IGNOU Admission 2022: Candidates interested in pursuing UG, PG or Ph.D course from India Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) need to fill the application form for the same. IGNOU admission 2022 will be offered twice a year i.e. for July and December cycle. Candidates can apply for any one of the cycles as per their choice. For some courses such as B.Ed, MBA etc, IGNOU will conduct entrance test. Candidates need to qualify the entrance test to get admission in the respective programme. For other courses such as- BA, MA, B.Sc, M.Sc etc, admission will be done based on the qualifying marks of the candidates. Qualifying marks are the marks secured by the candidates in the subjects in which they have received the highest education.
IGNOU Admission 2022 Highlights
- Candidates can apply for admission in the courses offered by IGNOU both online and offline.
- They need to provide active mobile number and email id as IGNOU will communicate to the candidates through these mediums in the future.
- The application form must be submitted on time to avoid rejection by the authority or last-minute rush for that matter.
- The schedule of the entrance test or admission process can be checked from the official website.
- The details provided in the form must match the official records of the candidates. However, if any mistake is done in the form, candidates can change their details after the admission. These changes include the correction in name, address, course etc.
IGNOU 2022 Important dates
The tentative schedule for IGNOU admission 2022 is given below-
For B.ED by NTA
|Application form availability||Jan 2022|
|Last date of form submission||Feb 2022|
|Admit card releasing||April 2022|
|Exam date||April 2022|
|Result announcement||May 2022|
For MBA (OPENMAT) by NTA
|Application form availability||Feb 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||June 2022|
|Admit card downloading||June 2022|
|Exam date||July 2022|
|Result declaration||July 2022|
For post basic B.Sc nursing (OPENNET)
|Beginning of application process||June 2022|
|Last date for form submission||July 2022|
|Admit card releasing||September 2022|
|Exam date||September 2022|
|Result announcement||October 2022|
|Commencement of counselling||January 2023|
IGNOU Entrance Exam pattern 2022
The exam pattern for IGNOU admission 2022 is provided below-
- Duration: 2 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for every correct response
- Language: Hindi and English
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|General English comprehension||10||10|
|Logical and analytical reasoning||20||20|
|Education and GK||25||25|
|Teaching- learning and school||25||25|
The syllabus for entrance exam under IGNOU admission 2022 will typically vary according to the programme a candidate seeks to pursue. Here are some of the topics for candidates seeking admission in MBA programme offered by IGNOU-
- English language: Passage, antonym-synonym, fill in the blanks, one-word substitution, sentence rearrangement, sentence correction, Grammar, vocabulary, etc.
- General awareness: Current affairs, static general knowledge, banking terms, politics, geography, history, sports news and awards, etc.
- Quantitative aptitude: Simplification, average, problem on ages, percentage, ratio and proportion, data interpretation, profit and loss, simple interest, mixture and allegation etc.
- Reasoning: Syllogism, seating arrangement, blood relation, number series, alphabetical series, statement and conclusion, directions sense, etc.
IGNOU Application form 2022
Candidates seeking admission in IGNOU 2022 can apply online or they can obtain the offline application form available at the regional centers nearby. The candidates can also choose to secure the application form cum prospectus through the post. To fill the online form, applicants are required to go to the official portal of the Open University i.e. onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission. The application form will ask for the following details which should be entered with extreme care- name, gender, religion, category, address, father’s name, educational details, mobile number to name a few.
For IGNOU admission 2022, applicants will also have to paste/upload their photograph and signature in the form. After filling the details and uploading the documents, candidates need to go for the application fee payment. It is mandatory for all the candidates to pay the required sum of application fee. The form must be submitted on or before the due date specified by the authority or else it will get rejected by the authority.
Cost of the prospectus: Candidates can get the prospectus by paying Rs. 100/- in cash at the cash counter of the regional centers or Rs. 150/- through registered post.
IGNOU 2022 Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for IGNOU admission 2022 is mentioned below-
- MCA: Candidates should have done graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- MA: Any bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is required.
- BA/B.Com: Candidates should have completed class 12th from a recognized board.
- Sc: Applicants should have passed class 12th exam with science stream from a recognized board or its equivalent.
- BBA: A pass in class 12th from a recognized board is required
- BCA: Candidates should have passed class 12th from a recognized board or its equivalent to be eligible for this course.
- MBA: Candidates should have done graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The admit card for the entrance exams conducted under IGNOU admission 2022 can be downloaded from the official website of IGNOU or from the concerned regional websites.
- Candidates must take a printout of the admit card and retain it safe till the admission process is complete.
- The admit card must be brought to the exam hall on the day of the exam along with a valid ID proof.
- Candidates not in possession of hall ticket and ID proof will not be allowed to take the test.
- The details printed on the admit card must be checked thoroughly and any inconsistencies must be reported immediately.
- IGNOU will announce the result of entrance exam on its official website i.e. ignou.ac.in.
- Candidates need to login into the website using their enrollment id and program code in order to check their result.
- The authority will prepare a merit list of the candidates based on their performance in the exam.
- Candidates shortlisted need to report to the concerned college to attend the introductory seminar.
- Those who have opted for the programme where no entrance is required will also need to attend the seminar on the decided date.
- IGNOU will inform the candidates about the schedule of the seminar separately.
Admission process for IGNOU admission 2022
- The entire admission process for IGNOU includes filling of application form whether for entrance or admission based on marks secured in the qualifying exam, payment of the admission fee for the course, and counselling session/seminar.
- Candidates irrespective of the course they have applied for will be called to attend the seminar conducted by the regional centers in the corresponding college.
- They will get information on the rules and regulation, how can they get the ID card etc during the seminar conducted prior to the commencement of the classes.