IGNOU Admission 2022 (Started for Jan 2022 session): Candidates interested in pursuing UG, PG or Ph.D course from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) can fill an application form for the same either in online or offline mode. IGNOU 2022 admission form is available till 10th February 2022. Candidates are required to qualify an entrance test to get admission in the respective programmes such as B.Ed, MBA etc. However, for other courses such as- BA, MA, B.Sc, M.Sc, BCom, MCom etc, admission will be done on the basis merit in the qualifying exam. Qualifying mark is the mark secured by the candidates in the subjects in which they have received the highest education.
Latest: The application process for IGNOU admission 2022 (Jan 2022 session) has been commenced, the last date is
28th February 202215th March 2022.
IGNOU Admission 2022 Highlights
- Candidates can apply for admission in the courses offered by IGNOU both online and offline.
- They need to provide active mobile number and email id as IGNOU will communicate to the candidates through these mediums in the future.
- The application form must be submitted on time to avoid rejection by the authority or last-minute rush for that matter.
- The schedule of the entrance test or admission process can be checked from the official website.
- The details provided in the form must match the official records of the candidates. However, if any mistake is done in the form, candidates can change their details after the admission. These changes include the correction in name, address, course etc.
IGNOU 2022 Quick Information
|Admission||IGNOU Admission 2022|
|University||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Cycle||Started for January 2022 Session|
|Last Date to apply||15th March 2022|
|Courses you can apply for||Undergraduate: BA, BCOM,BSc, BBA etc.
Postgraduate: MA, MSc, MCom etc.
|Mode of application||Online and Offline|
|Basis of admission||Merit in the qualifying exam|
|Distance or Regular||Distance|
|Official Link to apply||https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/|
IGNOU 2022 Important dates
The tentative schedule for IGNOU admission 2022 is given below-
For IGNOU B.ED by NTA
|Application form availability||Jan 2022|
|Last date of form submission||Feb 2022|
|Admit card releasing||April 2022|
|Exam date||April 2022|
|Result announcement||May 2022|
For MBA (OPENMAT) by NTA
|Application form availability||Feb 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||June 2022|
|Admit card downloading||June 2022|
|Exam date||July 2022|
|Result declaration||July 2022|
|Beginning of application process||June 2022|
|Last date for form submission||July 2022|
|Admit card releasing||September 2022|
|Exam date||September 2022|
|Result announcement||October 2022|
|Commencement of counselling||January 2023|
IGNOU 2022 Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for IGNOU admission 2022 is mentioned below-
- MCA: Candidates should have done graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- MA/MCom/MSc: Any bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is required.
- BA/B.Com: Candidates should have completed class 12th from a recognized board.
- BSc: Applicants should have passed class 12th exam with science stream from a recognized board or its equivalent.
- BBA: A pass in class 12th from a recognized board is required
- BCA: Candidates should have passed class 12th from a recognized board or its equivalent to be eligible for this course.
- MBA: Candidates should have done graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
For course-wise eligibility you can refer IGNOU 2022 prospectus.
IGNOU 2022 Application Form
Candidates seeking admission in IGNOU 2022 can apply online or they can obtain the offline application form available at the regional centers nearby. The candidates can also choose to receive the application form cum prospectus through the post. To fill the online form, applicants are required to go to the official portal of the Open University i.e. onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission. The application form will ask for the following details which should be entered with extreme care- name, gender, religion, category, address, father’s name, educational details, mobile number to name a few.
For IGNOU admission 2022, applicants will also have to paste/upload their photograph and signature in the form. After filling the details and uploading the documents, candidates need to go for the application fee payment. It is mandatory for all the candidates to pay the required sum of application fee. The form must be submitted on or before the due date specified by the authority or else it will get rejected by the authority.
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 200 KB)
Steps to Register Online
Step 1: You need to visit the official website of IGNOU admission 2022 http://ignou.ac.in/.
Step 2: Click on Apply now (January 2022) and following page will appear.
Register online if you are a new use by clicking the link for New Registration or login to your account to check your application form, application status, or re-registration status. The last date for re-registration for IGNOU 2022 admission is 31st January 2022.
Registration Fee: Candidates will be required to pay a registration fee of Rs.200/-. This amount is non-refundable in nature. The amount can be paid using debit card. credit card, net banking and UPI.
IGNOU 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for entrance exam under IGNOU admission 2022 will typically vary according to the programme a candidate seeks to pursue. Here are some of the topics for candidates seeking admission in MBA programme offered by IGNOU-
- English language: Passage, antonym-synonym, fill in the blanks, one-word substitution, sentence rearrangement, sentence correction, Grammar, vocabulary, etc.
- General awareness: Current affairs, static general knowledge, banking terms, politics, geography, history, sports news and awards, etc.
- Quantitative aptitude: Simplification, average, problem on ages, percentage, ratio and proportion, data interpretation, profit and loss, simple interest, mixture and allegation etc.
- Reasoning: Syllogism, seating arrangement, blood relation, number series, alphabetical series, statement and conclusion, directions sense, etc.
IGNOU Entrance Exam 2022 Pattern
The exam pattern for IGNOU admission 2022 is provided below-
- Duration: 2 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for every correct response
- Language: Hindi and English
MBA Entrance Exam Pattern
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|General English comprehension||10||10|
|Logical and analytical reasoning||20||20|
|Education and GK||25||25|
|Teaching- learning and school||25||25|
IGNOU 2022 Admit card
- The admit card for the entrance exams conducted under IGNOU admission 2022 can be downloaded from the official website of IGNOU or from the concerned regional websites.
- Candidates must take a printout of the admit card and retain it safe till the admission process is complete.
- The admit card must be brought to the exam hall on the day of the exam along with a valid ID proof.
- Candidates not in possession of hall ticket and ID proof will not be allowed to take the test.
- The details printed on the admit card must be checked thoroughly and any inconsistencies must be reported immediately.
IGNOU 2022 Result
- IGNOU will announce the result of entrance exam on its official website i.e. ignou.ac.in.
- Candidates need to login into the website using their enrollment id and program code in order to check their result.
- The authority will prepare a merit list of the candidates based on their performance in the exam.
- Candidates shortlisted need to report to the concerned college to attend the introductory seminar.
- Those who have opted for the programme where no entrance is required will also need to attend the seminar on the decided date.
- IGNOU will inform the candidates about the schedule of the seminar separately.
IGNOU Admission 2022 Procedure
- The entire admission process for IGNOU includes filling of application form whether for entrance or admission based on marks secured in the qualifying exam, payment of the admission fee for the course, and counselling session/seminar.
- Candidates irrespective of the course they have applied for will be called to attend the seminar conducted by the regional centers in the corresponding college.
- They will get information on the rules and regulation, how can they get the ID card etc during the seminar conducted prior to the commencement of the classes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Is it compulsory to register online for IGNOU admission 2022 before submitting an admission form?
Answer: Yes, online registration is compulsory.
Question: What will be the mode of submitting IGNOU 2022 admission form?
Answer: You can submit your admission form in both online as well as offline mode.
Question: To whom do i need to contact after submitting my application form?
Answer: After you submit your admission form, IGNOU staff will review your application and if everything is in order and correct then you’ll get confirmation by email. You’ll also receive email in case of deficiency in your admission form.
Question: What is the last date for IGNOU re-registration for January 2022 session?
Answer: The last date is 15th March 2022.
Question: What are the courses available in IGNOU?
Aswer: There are many undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and certificate programmes available to apply. You can check here fill list of courses in IGNOU.