The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will conduct entrance exam for admission into its B.Sc Nursing course. The entrance test, IGNOU OPENNET 2023, will be conducted as a pen and paper based test and will be tentatively held in the month of August 2023. Application form for the entrance exam can be filled and submitted upto July 2023. Candidates must ensure their eligibility before applying for the exam. Complete information about IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 such as application process, exam, result, etc can be found from this article.
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023
- Only in-service nurse currently working in hospital/ community can apply.
- In case a candidate provides a Regional Centre Code where PSC of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is not located, application form might get rejected.
- After the announcement of results, candidates should contact the Regional Centre for further information.
- Counseling and admission process will be organized by the respective Regional Centre/s.
- If more than one PSC under a particular Regional Centre then the PSC will be allotted on the basis of merit.
- Admission will be provided to the candidates on basis of region-wise merit list.
- Experience of the candidates will be counted after RNRM registration till the last date of receipt of application.
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 Schedule
Below given are the tentative dates related to IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023:
|Beginning of application process||February 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form||July 2023|
|Uploading of admit card on official website||August 2023|
|Date of entrance test||August 2023|
|Declaration of result||October 2023/ November 2023|
|Commencement of region-wise counseling||December 2023 /January 2023|
|Date of final admission||January 2023|
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility for IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 is provided below:
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) after completing 10+2 is required.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse or Registered Midwives (RNRM).
- A minimum of two years experience is also mandatory that means only in-service nurses are eligible.
- Candidates with Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) after completing class 10 are also eligible.
- However, such candidates need to have a minimum of five years.
- RNRM (Registered Nurse or Registered Midwives) registration is compulsory.
- For male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the Nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery.
- There is no maximum age limit for admission to B.Sc Nursing course.
- Work experience before RN/ RM registration will not be considered for admission to nursing Programme.
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Application Form
The application form for IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 can e obtained from the regional centers by making application fee submission in cash. Other than this, the application form can also be downloaded from the official website www.ignou.ac.in. In case of downloaded form, the application fee can be submitted via demand draft.
- Basic personal and academic details of the candidates should be entered into the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates should also be provided into the form at the appropriate places.
- Any convenient exam city can be provided by the candidates for appearing in the entrance test, in the application form.
- Care should be taken while filling the application form as any incorrect information or incomplete form will be rejected without any communication.
- Submit the duly filled application form to the Regional Centre where admission is desired.
- A photocopy of the filled-in application form should be kept by the candidates for future reference.
- Do not submit multiple applications as it can lead to cancellation of candidature.
The application fee if paid via cash at the counter will be Rs. 1200/- and will be Rs. 1210/- if paid via registered post.
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Exam Pattern
Overview of IGNOU OPENNET 2023 exam pattern:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 2 hours & 30 minutes
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 120
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry one mark.
- Important topics: Questions will be asked from the subjects taught in GNM
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card for the entrance exam will be released in online mode and can be downloaded from the official website of the university.
- After downloading, the candidates should take a printout of their admit card and carry it to the exam center.
- Important details related to the candidate such as name, category, gender, etc and the exam like venue, date, time, etc will be printed on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall in the absence of a valid admit card.
- The candidates are advised to preserve the admit card as it will also be required at the time of counseling and admission.
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Result
- Result of the entrance exam will be declared online and can be checked form the IGNOU’s website.
- Region-wise merit list of the qualified candidates will be drawn and displayed on the official website.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks in entrance exam, experience, GNM marks, date of birth and caste.
- Candidates with names in the merit list will have to appear for the counseling and admission process.
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Counseling
- Counseling will be done at the respective IGNOU Regional Centers according to the region-wise merit list.
- Reporting candidates should bring Original Certificates and their photocopy for verification during counseling.
- After the documents of the candidates are verified, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
- Finally selected candidates will have to submit the admission fee and complete other procedures as required for admission.
The following documents in original and photocopy should be carried at the time of counseling for verification:
- Admit card of entrance test
- Class 10th certificate for date of birth
- Class 12th pass certificate
- Valid RNRM Registration Certificate (in case of registration from multiple councils, all certificates should be produced)
- Experience Certificate/s on Letter Head by competent authority with full name, date and signature with stamp
- GNM Mark sheets
- NOC from the organization where working presently
- Category Certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL / PH/ Kashmiri Migrant/ War Widow
- Income certificate for OBC-NCL
- Two passport size photographs
- Demand draft of Rs. 18,000/- in favor of IGNOU, payable at concerned regional centre