The National Testing Agency shoulders the responsibility of conducting the IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2021. Candidates looking to pursue B.Ed. Degree course from IGNOU can apply for the same. Please note that the NTA will conduct this exam in online mode and candidates will be asked to answer 100 objective type questions. Interested candidates who are seeking admission through this test need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. All the important details related to the IGNOU B.Ed. Admission 2021 are provided in this article.
The admit card for IGNOU BEd entrance test has released on 6th April 2021.
IGNOU B.Ed exam will be held on 11th April 2021. The application form is available from 2nd March 2021. The last date for submitting application has been extended till 25th March 2021.
|Availability of application form||2nd March 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form|
|Releasing of Admit Card||6th April 2021|
|Date of examination||11th April 2021|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of May 2021|
IGNOU B.Ed. Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for B.Ed. in regular mode and B.Ed. (ODL) programme as given below.
For regular B.Ed programme:
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Those aspirants who have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology (BE/ B.Tech) with specialization in Science and Mathematics securing a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent are also eligible.
- A relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying marks will be given to the students who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC- NCL/ PWD categories.
For B.Ed (ODL) programme:
- Aspirants should be trained in-service teachers in elementary education are eligible to apply for the B.Ed (ODL) programme.
- Those candidates who have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode can also apply for B.Ed (ODL).
IGNOU B.Ed. Application Form 2021
Those who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. Candidates need to visit the official website in order to begin the application process. All the necessary details related to the application process are given below.
- To begin the application procedure, candidates are required to register on the official website.
- During the registration process, aspirants have to enter some of their basic details including name, father’s name, date of birth, email, mobile number, etc.
- The login credentials for the candidates will be generated after the registration.
- Then, candidates may login and access the main application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants are required to fill the necessary educational, personal, and contact details.
- Make sure that all the details entered in the application form are correct. Otherwise, the application form might get rejected.
- Apart from this, candidates have to upload the scanned images of their password size photograph and signature.
- After entering all the details in the application form, candidates can move on to pay the necessary application fee.
- Finally, the candidates must take a printout of the application form submitted for future requirements.
- The application fee for all the candidates is the same i.e. Rs. 1000/-
- All the candidates can pay the application fee online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
IGNOU B.Ed. Admit Card 2021
- The candidates will be able to download the admit card for the IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2021 in online mode.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to enter their registration details.
- Candidates must take a printout of the download admit card.
- Information about the date, time, and venue of the examination will be present on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
- Aspirants must keep the copy of an admit card safe even after the exam as it might be required during further rounds of the admission process.
IGNOU B.Ed. Admission 2021 Exam Pattern
The general pattern of the IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2021 is given below.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer based test)
- Type of questions: Objective MCQ
- Number of questions: 100
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Medium of question: English and Hindi
- Marking pattern: Each question will carry 1 mark
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Teaching – Learning & the school||25||25|
Any one of the following: Science, Social Studies, English, Hindi or Mathematics
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
The candidates preparing for the exam should check out the syllabus given below.
- Teaching- Learning & the School: Pedagogy, Child Development, Classroom Training, Learning Process, Classroom Teaching, etc
- Educational & General Awareness: General Knowledge, History, Geography, Political Science, Education System in India, Basic Science, etc
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning: Coding & Decoding, Number & Letter Series, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relations, Syllogism, Order & Ranking, etc
- General English Comprehension: Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Correction, Tenses, etc
- Subject Competence: Questions will be asked as per the curriculum of class 9th and 10th prescribed by NCERT/ CBSE
IGNOU B.Ed. Admission 2021 Result
- The NTA will declare the result online soon after conducting the exam.
- Candidates will be able to check the result by entering their roll number, date of birth, etc.
- Information about the subject-wise and total marks secured by the candidate will be present on the result card.
- Please note that NTA will declare the result only. The result of the admission process after the result declaration will be managed by the IGNOU.
- IGNOU will release the final merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
Counselling and Admission
- After the declaration of result, the counselling and admission process of B.Ed. program will be managed by the IGNOU.
- Only those candidates will be allowed to take part in the counselling who will score more than qualifying marks.
- Before granting the final admission, the university will verify the documents of each candidate.
- The admission will be confirmed after the proper verification of documents and payment of the admission fee.
Frequently Asked Question
Question – 1: Do I need to submit a hard copy of the application form submitted online?
Answer: No, there is no need to send the hard copy of the application form submitted online.
Question – 2: Will I receive the admit card by post or courier after the submission of an application form?
Answer: No, NTA will not send the admit card by post to any of the candidates.
Question – 3: Can I get my application fee refunded in case I do not appear for the exam or my application form gets rejected?
Answer: Please note that the application fee once submitted will not be refunded in any case.
Question – 4: How many questions will be asked in the entrance exam?
Answer: A total of 100 questions will be asked in the entrance test.
Question – 5: In which language the questions will be asked in the entrance exam?
Answer: Aspirants must note that the questions will be asked in both Hindi and English languages.