International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad will select the candidates for admission into its postgraduate and doctorate courses on the basis of the IIITH PGEE 2023 exam. It is an online (computer-based) test conducted twice in a year. Interested candidates can either apply in the spring session or monsoon session. The degree programs available through this exam are M.Tech, MS and Ph.D. Candidates seeking admission through this exam must check the eligibility criteria very carefully before applying. The application form for IIITH PGEEE examination will release in online mode only.
IIITH PGEE 2023
- IITH PGEE 2023 exam consists of two papers. The first paper will determine the general aptitude of the candidate and the second paper will be of the subject knowledge.
- The facility of mock test is also available on the official website. Candidates can be familiar with the examination pattern using the mock test.
- Candidates can seek admission to the PG course in the fields other than the one in which they have completed their graduation. For example – if you have completed B.Tech in Civil/ Electrical/ Electronic then you may apply for MS/ M.Tech/ Ph.D. in computer science.
- To shortlist the candidates, the institute will also organize an interview after the written test.
For Spring Session
|Important Activities||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of the online application form submission||4th week of October 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of November 2022|
|Release of admit cards for downloading||Last week of November 2022|
|Date of Entrance Exam||1st week of December 2022|
|Declaration of result||1st week of December 2022|
|Date of Interview||1st week of December 2022|
|Announcement of Interview result||2nd week of December 2022|
For Monsoon Session
|Important Activities||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of the application form submission online||1st week of February 2023|
|Last date for an application form submission||2nd week of April 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2023|
|Entrance Exam Date||3rd week of April 2023|
|Result Declaration||4th week of April 2023|
|Date of Interview||4th week of April 2023|
|Interview result declaration||4th week of April 2023|
The courses available through this exam are as follows.
- M.Tech: Computer Science and Engineering, Computer Science and Information Security, Computer-Aided Structural Engineering, Bioinformatics
- M.S: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Linguistics, IT in Building Science, Computational Natural Sciences
- Ph.D.: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Linguistics, Spatial Informatics, Computational Natural Sciences, IT in Building Science, Cognitive Science.
IIITH PGEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must check the following eligibility norms before applying to IIITH PGEE 2023 exam.
- Aspiring candidates must have a B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech degree in any branch including Biotechnology/ Civil/ ECE/ EEE/ CSE.
- Candidates with B.Arch, MCA or Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Information Technology/Computers can also apply.
The institute especially encourages applicants having the following things to apply.
- Participation in research-oriented projects
- Good-quality research publications
- Work experience in the industry
- Work experience in R&D labs
IIITH PGEE 2023 Application Form
Those who are eligible can fill and submit the IIITH PGEE 2023 application form in online mode through the official website i.e. www.iiit.ac.in. The important details related to the application process are listed below.
- To initiate the application process, first, you have to visit the official website and start the registration.
- During registration, applicants have to provide their basic details including their name, date of birth, number of siblings in the family, parent’s qualification, etc.
- Login credentials will get generated after the registration.
- Then, sign-in to the portal and access the main application form.
- In the main application form, the candidates have to provide the rest of the educational, personal and contact details.
- Applicants also need to upload their latest photograph and signature in the application form.
- The application fee is required to be paid after submitting the application form.
- It is better to take a printout of the submitting application form and fee receipt for future references.
- The IIITH PGEE 2023 Application fee is Rs. 2000/-
- Candidates can pay the fee online using a credit card/ debit card or net banking. Please note that the institute does not accept Rupay cards.
IIITH PGEE 2023 Admit Card
- Once the application form submission process gets completed, the institute will release the admit cards on its official website.
- Candidates will be able to download the same easily by entering their application number and password.
- All the important details related to the IIITH PGEE 2023 exam including exam timing, venue, etc. will be mentioned on the admit card.
- After accessing the admit card, the candidates should verify details carefully and contact the authorities in case of any discrepancy.
- It is compulsory to carry an admit card along with a photo ID proof at the time of an examination.
IIITH PGEE 2023 Exam Pattern
Aspirants looking to take IIITH PGEE 2023 exam may check the pattern of the exam as given below.
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Number of Section: 2 (Section I and Section II)
- Duration of the exam: 180 minutes (90 minutes for each section)
- Type of Questions: Objective Type multiple-choice questions
- Subjects in the exam
- Section I: General aptitude paper
- Section II: Subject paper
A brief syllabus for IIITH PGEE Examination 2023 is as follows.
- Section I: General Aptitude: Basic aptitude, Logical reasoning and basic questions on computers and mathematics.
- Section II: Subject Paper
- Mathematics: Finite-Dimensional Linear Vector Space, Group, Ring and Field, Real Analysis, Probability Theory, Ordinary Diﬀerential Equation, Optimization
- Computer Science and Engineering: Fundamental Programming Concepts, Functions, Control Flow, Boolean Algebra, Capability to write programs in C or C++, etc.
- Electronics and Communications Engineering: Networks, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital circuits, Control Systems, Signals and Systems, Probability theory and random processes, Communication Theory, Digital Signal Processing
- Civil Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Hydraulics, and Water Resources Engineering
IIITH PGEE 2023 Result
- After conducting the exam, the institute will declare the result on its official website.
- Candidates who will take the exam will be able to check their result by entering their roll numbers.
- Those who will clear the exam need to appear for an interview.
- Please note that details about the IIITH PGEE 2023 Interview will be updated on the official website after the result declaration.
- The admission will be granted to those candidates who will do well in both the written exam and interview. The institute will create a merit list for shortlisting the candidates after the interview.
- To confirm the admission, the candidates have to get their documents verified.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I submit the application form in offline mode as well?
Answer: No, the institute will not accept the application form in any mode other than online through the official website.
Question – 2: I have completed my B.Tech from the CS branch. Can I apply for M.Tech in bioinformatics?
Answer: Yes, you can apply because the institute accepts the change in field.
Question – 3: I am unable to download my IIITH PGEE 2023 Admit Card?
Answer: You must contact the authorities as early as possible.
- Address: PG Admissions, IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli Hyderabad – 500 032
- Phone: +91 (40) 6653 1250, +91 (40) 6653 1337
- Fax : +91 (40) 6653 1413
- Email: [email protected]
Question – 4: Will the IIITH PGEE 2023 exam be held in my city?
Answer: The institute will organize the entrance exam in a large number of cities all over India. You may visit the official website to check the list of exam center cities.