JEE Main 2018 result has been announced on 30th April 2018. CBSE has released the date for JEE Main 2018 result online. The exam conducted successfully on April 8th, 2018 and its result is declaring today at its official website. JEE Main (Joint Entrance Examination) is a top-level Engineering Entrance Exam of India conducted by CBSE Board. The candidates can get admissions in B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch courses in NITs, IIITs and other engineering institutions through JEE Mains, though IITs offer admission to these courses through JEE Advanced examination. Candidates who qualify JEE Main Exam will be considered eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
Candidates will be provided the direct link to the admit card soon after the announcement of its respective notification. Aspirants should stay connected with this post for getting the regular updates on the online application form.
JEE Main 2018 Latest Updates
JEE Main 2018 result has been released on 30th April 2018. We have provided the link to check your result below.
JEE Main 2018 admit card is now available onlin on 12th March 2018. Please go to the link given below.
Probably, the admit card for JEE Main 2018 will be released on 10th March 2018. We suggest aspirants to keep looking this post for the upcoming updates.
JEE Main 2018 admit card will be available from 10th March 2018.
JEE Main application form correction facility is live from today i.e. 9th January 2018. Make correction here
Image correction facility is now over, JEE Main 2018 admit card will be available soon. Check here details
JEE Main mock test is now live for computer-based test. Direct link has been given below.
Candidates can remove discrepancy in images in JEE Main application form now.
The JEE Main 2018 Notification has been announced on 22nd November 2017, application form will be accessible from 1st December 2017. Candidates can check all important details related JEE Main 2018 below in this page.
JEE Main 2018 Summary
|Name of the exam||Joint Entrance Exam (Main)|
|Abbreviated as||JEE Main|
|Examination Type||All India level|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Conducting authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|JEE Main 2018 Participating Institutes||31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 FTIs|
|Selection criteria||Through JoSAA counselling based on candidates’ All India Ranks|
|Examination Mode||Offline, Online|
|JEE Main Notification||Released on 22nd November 2017|
|JEE Main 2018 Last date for apply||1st January 2018|
JEE Main 2018 Important dates (Released)
Knowing the dates helps candidates to participate in various events of the admission process. I would like to intimate all JEE Main aspirants that the authority has released the official dates for JEE Main 2018.
We have updated the table as per the JEE Main notification for the academic year 2018. If you don’t want to miss a single update on JEE Main 2018 then keep your close eyes on this post.
JEE Main 2018 Result
JEE Main 2018 result has been announced on 30th April 2018 for Paper 1 and on 31st May 2018 for Paper 2 by the CBSE. Candidates can check their result for JEE Main 2018 online through the official website. After the announcement of result, merit list will be made only on the basis of JEE Main Score.
Based on JEE Main 2018 result candidates may appear in JEE Advanced. Under no circumstances, candidates can appear in JEE Advanced until they clear JEE Main. For checking your JEE result you do not need to browse various sites. We’ll update here direct link of accessing your result.
JEE Main Result Online – Visit Here
JEE Main 2018 score card will be issued after the release of result. The score card will include candidate’s final scores and their JEE MAIN 2018 All India rank.
The minimum score needed by the candidates to get admission in the top engineering colleges of the country is known as JEE MAIN cut-off. The JEE Main 2018 Cut-off will be decided by various factors such as difficulty level of test, number of candidates appearing for the exam, marking scheme etc.
Please keep in your mind that cutoff varies every year. It depends upon certain factors including difficulty level of the exam, number of students appeared in the exam, number of seats available in participating colleges etc. Therefore i advise aspirants to achieved good marks in the exam for securing a seat in good college.
Candidates will be invited for counselling process as per to their rank obtained in the JEE Main 2018 merit list. The JEE Main 2018 Counselling will start from the July, 2018 (Tentatively). The process of Counselling will be managed by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
Get Here- JEE Main Information Brochure
JEE Main Admit Card 2018
The admit card will be available tentatively in second week of March 2018. Candidates will be able to download their admit card by entering the application number and password. Admit card of JEE Main 2018 will comprise important information such as candidate’s name, date of birth, paper, exam schedule, JEE Main 2018 examination center etc.
Please keep in Mind
- The authority doesn’t allow candidates to appear in the exam if they do not have their genuine admit card.
- The invigilator will ask you to show one of your photo identity proofs along with admit card. Therefore, please bring one of your identity proofs while coming to the examination centre.
- Show your admit card to the concerned person if he/she asks you to do the same.
- Ensure the correctness of data available in your admit card and claim, if there is any sort of errors.
- Please download your admit card quickly after release of its respective notification. More Details on admit card
- JEE Main 2018 will be conducted in two papers i.e. Paper-1 for engineering courses (B. E./B.Tech) and Paper-2 for Architecture courses (B. Arch. /B. Planning.)
- Aspirants can opt for either Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B. Planning.), or for both the papers as per their preferred programs.
- Applicants can apply for both papers
- Paper I consists of total 90 objective type questions from Chemistry, Physics, & Mathematics.
- Paper 2 consist of total 82 questions from Mathematics, aptitude test and drawing test. Each section contain different amount of questions.
Also Read: JEE Main Exam Pattern Complete info
JEE Main 2018 Syllabus
The applicants must go through the JEE Main 2018 exam syllabus before starting their preparation. Proper syllabus will help them to plan their study accordingly. Applicants can download or go through the complete syllabus of JEE Main from the official website once it’s released by the concerned authority.
Check Here: Complete Syllabus for JEE Main
Click here for the mock test
CBSE, the concerned authority of JEE Main, will release official answer key for JEE Main for both the papers after the successful completion of the exam. The date of releasing official answer key is 24th to 27th April 2018. The answer key will aid the candidates in cross-checking their answers, what they select in the actual exam. Therefore, they can have a rough idea about the scores they will be receiving in JEE Main 2018 result.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2018
Candidates must satisfy prescribed eligibility conditions before they apply for JEE Main 2018. From the admission year 2018, CBSE has added new eligibility criteria. The details of eligibility criteria are as follows:
Aadhaar Card Number
All the Indian citizen candidates, who want to apply for JEE Main 2018, should possess Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI. While filling application form of JEE (Main)–2018, the candidates will be required to enter their Aadhaar card number, date of birth, name, & gender, which will be confirmed with the UIDAI’s data. In case, there is a mismatch in the details, the applicants will not be able to fill the application form for JEE (Main) 2018.
Provision for J&K, Assam and Meghalaya candidates
The candidates, who have already completed or pursuing Class 12th examination from the states of J&K, Meghalaya and Assam, they require to enter the ration card number, passport number, bank account number or any other applicable Govt. identity number provided they should choose the city of entrance test in these states only.
Educational qualification- JEE Main 2018
- The weightage of 12th scores will not be considered for calculating JEE Main All India Rank from 2018.
- As per MHRD official announcement, for applicants to qualify for admissions to IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs, they must have obtained minimum of 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class exam organized by the respective Boards. For SC/ST category the minimum qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
- Candidates, who want to appear in JEE Main 2018, should have done class 12th or any equivalent qualifying examination either in 2016 or 2017.
- Candidates, pursuing in class 12th or any equivalent qualifying exam in the year 2018, may also apply.
- Candidates should have done 12th or other equivalent qualifying examination with minimum five subjects.
Number of exam attempts
Applicants can attempt JEE Main exam 3 times only.
Applicant’s date of birth should fall on or after 01 October, 1993 (for general candidates) and 01, October 1988 (for candidates from SC, ST and PwD category)
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Best Books for JEE Main 2018 Preparation
There are a plenty of books available in the market you can follow in order to prepare for JEE Main. But, among the plenty of publishers, choosing the best one could be a complex task for you. So, let me minimize your burden. Below, i’m sharing with you the list of few good books for JEE Main 2018 preparation.
As you know that JEE Main question paper consists of questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Based on this, i’m suggesting below some of the finest reference books for the said subjects:
Best Reference Books for Physics
- HC Verma Concept of Physics Part 1 and Part 2
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov
Best Reference Books for Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyd
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Numerical Chemistry by P.Bahadur
Best Reference Books for Mathematics
- Differential Calculus by A Das Gupta
- IIT Mathematics by M.L. Khanna
- Class XI and XII Mathematics by R.D. Sharma
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Trigonometry, Geometry Books by S.L. Loney