Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has released the application form for its large number of UG/ PG/ Diploma and certificate courses. As the university provides admission in two different cycles within a year, the application form is also released twice in a year. A candidate can either apply for the January session or July session as per his/ her convenience. For most of the courses, IGNOU application form is going to be available in both online and offline mode. For a few courses like MBA, B.Ed, etc. admissions are provided on the basis of entrance exams to be conducted by NTA. So, the application form for such courses will get released separately.
IGNOU application form has been released now for January 2022 session.
- The application form for IGNOU admission to most of the courses will be available offline as well as online through its official website i.e. https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in.
- Interested candidates can submit the application form in offline mode through the regional center.
- In order to get admission to MBA, the candidates have to apply for IGNOU OPENMAT exam to be conducted by the NTA.
- Similarly to the MBA, the entrance exam for IGNOU B.Ed admission is also conducted by NTA.
- The application form for MBA and B.Ed admission will be made available on the official website of NTA i.e. https://ntaignou.nic.in/.
- For B.Sc. Nursing admission, the candidates have to apply for the OPENNET exam. The application form for this course will be available in offline mode only.
- In case university rejects your admission after the submission of admission form then you will get a refund of the fees submitted.
- IGNOU Application form for foreign nationals will be available in offline mode only.
How to Apply for IGNOU Admission?
The candidate can fill and submit the IGNOU Application form in both online and offline mode. However, you should note that the application form for MBA and B.Ed will be available only in online mode through the website of NTA. The instructions for applying to different courses of IGNOU are given below. However, do not forget to confirm your eligibility before you proceed filling the application form.
- If you are looking to apply online then you have to register on the official website.
- For MBA and B.Ed admission, you need to register on the official website of NTA i.e. ntaignou.nic.in.
- For the rest of the courses, you need to register on the IGNOU’s website for online admission i.e. onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in.
- In order to register, you have to enter some of your basic contact and personal details like Name, Father’s Name, Email address, and phone number.
- After that, you need to verify your phone number by entering the OTP.
- Once the registration process gets over, you can move on to access the main application form.
Note: Keep the login credential generated after registration for future requirement.
- In the main application form, you have to provide your personal, educational and contact details in an accurate manner.
- Then, upload the scanned images of documents including photograph and signature.
- You can submit the application form once you are done with entering the details and uploading scanned images.
- Pay the required admission/ application fee after submitting the application form.
- The application fee will be paid in online mode using a debit card, credit card or net banking.
- Don’t forget to take a printout of submitted application form and fee.
- Except for the courses whose entrance exam is conducted by the NTA, you can apply for rest of the courses in offline mode as well.
- For offline application, you may download the application form from the website of IGNOU or get it from the regional center.
- In the application form, you must fill each of the details in neat and clean handwriting.
- Paste your recent passport size colored photograph on the application form duly attested by you.
- Affix the following documents with the application form.
- Demand Draft/Challan Form for Programme fee/fee for 1st Year/1st Semester.
- Certificates in support of your educational qualification(s).
- Experience Certificate wherever required.
- Category Certificate for SC/ST/Non-creamy Layer of OBC/PH/Kashmiri Migrant/War Widow candidates wherever required.
- Age Certificate wherever required.
- Student Card duly filled in along with a photograph.
- Acknowledgement Card duly stamped.
- Submit the application form at the regional center where you are looking for admission.
Given below is the list of documents you will require for filling the online application form.
- Copy of Board/ University Certificate for Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Card (Not mandatory)
- Type of Identification – Bank A/c Number/ Passport Number/ Ration Card/ Other Govt ID
- Qualifying Degree Certificate or last semester marks sheet
- Your Mailing Address as well as Permanent Address with Pin Code
- Four cities for Centres of your choice
- Category Certificate, if applicable
- Person with Disability (PwD) Certificate, if applicable
- e-mail address and Mobile Number of candidate
- Scanned images in JPG/JPEG format only.
- Size of documents to be uploaded
- Candidate’s Photograph: 10 kb to 200 kb.
- Candidate’s Signature: 4 kb to 30 kb.
For Rest of the UG/ PG Courses
- Scanned image of latest Photograph (Maximum 100 KB)
- Scanned image of your latest Signature (Maximum 100 KB)
- Copy of your Age Proof (Scanned).
- Scanned copy of your relevant Educational Qualifications (Maximum 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of your Experience Certificate (If Any). (Maximum 400 KB)
- Copy of your Category Certificate, if belongs to SC/ST/OBC. (Maximum
- 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of your BPL Certificate, If Below Poverty Line. (Must be less than 400 KB)
The IGNOU Application Fee 2021 depends upon the course in which you are looking for admission.
MBA Admission (OPENMAT Fee)
- Rs. 600/- (same for all the candidates)
B.Sc. Nursing (OPENNET Fee)
- Rs. 1200/- (by Cash at the counter of a regional center)
- Rs. 1210/- (by registered post)
B.Ed Application through NTA
- Rs. 600/- (same for all the candidates)
Rest of the courses
- For the rest of the courses, the application fee will be paid along with the tuition fee of 1st semester/ year.
Candidates, who have successfully submitted the application form and paid the fee are eligible to download their admit card.