The candidates interested for admission into the UG and PG courses offered by the Jadavpur University can apply for the same through online mode. Application form for different courses will be released on different dates as per the specified schedule. Before applying, the candidates must make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria for the specific course. Candidates can find the complete details related to the Jadavpur University Admission 2023 such as eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, etc in this article below.
Courses Offered at Jadavpur University
The following courses are offered at the Jadavpur University:
|B.A in Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, English, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit||B.Sc in Chemistry, Geography, Geological Sciences, Mathematics, Physics|
|B.Ed/ B.P.Ed/ B.Ed in Special Education (Locomotor Impairment and Neuromuscular Disorder)||Bachelor of Library & Information Science|
|Bachelor of Architecture||Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Technology|
|B.E in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Construction Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Information Technology, Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Power Engineering, Printing Engineering, Production Engineering||B.Tech in Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering, Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering|
|M.A. in Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, History, Philosophy, Political Science with International Relations, Sanskrit, Sociology, Environment & Development||M.Sc in Applied Geology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics, Electronics, Science, Mathematics, Instrumentation|
|M.Tech in Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering, Computer Technology, Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering, Material Engineering, VLSI Design and Microelectronics Technology, Intelligent Automation and Robotics, Illumination Technology & Design, Distributed & Mobile Computing, Energy Science & Technology, Environmental Biotechnology, IT (Courseware Engineering), Nano Science & Technology||M.E in Printing Engineering & Graphic Communication, Automobile Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Control System Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering, Illumination Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Power Engineering, Production Engineering, Software Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering, Water Resources & Hydraulic Engineering|
|Master of Architecture||Master of Bio-processing Engineering|
|MCA||Master of Pharmaceutical Technology|
|Master of Pharmacy in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice||Master of Library & Information Science, Master of Library & Information Science in Digital Library|
|Master in Multimedia Development||Master of Laser Technology|
|Master of Nuclear Engineering|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Arts (Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, History, International Relations, Library & Information Science, Philosophy, Physical Education, Sanskrit, Sociology)||Master of Philosophy in Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, English, History, International Relations, Philosophy, Library & Information Science, Sanskrit, Social Sciences, Sociology, Women’s Studies, Cognitive Science, Oceanography & Coastal Management|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Science (Chemistry, Physics, Geological Sciences, Instrumentation Science, Life Science & Biotechnology, Mathematics, Geography)|
Jadavpur University 2023 Schedule
The table below presents the important dates related to Jadavpur University Admission 2023:
For undergraduate courses:
|Availability of online application form||1st week of June 2023||1st week of June 2023||2nd week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit the application||2nd week of June 2023||3rd week of June 2023||Last week of April 2023|
|Admit card issue date||4th week of June 2023||4th week of June 2023||1st week of May 2023|
|Exam date||4th week of June 2023||4th week of June 2023||2nd week of May 2023|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of July 2023||1st week of July 2023||3rd week of May 2023|
For postgraduate courses:
|Availability of online application form||1st week of June 2023||1st week of July 2023||2nd week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit the application||2nd week of June 2023||2nd week of July 2023||Last week of April 2023|
|Admit card issue date||4th week of June 2023||2nd week of July 2023||1st week of May 2023|
|Exam date||4th week of June 2023||3rd week of July 2023||2nd week of May 2023|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of July 2023||1st week of August 2023||3rd week of May 2023|
For other programs
|ME/ M.Tech/ M.Pharma/ M.Arch||M.Phil|
|Availability of online application form||1st week of June 2023||1st week of July 2023|
|Last date to submit the application||3rd week of June 2023||3rd week of July 2023|
|Admit card issue date||3rd week of July 2023||3rd week of July 2023|
|Exam date||Last week of July 2023||4th week of July 2023|
|Declaration of result||Last week of July 2023||1st week of August 2023|
Jadavpur University 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The course-wise eligibility criteria for Jadavpur University admission 2023 are provided below:
- BA: The applicants should have cleared their class 12th or equivalent exam in order to be eligible.
- MA: Those with a BA degree in relevant discipline can apply.
- B.Sc: A pass in class 12th exam preferably with Science stream with not less than 75% marks (67.5% for OBC & 56.25 for SC/ ST) is required. For B.Sc Geography, 70% marks (63% for OBC & 52.5 for SC/ ST) is required.
- M.Sc: Candidates with B.Sc degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks (54% for OBC & 45% for SC/ ST/ PD) are eligible. For M.Sc Instrumentation 50% marks (45% for OBC & 41% for SC/ ST/ PD) and for Biotechnology 55% marks (49.5% for OBC & 41% for SC/ ST/ PD) is required.
- B.L.I.Sc: A graduation degree with minimum 50% marks for honors graduate (45% for PD/ OBC & 40% for SC/ ST), 55% marks for pass graduate (49.5% for PD/ OBC & 41.25% for SC/ ST) and 65% marks for graduate (honors/ pass) (58.5% for PD/ OBC & 48.75% for SC/ ST) plus Certificate in Library Science.
- M.L.I.Sc course: Applicants with B.L.I.Sc or any bachelor’s degree with at least 55% marks (49.5% for PD/ OBC & 41.25% for SC/ ST) are eligible. 3 years experience as a full-time salaried staff member in a recognized library or information center and no qualifying marks is required for deputed candidates.
- BE/ B.Tech: The candidates should have cleared their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- ME/ M.Tech: Those with BE/ B.Tech degree in relevant field with 60% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ PD) or equivalent are eligible.
- M.Phil: The applicants should have a master’s degree in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for OBC/ SC/ ST/ PD candidates or those who obtained the degree prior to 19-09-1991).
Jadavpur University 2023 Application Form
- The Jadavpur University application form 2023 will be released online on the official website of the university www.jaduniv.edu.in.
- The candidates who wish to appear for the eligibility test should submit their application form in time.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide the personal, academic, contact and other details.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ signature and photograph should also be uploaded in the application form.
- After providing all the information asked in the application form, the candidates can submit it with prescribed application fee.
- The candidates are advised to keep a copy of the filled-in application form safe for future use.
Address for sending documents
Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ sports quota category need to submit a copy of the relevant documents along with the printout of the application form to the following address:
Office of the Dean and Secretary,
Faculty Council of Arts, U.G. Arts Building, Ground Floor
Kolkata 700 032
- Candidates can pay the application fee of Rs. 150/- via debit card/ credit card/ net banking or SBI challan.
Jadavpur University 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern overview for Jadavpur University entrance test 2023 is provided below:
|Course||No. of questions||Duration (in hours)|
|BA/ MA in Comparative Literature||100||2|
|BA/ MA in History||100||2|
|BA/ MA in Philosophy||50||2|
|BA/ MA in Political Science||100||2|
|BA/ MA in English||130||2.5|
|BA in Bengali||100||2|
|MA in Film Studies||100||2|
|MA in Economics||100||2.5|
|MA in Linguistics||50||2|
|MA in Sanskrit||50||2|
Jadavpur University 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card to appear in Jadavpur University exam 2023 will be released on the official website of the university.
- Candidates should download the admit card, take its printout and carry it to the exam center on the day of exam.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card.
- Details of the test center and schedule will be communicated to the candidates through their admit card.
- Admit card should be kept safe by the candidates till whole process of admission is over.
Jadavpur University 2023 Result & Admission
- The authorities will declare the result of the entrance exam in online mode on the official website of the university.
- A merit list of the candidates will be prepared on the basis of their marks in the entrance exam. Separate merit list will be prepared for different courses.
- For the courses for which no entrance exam is held, merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks in the qualifying exam.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called to attend the counseling round where all their documents will verified and they will be asked to provide their choice for course.
- Final admission will be provided to the candidates on the basis of their choice and merit after successful document verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Can I apply for the admission through offline mode?
Answer: No. The application form for Jadavpur University admission will only be released through online mode.
Question 2: What if I lose my admit card?
Answer: In this case, the candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam. To be safe from this, the candidates are suggested to keep multiple copies of admit card.
Question 3: Is it possible to get a refund on the application fee?
Answer: No. the application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Question 4: What documents should I carry with me while reporting for verification?
Answer: The following documents in original and photocopy should be carried at the time of verification:
- Application form printout and fee payment receipt
- Date of birth certificate
- Mark sheets from class 10th to graduation/ post-graduation (as applicable)
- Caste certificate signed by competent authorities (if applicable)
- Income certificate of parents signed by their employers
- A certificate in the prescribed format as a proof that the final examination has been completed on or before the date of application (for B.A/ B.Sc candidates)
- An affidavit that the candidate is not registered in any other day-course if he/ she has completed graduation
- Three passport size photographs