Candidates will be shortlisted for admission into the MBA (International Business) course offered by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) on the basis of admission test. Candidates clearing the admission test will then have to appear for the GD/ PI round for final selection. Admission to the foreign national/ NRI candidates will be granted on the basis of GMAT score. The application form for the admission will be made available in online mode from 1st September 2021 onwards. Interested candidates can get the complete details related to the IIFT 2022 admission process from this article.
IIFT 2022 Major Highlights
- Candidates will be given one time option to modify the data. Modification option will be available after completing all four stages of the application form.
- Candidate can apply for change of centre online by making a payment of Rs. 1000/-.
- Candidates are advised to communicate the application number in all correspondence with the institute.
- In case of any problem, the candidates can contact the Section Officer (Admissions Cell) via phone or email.
- NRI-Sponsored candidates and Children of NRIs are not considered under the Foreign Nationals/ NRI category.
IIFT 2022 Important Dates
The dates related to IIFT 2022 are given in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||1st September 2021|
|Starting of correction in submitted application form||September 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||October 2021|
|Last date to apply online and submit GMAT score for foreign national/ NRI candidates||November 2021|
|Submission of request for exam center change||November 2021|
|Issue of admit card||November 2021|
|Date of admission test||5th December 2021|
|Result declaration||December 2021|
|Date of GD/ PI/ WAT round||January 2022/ February 2020|
|Final result declaration||March 2022/ April 2022|
IIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who wish to appear for the IIFT 2022 exam must satisfy the eligibility criteria as given below:
- A recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) is required to be eligible.
- Candidates appearing in final year of graduation can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by the prescribed time limit.
- There is no age limit to appear for IIFT 2022.
Special requirements for NRI/ foreign candidates
- Candidate should have resided outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2021.
- A valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score is also mandatory.
- Such candidates need to have a valid passport/ travel document from a country other than India.
IIFT 2022 Application Form
The institute has released the application form for IIFT 2022 on 1st September 2021 in online mode. Candidates can obtain the form by visiting the official website of the IIFT www.iift.edu. Other than online no other mode of filling the application form will be entertained.
- Candidates will first have to fill a primary registration form providing details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender, resident, mobile number, email id and a password.
- After submission of these details, the candidates will be asked to provide their academic and rest personal details into the form.
- In the next step, the application will have to make payment of the prescribed application fee.
- The last step in the application filling process will be uploading of photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format.
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates need to upload the category certificate as well.
- Once all the details are successfully entered into the form, the candidates can make its final submission.
- It is suggested that the candidates take a printout of the application form and keep it safe in case of further correspondence.
Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode using debit card/ credit card/ net banking or offline via demand draft.
The category-wise application fee is given as:
- General/ OBC Candidates: Rs. 1650/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates: Rs. 825/-
- Foreign National and NRI Candidates: USD 85 or Rs. 5500/-
Application of Foreign Nationals
Applications of Foreign Nationals under Self-financing Scheme should be routed through the Ministry of External Affairs/Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Along with the copy of application, the following documents must also be sent so as to reach IIFT before the last specified date.
- Filled in CV Form
- Copy of latest GMAT score certificate
- Attested copy of all academic mark-sheets/ certificates (Class X, XII & Graduation)
- Copy of all Passport pages having official entries
- An undertaking that the candidate has not appeared for any MBA entrance examination such as CAT/ XAT/ IIFT for the year 2022.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably, one by a current supervisor or manager and the second from someone who is in a position to evaluate the applicant’s professional performance, managerial and leadership potential
- Indian national living, working, studying abroad should produce a certificate from the Indian Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate of the country where he/she is currently based, stating that he/she has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2021.
Note: No letter of recommendation should be written by immediate family members.
IIFT 2022 Exam Pattern
Check the overview of IIFT 2022 exam pattern below:
- Exam duration: 120
- Question paper language: English
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Important topics: English Grammar, Vocabulary & Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis
IIFT 2022 Admit Card
- IIFT admit card 2022 can be downloaded from the official website tentatively from the month of November onwards.
- The candidate should report to the venue of the exam with a printout of the admit card.
- Along with the admit card, any one of documents among Passport, Election I-Card, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card or Driving License should also be carried to the exam center.
- No candidates in the absence of these documents will be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Important details related to the exam such as its center, date and time will be communicated to the candidates via the admit card itself.
IIFT 2022 Result
- Result of the IIFT 2022 entrance exam is expected to be released in the month of January 2022.
- Candidates will be able to check their result online by visiting the official website of the institute.
- Rank card of the candidates will also be made available for download on the official website.
- Merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared for GD and PI round in the order of ranking.
IIFT 2022 Selection Process
- The candidates whose names appear in the merit list will have to appear for writing skills assessment, group discussion, and interview.
- Report candidates must carry with them all the important documents in original and photocopy as well.
- Candidates called for the interview round have to make their own travel arrangements. In case they are not able to be physically present, they would be interviewed through Skype.
- Final results will be declared based on the overall performance of the applicants in the admission test and the interview.