The Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla will conduct a state-level entrance exam to select the candidates for admission into its B.Sc Nursing course. The duration of the course will be 4 years and only female applicants of HP state are eligible to apply. Online applications forms are expected to release in May 2023 and entrance exam will be held in July 2023. Admission into different private and government colleges will be given strictly on the basis of merit of the candidates in the entrance test. Candidates can find the complete details of the HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 admission process from this article.
HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023
- Only female candidates can apply for HPU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023.
- No candidate will be allowed to sit in the test without a valid admit card. The candidate may note that admit cards will not be sent by post.
- Admission to married candidates will be allowed subject to production of medical fitness certificate.
- Applicants should carefully select the correct programme, i.e. B.Sc Nursing, to obtain the specific application form.
- There is no need to send printout of confirmation page of online application to the University.
- For any correspondence with the university, the candidate must quote the application form number, roll number, name, father’s name and complete address.
- No representation regarding any correction in the answer key will be entertained after the last date is over under any circumstances.
- Marks of the qualified candidates will be published online and no detail marks cards will be sent to the candidates.
HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Schedule
The table below consists of the tentative dates related to HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023:
|Online application form filling date||May 2023, 4th week|
|Last date to fill & submit the application form||June 2023, 3rd week|
|Uploading of admit card on university’s website||June 2023, 4th week|
|Entrance exam date||July 2023, 2nd week|
|Release of answer key and receiving of objections||July 2023, 2nd week|
|Last date to receive objections on answer key||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Declaration of result||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Display of merit list||July 2023, 4th week|
|First round of counseling||July 2023|
|Date for joining the allotted college||August 2023|
|Second round of counseling for filling up vacant seats||August 2023|
|Date for joining the allotted college||August 2023|
|Commencement of academic session||October 2023|
|Last date up to which the candidates can be admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason||October 2023|
HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be ensured by the candidates before applying for HPU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023:
- The candidates of Indian nationality are considered eligible.
- Candidate should be children of Bonafide Himachali/ Domicile/ Himachal Govt. employees and employees of Autonomous bodies wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh Government.
- Only female candidates are eligible for admission to nursing course.
- Age of the candidates should be between 17 to 35 years as on 31st December 2023.
- Upper age is relaxable by 5 years in the case of SC/ ST candidates, i.e., maximum age limit is 40 years.
- The candidates should have passed class 12th exam of any recognized board or any other equivalent exam.
- Candidates must have obtained 45% marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% in case of SC/ ST candidates).
- Pass in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually is also required.
- Those who are likely to appear, or who have appeared for qualifying exam but whose results have not been declared are eligible too.
- The candidate should be medically fit.
HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Application Form
The candidates can obtain the application form for HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 from the official websites www.hpuniv.nic.in or www.admissions.hpushimla.in. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria for the programme can proceed towards the application process.
- To fill the application form, the candidates should keep ready scanned copy of their photograph and signature.
- A valid email id and phone number is mandatory for application submission and can be used for future correspondences.
- Enter all the details, personal, academic, contact, etc into the application very carefully.
- Once the information is entered, the application form can be submitted with the required application fee.
- Application fee payment can be done online using debit card, credit card or net banking.
- After final submission of form and fee, confirmation page will be generated. A copy of this page should be kept safe by the candidates.
The category-wise application fee for HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 entrance exam is given below:
|For General/ OBC & their sub-categories||Rs. 1400/-|
|For Antyodaya/ IRDP categories||Rs. 700/-|
|For SC/ ST & their sub-categories||Rs. 700/-|
Correction of application form
- For any kind of correction in the online application form, the candidate may send her written request for the same.
- The request should be submitted to the Assistant Registrar (Entrance Tests) H.P. University, Shimla along with requisite correction fee of Rs.100/-.
- Submission of correction fee can be done via IPO/ Bank Draft drawn in favor of the Finance Officer, HPU.
- Request must be submitted before the last date of submission of the application form.
HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 entrance test is provided here:
- Exam mode: Offline
- Medium of test: English
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Marking scheme: One mark for every right answer
- Negative marking: No negative marking
- Total marks: 100
|Topics||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||10||10|
HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Admit Card
- The University will provide the facility to download the admit card on its official website www.hpuniv.nic.in and www.admissions.hpushimla.in.
- Candidates are required to download the admit card by providing their application number, date of birth, etc as required.
- Roll number, name, father’s name, category and photograph of candidate and date, time, venue of entrance test will be mentioned on the admit card.
- The candidate should carefully examine the entries of the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, should immediately inform the university.
- The candidates are advised to preserve their admit card till the admission process is over.
HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Answer Key
- The examiners will release the answer key of the entrance test few weeks before the declaration of result.
- Candidates not satisfied with the answer key can submit their grievances with appropriate documentary proof.
- Request should be submitted to the Deputy Registrar (Secrecy) H.P. University, Shimla-171005 in person or through fax.
- Final answer key will be drawn considering the changes, if any, and the result will be declared according to the final answer key.
HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Result
- The result of all the candidates appeared in the entrance test will be declared on the official website of the university.
- Overall and category-wise merit list of all the qualified candidates will be prepared and uploaded on website.
- The list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance test.
- Admission will be offered to the candidates on the basis of their rank assigned in the merit list.
HPU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Counseling
- Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will have to attend the counseling process.
- Counseling will be conducted in the HP University Auditorium, Shimla-171005 for which the candidates must appear physically.
- Reporting candidates must bring with them counseling-cum-admission form along with self-attested photocopies of all the important documents
- The candidates will also have to submit a prescribed amount of counseling fee.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of availability of seat and merit of the candidates.
Documents to be carried during counseling
The candidates reporting for counseling should carry the following documents along with them:
- Entrance test admit card
- Print out of the online application form
- Matriculation or equivalent exam certificate
- Class 12th or equivalent exam marks sheet and passing certificate
- Equivalence certificate issued by the HP Board of School Education in the case the candidate has passed class 12th from board other than HP Board/ CBSE/ ICSE
- Character certificate from the Principal of the school/ institution last attended
- Certificate from the Tahsildar/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate of the area concerned in case candidate has a gap of one year or above
- Relevant certificate for Children of Bonafide Himachali issued by the competent authority
- Relevant certificate for Children of HP Government Employees/ Employees of Autonomous Bodies wholly or partially financed by the HP Government
- Category certificate issued by the competent authority for reserved category candidates
- A Bank Draft or IPO of Rs. 100/- drawn in favor of the Finance Officer, HP University, Shimla as counseling fee