main result is now available for Paper 2 (A) B.Arch & Paper 2 (B) B.Plan.
JEE Main application form is now available for fourth session.
JEE Main admit card has been released on
14th July 2021 20th July 2021.
The deadline for submitting JEE Main application has been extended till 13th July 2021 for May session.
JEE Main 2021 exam date for May session has been postponed.
JEE Main 2021 has been postponed for April session.
JEE Main 2021 application form has been released for April & May session.
The exam date for JEE Main 2021 has been revised now.
JEE Main 2021 result has been announced now.
JEE Main 2021 application form for the March session is out. Deadline for registration is 6th March 2021.
JEE Main 2021 answer key is now available. Check here
JEE Main 2021 admit card is available from 12th February 2021. Download now
The correction facility for JEE Main application form is active from 27th Jan 2021. Check it here
JEE Main 2021 official syllabus is now available.
JEE Main 2021 application form deadline has been extended till 23rd January 2021.
JEE Main 2021 application form is now available from 16th December 2020. NTA has released the new exam pattern.
JEE Main Notification EnglishJEE Main 2021 Notification English
JEE Main Notification HindiJEE Main 2021 Notification Hindi
The National Testing Agency has removed the official notification regarding JEE Main 2021. The new notification will be released soon.
Based on latest JEE Main 2021 notification released by NTA, the application form to be available from 15th December 2020.
JEE Main 2021 Important Dates
The official schedule of JEE Main 2021 is as follows-
|Availability of online application form||16th December 2020|
|Last date of application form submission|
|Editing in application form||27th to 30th January 2021|
|Admit card issue||12th February, 2021|
|Date of exam||(Session 1): 23, 24, 25 & 26 February 2021
(Session 2): 16th to 18th March 2021
(Session 3): 27, 28, 29 & 30 April 2021
(Session 4): 24, 25, 26, 27 & 28 May 2021
|Result announcement||Notified later|
|Beginning of counseling||Notified later|
Check here- previous Years question paper
Are you eligible for JEE Main 2021? Find out here
Since the authority will prohibit the candidates who do not fulfill the requirements laid down by it, therefore, it is important for the applicants to go through the eligibility criteria to ensure that they meet the condition that makes them eligible to appear for the exam. The eligibility criteria for JEE Main exam are provided below-
- Age criteria: There are no age restrictions for the candidates to appear in JEE Main exam.
- Qualifying examination
- For engineering and technology: Candidates should have passed class 12th or its equivalent with Physics and Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- For architecture and planning: Candidates should have passed class 12th or its equivalent with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Year of appearance in qualifying examination: Students who have passed their class 12th exam in 2019 and 2020 or are appearing in class 12th examination or its equivalent exam in the year 2021 can apply for the entrance exam.
- Number of subjects in the qualifying examination: Applicants should have taken at least 5 subjects in class 12th or its equivalent to be eligible for JEE Main.
Know-how’s of JEE Main application form
Students planning to appear for JEE Main exam in 2021 should know the procedure on how to apply for the same. NTA will release the application form for the exam only on its official website. Therefore, candidates can fill the application form only in online mode and no other mode will be applicable for the same purpose. Here students must note that they only need to submit one application form as multiple entries will be rejected by the authority. The information to be filled in the form should be true to the knowledge of the candidate and should match the official records.
To apply for the exam, candidates must register for the same by providing their working phone number and an active email id. The application form will entail the details such as – personal details, academic details and other relevant information. Candidates will be required to pay a requisite amount as application fee for the exam failing which their applications will end up getting rejected by NTA.
What is the Exam Pattern of JEE Main 2021?
Knowing the exam pattern will help the students in understanding what to expect from the exam i.e. how the entire exam will be structured. This will eventually help them gain a perspective on how to begin the exam preparation. Candidates can go through the exam pattern specified by the authority as provided below-
Check out the new exam pattern for JEE Main 2021:
- Mode of Examination:JEE (Main) 2021 Examination will be held in “Computer Based Test” (CBT)Mode only, except that the Drawing Test for B.Arch. will be held in “Pen & Paper” (offline)mode.
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Medium of exam: Drawing from the National Education Policy (NEP), the JEE (Main) 2021 will be conducted in Assamese, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urduin addition to Hindi, English and Gujarati.
Preparation tips for JEE Main exam
Here are some important preparation tips for the candidates with the help of which they can score better marks in the JEE Main exam-
- Finish off the NCERTs first and go through the NCERTs at least twice. Then only proceed for the reference books.
- Make a habit of practicing previous year papers on a regular interval. It will increase your efficiency and you will get to know the areas where improvement is required.
- Do not waste your time gathering books. Rather focus on one book at a time.
- Often candidates fail to do revision and it affects their performance in the exam. So, candidates should regularly revise the topics they have studied to retain it in the memory for a longer duration.
- Never take your health lightly and you should eat a well-balanced diet. Skipping meals will not guarantee positive results and would rather take a toll on your mental well being.
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of JEE Main entrance examination is typically based on the level of class 11th and 12th respectively. Here are some major topics that must be studied by the students to gain good marks in the exam-
- Physics: Work, power and energy, thermodynamics, current electricity, magnetic effects of current, laws of motion, kinematics, gravitation etc.
- Chemistry: Solid state, liquid state, gaseous state, hydrogen, carbon, s and p block elements, polymers, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, environmental chemistry etc.
- Mathematics: Matrices and determinants, sets, relations and mapping, integral calculus, permutation and combination, complex number, quadratic equation, etc.
- Arch/B.Plan aptitude test: Awareness of persons, places, buildings, analytical reasoning, mental ability, three-dimensional perception, etc
Which books to refer to crack JEE Main 2021 exam?
Given below are some of the notable reference books for JEE Main examination-
- Physics: HC Verma, DC Pandey, problems in general physics by Irodov.
- Mathematics: RD Sharma, RS Aggarwal, objective mathematics by SK Pundhir and ML Khanna.
- Chemistry: RC Mukherjee, OP Tandon, organic chemistry by Morrison and Boyd, organic chemistry by Solomon.
About JEE Main 2021 Admit card
- The admit card of JEE Main exam will likely be released a few weeks before the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates can download their hall ticket from the official website i.e. jeemain.nic.in.
- Candidates should take the printout of the admit card and keep it safe for further use.
- It is compulsory for them to bring the admit card to the exam hall along with a valid photo id proof.
- Those who do not possess the admit card at the time of exam shall not be allowed to take the test.
- The admit card should not be damaged or torn under any circumstances. Admit card in poor condition will not be considered valid.
JEE Main 2021 Result
- The result of JEE Main 2021 exam has been declared on 8th March 2021.
- To check the JEE Main result, candidates will be required to login into the official web portal.
- Candidates can also download their score card by the same method.
- NTA will not allow any provision for the re-evaluation of the result once it is published on the website.
- The authority will then handover the result to the concerned counselling conducting bodies (CSAB/JoSAA) through which candidates can secure admission in a college.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Will JEE Main 2021 be conducted twice or once?
Ans: JEE Main 2021 will be conducted twice in the month of January and April.
Ques: Who will conduct JEE Main in 2021?
Ans: NTA will conduct JEE Main in 2021.
Ques: What will be the mode of JEE Main application?
Ans: The National Testing Agency will release JEE Main application in online mode at its official website.
Ques: What will be the mode of exam?
Ans: The exam will be conducted in online mode- it is a computer-based examination.
Ques: Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Ans: 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect attempt.