The Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board will organize JCECE 2023 to select candidates for admission into various courses. Admission will be granted into the B.V.Sc & AH, B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons) Forestry, B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture, B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering), B.Tech (Dairy Technology) and B.F.Sc courses. Interested candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can proceed with the application submission for JCECE 2023.
- Email id and mobile number used in registration should be kept active till the whole admission process is over.
- The entrance exam is most likely to be conducted in exam centers at Ranchi only.
- Applicants must not mutilate the admit card or make any change in the entry therein.
- There will be no provision for re-evaluation or re-checking of the answer sheets.
- Allotment of seats will be done strictly in accordance with the merit of the candidates and availability of seats.
JCECE 2023 Schedule
Check from the table below the important dates related to JCECE 2023:
|Availability of online application form||May 2023|
|Last date for submitting the application form||June 2023|
|Admit card issue date||July 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||July 2023|
|Declaration of result||July 2023|
|Beginning of counseling process||August 2023|
JCECE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in JCECE 2023 are given below:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India and local/ permanent resident of Jharkhand.
- B.V.Sc & AH: The candidates should have completed the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2023.
- For rest courses: The minimum and maximum age limit of the candidate should be 17 and 22 years (not completed).
- B.V.Sc & AH: The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from a recognized university.
- B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture and B.Sc (Hons) Forestry: A pass in 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics from a recognized university is required.
- B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture: Those who have done their 10+2 from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics/ Forestry or Inter (Agriculture) are eligible.
- B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering) and B.Tech (Dairy Technology): Applicants need to clear their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized university.
- B.F.Sc: A pass in class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or Inter (Agriculture) is required.
JCECE 2023 Application Form
Interested candidates can fill the application form for JCECE exam 2023 through online mode. The application form will be released on the official website of the JCECE board www.jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal and academic details like name, gender, category, qualifying exam passing year, etc.
- Candidates also need to upload their photograph and signature in the application form in scanned format.
- Choice for course and exam center should be carefully entered into the application form.
- Duly filled application form should be submitted by the candidates on or before the last date.
- Along with the application form, a specified amount of application fee should also be submitted.
- At last, the candidates should take a printout of the form as a proof of successful application submission.
The application fee for different subject group under JCECE is given below.
Remittance of application fee can be done through payment gateway using credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
|Subject group||Application fee|
|For Gen/ BC I/ BC II category||For SC/ ST/ Female category|
|PCM group||INR 900||INR 450|
|PCB group||INR 900||INR 450|
|PCMB group||INR 1000||INR 500|
JCECE 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for JCECE 2023 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 1 hour per subject
- Medium of entrance test: English and Hindi both
- Number of questions:
- For PCM group: 150
- For PCB group: 150
- For PCMB group: 200
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks:
- For PCM group: 150
- For PCB group: 150
- For PCMB group: 200
- Marking scheme: For each right answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative marking: For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|Subject group||Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|PCM||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Physics- 50|
|PCB||Physics, Chemistry & Biology||Physics- 50|
Biology – 50
|PCMB||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology||Physics- 50|
Biology – 50
JCECE 2023 Admit Card
- The JCECE 2023 admit card will be released around a week or two before the exam for the successfully registered candidates.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card using their registration number and password.
- After downloading, the candidates should take a printout of the admit card to be carried to the exam center.
- Candidates who reach the exam center without a valid admit card will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Admit card will contain the important details related to exam such as center venue, date, time, etc.
JCECE 2023 Result
- The result of the JCECE exam will be announced online on the official website of the board.
- Candidates securing marks more than the prescribed cut-off will be considered as qualified.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared in the order of their ranking. Combined as well as category-wise merit list will be prepared.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the counseling round as per the names in the merit list.
JCECE 2023 Counseling
- Details about the counseling session will be communicated to the candidates through daily newspapers and official website.
- Candidates will have to submit prescribed amount of fee online to participate in the counseling process.
- The applicants can provide their choice for course specialization and college at the time of counseling.
- Documents of the candidates will be verified and after that they will be allotted seats as per their choice and ranking.
Candidates should carry the following documents while reporting for counseling:
- Admit card, mark sheet and passing certificate of class 10th or equivalent exam
- Admit card, mark sheet and passing certificate of class 12th or equivalent exam
- Local resident certificate issued by SDO or equivalent
- Caste certificate issued by SDO or equivalent, if applicable
- One passport size photograph
- Admit card of entrance exam
- Disability certificate by Medical Superintendent or equivalent, if applicable
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Some information in my admit card is not correct. How can I make this right?
Answer: In case of any kind of discrepancy in the admit card, you need to inform the board immediately in writing. You can appear for the exam with the incorrect admit card. The board will make the correction in the record later.
Question 2: I accidentally selected the incorrect exam center in my application and submitted it. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Answer: Once the application is submitted you cannot make any changes in it. You only need to appear at the exam center as mentioned on your admit card without any choice.
Question 3: In case of any query whom should I contact?
Answer: Any query related to JCECE should be addressed to the following:
The Controller of Examination
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board
Science & Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli, Namkum-Tupudana Road
Namkum, Ranchi – 834 010