Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will conduct the recruitment exam (CRP Clerks – IX) to select the candidates for clerical cadre posts in various participating banks. IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2021 will familiarize the candidates with the age limit, education qualification required for the exam. It is strongly recommended that the candidates should check the IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2021 very carefully before submitting the application form.
The candidature of an applicant will stand cancelled if found ineligible during any stage of the recruitment process. The application fee submitted will also be not refunded if the applicant is found ineligible.
The aspiring candidates should check some important highlights of IBPS clerk eligibility criteria as given below:
- The candidate must verify the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- It is important that the candidates have relevant documents supporting their eligibility. The documents will be verified during the later stages of the recruitment process.
- If a candidate is found ineligible during any stage of recruitment then his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- The participating banks may also have their additional eligibility criteria in order to offer employment.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility criteria 2021
The candidates have to fulfill the eligibility criteria given below in order to apply for IBPS Clerk 2021.
The candidates with the following nationalities can apply.
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal
- The Tibetan refugee who came to India with an intention of permanently settling here before 1st January 1962.
- An Indian origin person migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African Countries including Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic
- The age of an applicant should be between 20 years to 28 years as on 1st September 2020.
- Relaxation in upper age limit will be given to the candidates from reserved categories as given below:
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC (Non Creamy Layer): 3 years
- Persons with Disabilities: 10 years
- Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen: Actual period of service in defense forces + 3 years (8 years for disabled ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years.
- Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who haven’t remarried: 9 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots: 5 years
- Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only): 5
- The aspirant must possess a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The applicant must have a certificate/ diploma/ degree in computer operations/ languages.
- The candidates who have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in college/ Institute/ high school can also apply.
Proficiency in Local Language
- The candidate must know how to read, write and speak the official language of the state/ UT for which vacancies the candidate is looking to apply.
Other important points
- Ex-Servicemen who do not have above mentioned civil qualification should be matriculate having obtained the army special certificate of education or an equivalent certificate of Navy and Air force after completing at least 15 years of services in the Armed forces as on the given date in official notification.
- All the education of the candidates should be from a recognized board/institute/ university.