The Himachal Pradesh University organizes an entrance exam to select the candidates for admission into its MBA degree programme. This entrance test is followed by a group discussion and personal interview round. The Management Admission Test (MAT) is expected to be held in the month of May 2023 and the candidates can start applying for it from the month of April 2023 onwards. Filling and submission of the application form can be done only through online mode. Interested candidates can obtain the detailed information related to HPU MAT 2023 from this post below.
HPU MAT 2023
- Performance in the test, group discussion and personal interview along with application rating will be the criteria for admitting the students.
- Application form submitted after the last date is over will not be considered for further processing.
- The admit card of the entrance exam will also be required at the time of admission and therefore should be kept safe by the candidates.
- Other than online, no mode for application submission or admit card downloading will be provided by the authorities.
- Final admission will only be provided to the candidates whose documents are verified and are found to completely meet the eligibility requirements for admission.
HPU MAT 2023 Exam Dates
The tentative dates related to HPU MAT 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Online application form release date||April 2023, 1st week|
|Last date to submit the application form||May 2023, 1st week|
|Issue of admit card||May 2023, 2nd week|
|Date of entrance exam||May 2023, 4th week|
|Declaration of result||June 2023, 2nd week|
|Conduct of group discussion and interview for subsidized seats||July 2023, 2nd week|
|Declaration of result for subsidized seats||July 2023, 2nd week|
|Conduct of group discussion and interview for non-subsidized seats||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Final result declaration for non-subsidized seats||July 2023, 4th week|
HPU MAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to appear for HPU MAT exam 2023:
Age limit (as on 1st July 2023):
- The upper age limit for appearing in the admission test is 26 years for male candidates and 28 years for female candidates.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ ST category (both male and female), the maximum age should not exceed 29 years.
- Those with graduation in any discipline from a recognized university scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST candidates) can apply.
- Candidates who will be appearing in the final year exam in the year 2023 are also eligible to apply.
HPU MAT 2023 Application Form
The application form for HPU MAT 2023 will be released on the official university website www.hpubsshimla.org. Those who meet the basic eligibility requirements mentioned above can proceed with the filing and submitting of the application in online mode.
- Personal details related to the candidates such as name, category, gender, date of birth, email address, phone number, etc will be asked into the form.
- Candidates will also be required to provide the qualifying exam details such as university name, passing year, marks obtained, etc.
- Signature and photograph of the candidates need to be uploaded into the form in scanned format.
- Choice of city where the candidates wish to appear for the exam will also be asked in the application.
- The candidates can submit the application form duly filled with correct details along with the prescribed application fee.
- After submission, the candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form and keep it safe in case of any future correspondence.
- The application fee for HPU MAT exam is expected to be Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST candidates).
- Payment of application fee can be done through online mode using the facility of debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
HPU MAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Basic overview of HPU MAT exam pattern 2023 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Number of sections: 4
- Number of questions: 200
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
|Topics||No. of questions||Total marks|
|English Comprehension & Language||50||50|
|Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation||50||50|
|General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||50||50|
|General Knowledge & Business Awareness||50||50|
HPU MAT 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for HPU MAT 2023 exam has been provided below:
- English Comprehension & Language: Vocabulary, Grammar, Tenses, Subject-Verb Agreement, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Jumble, Prepositions, Parallelism, etc
- Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation: Number System, Algebra, Percentages & Averages, Ratio & Proportion, Time & Work, Profit & Loss, Time & Distance, etc
- General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning: Seating Arrangement, Puzzles, Visual Reasoning, Verbal & Non-verbal Series, Blood relations, Calendars, Coding-Decoding, Statement Conclusions, Graphs & Pie Charts, Critical Reasoning, Syllogisms, etc
- General Knowledge & Business Awareness: General Awareness, Awards & Honors, India & Neighboring Countries, Business Environment, etc
HPU MAT 2023 Admit Card
- Admit card for the successfully registered candidates will be released online on the official website www.admissions.hpushimla.in.
- Using their user id (registration number) and password (date of birth), the candidates will be able to download their admit card.
- After downloading, the candidates should take a printout of the admit card and carry it with them while reporting at the exam center.
- In the absence of a valid admit card, the candidates will not be allowed to take the exam under any circumstances.
- Multiple printouts of the admit card is advised to be taken to keep it safe from loss or damage.
HPU MAT 2023 Result
- The university will announce the HPU MAT entrance exam result on its official website.
- Candidates will be able to download their score card using their roll number or other detail as required.
- On the basis of their performance in the entrance exam, the candidates will be shortlisted for GD and PI.
- Final result will be announced as per the combined performance of the candidates in the test, GD and PI.
HPU MAT 2023 Admission Process
- After clearing all the rounds involved in the selection process, the candidates will be considered for the admissions.
- Before that, the candidates will have to get their eligibility and original documents verified.
- Once the verification is done successfully, seats will be allotted to the candidates and they will be asked to complete the formalities of admission.
- Those who fail to acquire admission within the given time frame will be considered as disqualified.
Frequently Asked Question
- Do I need to send any documents to the university during application process?
No, there is no need to send any kind of document at the time of application submission. Candidates shortlisted for admission will only be required to submit their documents for verification at a later stage.
- What if I lost my admit card? Is there any way the university will send it to me?
Under any condition, the university will not send the admit card to the candidates. In order to keep it safe from loss or damage, the candidates are suggested to keep multiple printouts of the admit card.
- If I don’t wish to appear for the MAT after submission of my application form, can I get a refund on my application fee?
No. The application fee once submitted by the candidates will neither be refunded nor be transferred under any circumstances.