Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) program for aspiring teachers. The admission process for IGNOU B.Ed. program begins with the release of the admission notification by the university. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the program.
The admission is offered on the basis of an entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Those who want to apply need to fill out and submit the application form before the last date. Trained in-service teachers in elementary education can also apply for this course.
IGNOU B.Ed. Admission Highlights 2024
|Name of the course||B.Ed.|
|Name of the University||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Criteria||On the basis of an entrance test|
|Languages||Hindi and English|
|Age Limit||No upper or lower age limit|
IGNOU B.Ed. Admission Dates 2024
The tentative schedule for B.Ed. admission at IGNOU is given in the following table.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||3rd week of November 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of December 2023|
|Releasing of Admit Card||1st week of January 2024|
|Date of entrance exam||2nd week of January 2024|
|Availability of answer key||2nd week of February 2024|
|Declaration of result||4th week of March 2024|
Duration of the course
- The minimum duration of B.Ed. at IGNOU is two years and the maximum period is 5 years.
- Candidates must have at least 50% marks either in Graduation/ Post-Graduation in Science/ Social Science/ Commerce/ Humanity.
- Aspirants with Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other equivalent qualification are also eligible.
- The following category candidates are eligible for admission to B.Ed. (ODL).
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed an NCTE-recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
Note: Students from SC/ ST/ OBC Categories will get a relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks.
IGNOU B.Ed. Application Form 2024
Candidates who want to apply for IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Test may follow the steps listed below.
- First of all, candidates must visit the official website of IGNOU B.Ed. Registration i.e. https://eportal.ignou.ac.in/entrancebed/.
- Click on the “Register Yourself” button appearing on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Fill out all the required basic details such as name, date of birth, email address, etc. and click on the “Submit” button.
- Next, aspirants may log in and access the main application form.
- In the next step, you must upload the following two documents.
- Candidate’s Photograph – less than 100 KB in size
- Signature of the candidate – less than 50 KB in size
- After that, candidates must pay the necessary application fee.
- Finally, save and take a printout of the form preview for future reference.
- The application fee is Rs. 1000/- for all candidates.
- Candidates can pay the application fee online using methods such as a credit card, debit card, UPI, and Net Banking.
- To take part in the B.Ed. Entrance exam, candidates must have a valid admit card.
- The admit cards will be available a few weeks before the examination date.
- An admit card contains important information such as the student’s name, exam date and time, and exam centre location.
- To download the admit card, students must visit the official IGNOU website and enter their login credentials. Once logged in, they can download and print the admit card.
- It is important to note that the admit card must be carried to the exam centre along with a valid photo ID proof.
- Students must carefully check all the details mentioned on the admit card and contact the university in case of any discrepancies.
IGNOU B.Ed. Exam Pattern 2024
NTA will conduct the IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam on the basis of the following pattern.
- Mode of examination – Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of questions – Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of sections – 2
- Number of questions – 100
- Duration of exam – 2 hours
- Language of questions – Hindi and English
- Maximum Marks – 100
- Marking Scheme – Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking – Not applicable
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part – A|
|General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Teaching-Learning & The School||25||25|
|Part – B|
|Subject Competence (anyone) ScienceSocial ScienceMathematicsHindiEnglish||20||20|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
- General English Comprehension – Basic Grammar, Idioms and Phrases, Reading Comprehension. Synonyms and Antonyms
- Teaching-Learning and the School – Child-Centred and Progressive Education, Responsibilities toward society, Fundamental and Principles of Education, Development of teacher education in India, Learning and Pedagogy, Aptitude and development of students, Activities, Experiments Related to School & New Findings, Inclusive education and Teaching ability.
- Logical Reasoning – Syllogism, Analogy, Classification, Blood-Relation, Logical Reasoning, Number & Alphanumeric Series, Coding-Decoding, Calendar, Number Series.
- Education & General Awareness – Political Science, Social Science, Geography, History, and Current Affairs.
- The result of IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam will be declared a few weeks after the test.
- Candidates will be able to check their results online by providing their login credentials.
- The result will contain information about the marks and ranks secured by candidates.
- Admissions will be provided on the basis of the score obtained in the online entrance test.
- The university will also release the list of candidates shortlisted for admission.
- The selected candidates will then have to upload the required documents for verification.
- The final admission to the programme is subject to the candidate’s rank in the merit list and the production of proof of eligibility.
- Counselling for admission to the B.Ed. programme will be done at regional centres based on the region-wise/ cluster-wise merit list, rank and availability of seats.
- Candidates must bring all original certificates for verification during counselling.
- During the counselling process, the university will verify all details submitted by students.
- If a candidate is found submitting wrong information then his candidature will be cancelled at any stage.
IGNOU B.Ed. Fee Structure
- The fee structure of IGNOU B.Ed. is Rs. 55000/- for the entire programme.
- Candidates selected for admission need to pay the required fee to confirm their seats.
- If a candidate fails to pay the required fees before the last date then his seat will be offered to the next candidate as per the merit list.
- The programme fee should be paid only by a demand draft drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at the city where your regional centre is situated.
Frequently Asked Questions
This exam is conducted only once a year.
No, appearing in the entrance exam is mandatory for all candidates.
The contact details for B.Ed. admission at IGNOU are given below.
· Address – School of Education, IGNOU
· Contact Number – 011-29572945
· Email ID – [email protected]