Jadavpur University B.Ed Admission 2023– Admission to 2-year B.Ed degree programmes offered by the Jadavpur University is done on the basis of merit of the candidates in the qualifying exam. The university will release an application form for taking part in the admission process through online mode. However, the candidates are advised to make sure that they meet the prescribed eligibility before applying for the admission process. Find detailed information about the Jadavpur University B.Ed admission 2023 such as application process, important dates, selection process, etc from this post below.
Jadavpur University B.Ed Admission 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to Jadavpur University B.Ed admission 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||1st week of March 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of July 2023|
|Last date to submit the application fee||3rd week of July 2023|
|Display of provisional merit list||4th week of July 2023|
|Beginning of counseling process||3rd week of September 2023|
|Last date to secure admission||4th week of September 2023|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of October 2023|
Jadavpur University B.Ed Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Jadavpur University B.Ed admission 2023 are discussed below:
For fresher candidates:
- An honors graduate or master’s degree with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for PD candidates and 40% marks for SC/ ST candidates) is required.
- The age of the candidates should not exceed 35 years as on the last date of application submission.
For deputed candidates:
- Candidates with honors graduate or special honors or master degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for PD candidates and 40% marks for SC/ ST candidates) are eligible.
- There is no age restriction for the deputed candidates.
- 50% marks in graduation or post-graduation degree shall not apply for persons appointed as teachers prior to the commencement of the National Council for Teacher Education (Regulations, Norms and Procedure) second Amendment Regulation 2010.
Jadavpur University B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The online application form for Jadavpur University B.Ed 2023 will be made available on the official website of the university. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned above can proceed to fill the application form.
- Basic personal, academic and other information related to the candidates will be asked in the application form.
- The candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature in scanned format into the form.
- Care should be taken while filling the application form as any incorrect information can make it liable for rejection.
- Once the form is filled completely, it can be submitted online along with the prescribed application fee.
- A hard copy of the duly-filled and submitted application form should be taken and kept by the candidates for further reference.
- The application fee for Jadavpur University B.Ed admission will be Rs. 100/- and can be paid through online mode using net banking/ debit card/ credit card.
- Once submitted, the application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Preparation of Merit List
- Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying exam, a merit list will be prepared by the authorities.
- The merit list will consist of application number, name of the candidate, their score and a remark.
- If two or more candidates score same rank in the merit list, the tie will be resolved using proper criteria.
- Candidates will be able to check the merit list which will be uploaded on the official website of the university.
- The candidates whose names appear in the merit list will then become eligible for participating in further admission process.
Jadavpur University B.Ed 2023 Selection Process
- Candidates whose names appear in the merit list need to appear for the counseling round.
- Details of the counseling process will be communicated to the candidates through the official website.
- Those reporting for counseling should carry with them the important documents for verification.
- Once the verification is done successfully, the candidates will be offered final admission.
- Admission of the candidates will be considered final after payment of prescribed fee (by cash/ card/ demand draft drawn in favor of The Registrar, Jadavpur University, payable at Kolkata) and submission of prescribed documents.
Candidates will be required to bring the following documents at the time of counseling and admission:
- Print out of the online application form
- 3 recent passport size photographs
- Online application fee payment receipt
- All original mark sheets from class 10th onwards
- Category certificate from competent authority in the names of the candidate, for SC/ ST candidates
- Disability certificate from competent authority, for PD candidates
- Original Madhyamik admit card/ certificate for age verification
- Parents/ guardian’s income certificate issued by the employer with office seal for the employed person and for others by a gazetted officer
- If the provisionally selected candidates have completed their highest degree in 2018 or before, an affidavit (in non-Judicial stamp paper) that he/ she is not registered in any other day-course anywhere or elsewhere
- If the provisionally selected candidate is pursuing any regular day course in another college/ university, an affidavit (in non-Judicial stamp paper) that he/ she will be de-registering from that day-course
- If applied under the Deputed category, the teachers from secondary/ higher secondary schools affiliated to W.B.B.S.E/ W.B.C.H.S.E must produce
- a copy of the appointment letter from the District Inspector of Schools
- a No Objection Certificate from the Managing Committee of the school duly countersigned by the District Inspector of Schools. The Managing Committee must clearly certify whether or not the teacher teaches in class V to XII, at the time of interview and admission
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Can I obtain my application form through offline mode?
Answer: No. The application form will only be released through online mode on the official website of the university.
Question 2: Can all teachers apply for the B.Ed degree program as deputed candidates?
Answer: No. Only those teachers who are teaching in class IX, X, XI and XII are eligible under Deputed category.
Question 3: Is there any entrance exam for admission to Jadavpur University B.Ed program?
Answer: No entrance exam will be conducted and admission will be granted to the candidates on the basis of exam in qualifying exam.
Question 4: What if I am unable to report for counseling on the given date?
Answer: If a candidate fails to appear on the specified date and time for counseling, the next candidate in order of merit will be considered for admission. The candidate absent that day will also not be considered for admission against vacancy at a later date.
Question 5: Will I get any call letter for appearing in the counseling and admission session?
Answer: No separate intimation will be sent to individual candidate for appearing in counseling and admission process.