IIT JAM application form 2022: The Indian Institute of Technology is responsible for conducting the Joint admission test on a rotational basis. The test is organized for admission into M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc. – Ph.D., M.Sc. – Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor Degree Programmes offered by different IITs across the country. Not only this, various reputed institutes in the country consider the IIT JAM score for admission into the given programmes. Before applying for the IIT JAM application form 2022, candidates are recommended to go through the eligibility criteria and ensure if they’re eligible to appear for an exam or not. Candidates can utilize the essential information given in the article to know everything about the application form and related processes.
IIT JAM Application Form 2022 Correction has started on 20th October 2021.
IIT JAM application form has been released on
30th August 202125th August 2021.
Application form Highlights
Candidates are suggested to read the highlights related to the IIT JAM application form 2022 explained below in a simple way-
- The application form will be available in online mode only and no other mode shall be entertained by the organizing institute.
- Students can avail the application form from September 2021.
- Students are advised to apply early to avoid last-minute rush.
- Applicants should fill the details asked in the form very carefully. However, they’ll be provided a correction window in case of filling a wrong entry in the form.
- Applicants are required to pay the application fee within the stipulated time via online mode only.
- Applicants must possess a valid Email ID and phone number for registration and future communications.
- Applicants should keep the scanned images ready while filling the application form.
Application Fee Structure
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female candidates/ SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-|
|Others||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
- The fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates can pay the mentioned fee through online mode only (Debit card/ Credit card/ Net Banking/E-Wallet).
Additional Fee for Addition or Change of Test Paper(s)
On submitting the IIT JAM application form 2022, if a candidate wishes to appear in other test paper or to change test paper(s), he/she can add additional test paper or can change the test paper(s) under the stipulated time after paying the additional fee as stated below-
|Category||Existing||Wishes to Change||Wishes to Add|
|Case||Additional Fee||Case||Additional Fee|
|Female /SC/ST/PwD||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||Rs. 750/-||One Test Paper||Rs. 300/-|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||Rs. 300/-||Not Applicable|
|Both Papers||Rs. 1050/-|
|Others||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||Rs. 1500/-||One Test Paper||Rs. 600/-|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||Rs. 600/-||Not Applicable|
|Both Papers||Rs. 2100/-|
Additional Fee for Changing Category or Gender
|Existing Gender/ Category||Changes||Case||Additional Fee|
|Female /(SC/ ST/ PwD (Group- 1)||Within Group-1||One or Two Test Paper(s)||NIL|
|To Group-2||One Test Paper||Rs. 750/-|
|Both Papers||Rs. 1050/-|
|All Others (Group- 2)||To Group-1||One or Two Test Paper(s)||NIL|
How to fill the IIT JAM application form 2022
Given below is the step-by-step procedure on how to fill the IIT JAM application form for the year 2022. Candidates should follow the instructions mentioned to fill the form correctly.
- Visit the official website or click on the link given. (link will be provided once available)
- Click on the JOAPS link on the left side of the screen saying “applicant login”.
- Now you’ll be directed to JOAPS Portal where you need to register using a valid Email ID and password.
- A unique Enrollment ID will be sent to the registered Email.
- Now use this ID for login to the JOAPS Portal to fill the form.
- JOAPS will provide an interface to fill the form.
- Enter your personal details and educational qualifications as asked in the form.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature in the column dedicated for it.
- Upload the category certificate in PDF format (if applicable).
- Now proceed towards the payment section.
- Pay the required fee using any of the given modes- Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking or E-Wallet.
- Check your application status to ensure if it is submitted successfully or not.
- Contact authorities if the application is not submitted even after paying the application fee.
Official website to apply online