The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) is one of the finest rural management colleges in India that offers FPRM and PGDRM courses. The candidates looking for IRMA 2023 admission need to submit an online application form. Please note that the institute will not conduct any entrance exam for FPRM admission. The candidates will get shortlisted based on CAT/ XAT, personal interview, research proposal, and other criteria. On the other hand, a Social Awareness Test (IRMASAT 2023) will be organized by the institute to screen applicants for the PGDRM course. All the important details regarding the IRMA 2023 admission process are given in this post.
- Candidates must know that there is no management quota for admission to PGDRM at IRMA.
- In order to register for admission, the applicant must have a valid email ID and phone number.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) is a two-year residential program that is equivalent to a Master’s degree by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- FPRM is a Ph.D/ doctorate level research program in rural management studies.
- Before filling the form, candidates must check and ensure that they are eligible. The application fee once submitted will not be refunded back.
IRMA 2023 Important Dates
The tentative Schedule of the IRMA 2023 admission is given in the table below.
For FPRM course
|Beginning of the online application form submission||1st week of February 2023|
|Last date for the submission of application form||Last week of February 2023|
|Intimation regarding the personal interview||3rd week of March 2023|
|Date of personal interview||2nd week of April 2023|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of May 2023|
|Classes of bridge course||4th week of June 2023 to last week of June 2023|
|FPRM induction programme||1st week of July 2023|
|Starting of the first term||1st week of July 2023|
For PGDRM course
|Releasing of online application form||3rd week of September 2022|
|Last date of application form submission for Indian candidates||Last week of December 2022|
|Last date of application form submission for FN/ OCI/ PIO/ CIWG/ NRI/ NRI sponsored candidates||Last week of March 2023|
|Intimation related to the IRMASAT exam, group activity & personal interview (for Indian Candidates)||1st week of February 2023|
|Date of IRMASAT exam, group activity & personal interview (for Indian Candidates)||2nd week of February 2023|
|Date of group activity and personal interview (for FN/ OCI/ PIO/ CIWG/ NRI/ NRI sponsored candidates)||4th week of April 2023|
|Declaration of result for Indian candidates||3rd week of March 2023|
|Last date for the submission of acceptance form with initial fees||Within 1 week of result declaration|
|Last date for the deposition of 1st year’s fees||Within 15 days of result declaration|
|Declaration of result for FN/ OCI/ PIO/ CIWG/ NRI/ NRI sponsored candidates||1st week of May 2023|
|Classes on bridge course||Last week of May 2023|
|Induction program of PGDRM||1st week of June 2023|
|Starting of the first term||3rd week of June 2023|
IRMA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The general eligibility criteria for admission to IRMA vary of different courses as given below.
For FPRM course:
- Aspirants need to have a postgraduate degree or an equivalent degree/ diploma from a recognized university with first division. A relaxation of 5% marks is given to the candidates from SC / ST / OBC-NC / Differently Abled Person categories.
- Those students who are expecting to complete the final exams of these degrees by July 01 2023 are also eligible.
- Candidates must have a valid score in any of the following tests in the last five years – CAT/XAT, GMAT/GRE, UGC-JRF/NET, CSIR-JRF/NET, ICAR-SRF, ICAR/ASRB-NET, GATE.
- The candidates with PGDRM from IRMA and PGP from any of the IIMs (including Agri-Business Management) are exempted from the above qualifying tests.
For PGDRM course:
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of education (10+2+3 pattern) from a recognized university/ institute.
- Aspirants also need to have at least 50% marks in graduation (45% for SC/ ST/ Differently Abled Person).
- Candidates in the final year of graduation can also apply if they expect to complete the graduation before 1st July 2023.
IRMA 2023 Application Form
The IRMA Application form 2023 will be made available in online mode only. Candidates need to visit the official website in order to access the application form.
- To start the application process, the candidates need to register by providing their email ID and mobile number.
- After registration, applicants will receive an auto-generated password on their email IDs. Candidates should keep this password safe for future logins.
- Then, candidates need to sign-in and fill details in the application form.
- The details entered in the form should be authentic otherwise the application may get rejected.
- It is also very important to upload the scanned images of the candidate’s photograph and signature in the application form.
- Next, the candidates have to upload the digitally scanned copies of the OBC/ SC/ ST/ DAP certificate on the application form.
- After submitting the form, aspirants are required to pay the application fee.
- In their own interest, aspirants should keep a copy of the application form submitted and fee receipt.
The application fees for different course and categories are as follows
- General & OBC candidates: Rs. 1400/-
- SC/ ST/ (DAP) PWD candidates: Rs. 700/-
- General & OBC candidates: Rs. 1500/-
- SC/ ST/ (DAP) PWD candidates: Rs. 750/-
- FN/ OCI/ PIO/ CIWG/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored candidates: Rs. 2250/-
Mode of payment: The IMRA Application fee 2023 can be paid online using a credit card/ debit card/ Internet banking.
IRMA 2023 Admit Card
- After submitting an application form, the candidates will get a link to download admit cards on the official website.
- Details of the examination timing, dates and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to take a printout of the admit card and carry it to the examination center along with a photo ID proof.
- No aspirant will be allowed to enter the examination hall without having an admit card or ID proof.
- Candidates should keep the admit card safe till the process of admission process gets over.
IRMA 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates looking for IRMA 2023 admission through the IRMASAT 2023 exam should check out the pattern of the exam given below.
- Examination mode: Online (Computer-Based Test)
- Type of Question: Objective type Multiple Choice Questions
- Number of Questions: 40
- Language of Questions: English only
- Duration of Exam: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer
IRMASAT 2023 Syllabus
The general important topics for the IRMASAT examination are as follows.
- Indian economy, Environmental issues, Human development, Rural and urban, population, Sex ratio, Social and economic development, Employment and literacy, Gender and social groups like caste and religion, Human rights, Agriculture, Rural development, Corporate social responsibility, Health issues, Education, etc.
IRMA 2023 Result
- Candidates will be able to check the result of IRMSAT 2023 exam on the official website.
- To check the result, candidates have to provide their ID and password generated at the time of registration.
- Only those aspirants will participate in the next round who will score more than cutoff marks.
- The institute may also intimate the candidates about the result declaration through emails.
IRMA 2023 Selection Process
The selection processes of different courses are as follows.
For FPRM course
- The institute will shortlist the applications received based on various parameters including academic qualification, test scores, research proposal, and reservation.
- Shortlisted candidates then have to appear for the personal interview and give a presentation on the research proposal.
- During the interview, authorities will focus on judging research aptitude, subject knowledge, clarity, analytical abilities, general personality and perseverance of the applicant.
- To further scrutinize the candidates, authorities may also organize a short written test to assess the analytical and communication abilities of the candidates.
For PGDRM course
- For granting admissions to PGDRM, IRMA will shortlist and call the candidates in two ways.
- Merit-based Calls: Those general category candidates will be shortlisted for IRMASAT, GA and PI processes who will score above 85 percentile in CAT 2020/XAT 2023.
- Profile-cum-merit based calls: The general category candidate will be shortlisted for IRMASAT, GA and PI process if they score above 80 percentile in CAT 2020/XAT 2023.
Other key criteria to get shortlisted under Profile-cum-merit based calls are.
- Excellence: Candidate must have completed graduation from a top university or college.
- Work Experience: work experience in Development Sector, Dairy, Public Policy
- Graduation in Social Science: Development, Agriculture, Dairy, Public policy, Sustainability, Veterinary Sciences, Food Technology
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I get the application form of IRMA 2023 in offline mode?
Answer: No, all the candidates have to submit the application form in online mode only.
Question – 2: What is the number of seats available for admission into the PGDRM course?
Answer: As per the previous year’s data, the total number of seats available for PGDRM is 240.
Question – 3: Is there any age limit for admission into IRMA PGDRM 2023?
Answer: No, there isn’t any age limit.
Question – 4: Can I apply under both foreign nationals/ NRI and Indian Nationals categories?
Answer: Yes, you can apply under both the categories if eligible.