Candidates interested in pursuing PG programs offered by the International Institute of Information Technology (IIITH) must apply for the PGEE entrance exam conducted by the Institute. Before proceeding for the application form, candidates should ensure that they satisfy the IIITH PGEE eligibility criteria 2022 laid down by the authority. Candidates should have done graduation/post-graduation in relevant discipline from a recognized University. Prior work experience in the relevant industry will be preferred by the authority.
IIITH PGEE Eligibility Criteria 2022
To apply for the examination, candidates must fill the IIITH application form available on the official website of the Institute. The application form for monsoon session will be released in the 2nd week of February 2022. Before moving ahead to the form filling part, candidates must make sure that they fulfill all the requirements specified by the authority. Ineligible candidates won’t be permitted to appear in the PGEE exam. Here are those necessary conditions that must be met by the candidates under any circumstances-
Eligibility criteria for the monsoon session
- For admission in M.Tech/ M.S and Ph.D program, candidates should have done B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch/ M.E/ M.Tech degree in any discipline or possess a master’s degree in any of the discipline-science, mathematics, information technology, computers, and MCA program from a recognized University.
- A student with an Engineering or Science degree in any field/area can seek admission in fields other than the one in which they have completed their basic degree. For example, if a candidate has completed B.Tech in Electronics/ Electrical/ Civil Engineering, then he/she can apply for M.Tech/ M.S/ Ph.D in Computer Science, and Bioinformatics.
- Certain qualities in the candidates will be preferred by the authorities for admission such as good-quality research publication, participation in research-oriented projects, work experience in research and development, relevant work experience of the industry.
- Those appearing in the final year can also apply for the PGEE exam provided that they must have completed their graduation/post-graduation by July 2022.
Eligibility criteria for the spring session (for Ph.D only)
- Applicants must have completed B.E/ B.Tech or M.E/ M.Tech/ MCA in electronics, electrical, computer science, computer engineering from a recognized University.
- They should have maintained a consistent and excellent academic record.
- Candidates possessing certain traits will be preferred for admission such as-good quality research publications, participation in research-oriented projects, and relevant work experience of the industry.