The Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) annually invites applications for admission in PG diploma courses in Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations, and Radio and TV Journalism offered by it. To select the candidates for these courses, the Institute will conduct IIMC entrance exam 2023. Candidates can apply for the entrance exam by filling the application form available in both online and offline mode.
The application form will tentatively be released in the 3rd week of March 2023. Before heading to the application form, candidates should ensure their eligibility status i.e. if they can appear for the exam or not. Ineligible candidates won’t be permitted for taking the exam. The total duration of the written test will be 2 hours. Candidates will be selected based on their performance in the IIMC entrance exam 2023 followed by a personal interview or group discussion.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates for IIMC entrance exam 2023 are provided in the table given below-
|Availability of the application form||3rd week of March 2023|
|Last date to apply for entrance exam||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date of receipt of application form||1st week of May 2023|
|Admit card releasing||3rd week of May 2023|
|Exam date (for all courses other than Urdu, Odia, Marathi and Malayalam)||Last week of May 2023|
|Exam date for Journalism courses||4th week of May 2023|
|Result announcement||2nd or 3rd week of June 2023|
|Interview dates||Last week of June 2023|
|Announcement of final selection||2nd or 3rd week of July 2023|
|Last date to deposit the 1st installment of fee||3rd week of July 2023|
|Last date to submit the documents||Last week of August 2023|
|Commencement of academic session||Last week of July 2023/1st week of August 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for IIMC entrance exam 2023
The eligibility criteria for IIMC entrance exam are as follows-
- Nationality: Only Indian nationals can apply for the entrance test.
- Age limit: In order to be eligible for the exam, the applicants should have been born on or after 1st August 1995. However, candidates belonging to the reserved category can claim relaxation in age as per the rules.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess a valid bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Those appearing in the final year of their degree program are also eligible to apply for the IIMC entrance exam.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2023 Application Form
Candidates can purchase the application form in person by visiting the IIMC premises or through the post. They can also fill the online application form or download the same from the official website of the IIMC i.e. www.iimc.nic.in. Candidates can submit only one application form for Journalism i.e. any one of the given courses Hindi/English/Urdu/Odia/Marathi/Malayalam as the written exam for these courses will be common. The application form for different courses will be different. Hence, before filling the form, candidates should check that they are filling the form for the course they wish to enroll in.
Candidates will be required to upload/paste their passport size photograph and signature in a proper format. The details in the online form should be entered very carefully as no correction facility will be provided once the form is submitted successfully. The offline/downloaded form should be sent to the authorities on time to avoid rejection of the application.
|Category||Application fee to be paid|
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid via online mode i.e. through debit card, credit card and net banking or via DD to be drawn in favour of “IIMC, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi. The DD along with the filled-in offline application form should reach the address given below on or before the due date mentioned in the post-
The Additional Director General (T&A),
Indian Institute of Mass Communication,
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067
IIMC 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for IIMC entrance exam is as follows-
- Exam mode: Offline (written exam)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Language: Depends on the course selected by the candidates
- Type of questions: Descriptive type
- Total number of questions: 85 questions
- Negative marking: Not applicable
IIMC entrance exam syllabus
The syllabus for different courses offered under IIMC entrance exam is given below-
Journalism: Candidates will be assessed for their general awareness, analytical and comprehension skills, ethics and values, sensitivity to social issues, language ability (oral and written skills), aptitude and mental make-up.
Advertising and public relations: Candidates will be tested for their aptitude and mental make-up, general awareness about development and public issues, language capabilities, analytical and comprehension skills, brand awareness and recall, social consciousness, lateral thinking capabilities.
IIMC 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card for IIMC entrance exam 2023 can be downloaded from the official website of the Institute i.e. iimc.nic.in.
- The admit card will most probably be released in the 3rd week of May 2023.
- Candidates should keep a printout copy of the hall ticket and save it for future reference.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to carry their admit card along with a valid govt. ID proof to the exam venue or else they won’t be allowed to appear in the exam.
- Any discrepancy in the admit card should be communicated to the authority immediately.
IIMC 2023 Result and Selection
- The result of IIMC entrance exam 2020 will be published on the official website of the institute.
- Candidates appeared in the written test will be ranked according to the marks obtained.
- A merit list will be prepared for each of the courses (including a separate shortlist for the reserved seats in each course).
- The merit list will be drawn based on the combined marks secured by the candidates in both the written test and PI/GD.
- The written examination and interview / group discussion carry the weightage in the ratio 75:25.
- The shortlisted candidates need to appear for the interview/group discussion to be held in New Delhi at their own expenses.