The Himachal Pradesh University will select the candidates for B.Ed admission on the basis of HPU B.Ed 2022 entrance test. The candidates who will clear this exam will get enrollment to B.Ed. program in various government and private institutes in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Aspiring candidates can apply for this exam in online mode. However, they should make sure that they satisfy all the conditions and eligibility criteria for admission. The application process for HPU B.Ed. 2022 is going to begin most probably from June 2022. The complete details about HPU B.Ed Admission 2022 are provided in this post.
HPU B.Ed. 2022 Main Highlights
- 85% of the total seats available for admission are reserved for the candidates who are bonafide/ domicile of Himachal Pradesh.
- Please ensure that you are eligible before submitting the application form. Admissions of ineligible candidates will be cancelled without any notice.
- There is no need to send the printout of an application form to the university. You just need to keep it safe for future reference.
- The exam will be held in offline mode using OMR Sheets. Candidates must carry a blue/black ball pen of good quality at the time of exam.
- The exam is likely to place at around 15 examination centers across the state of Himachal Pradesh.
HPU B.Ed. 2022 Important Dates
Interested candidates can check the official schedule of HPU B.Ed. Admission 2022 as given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Issuance of application form in online mode||June 2022|
|Last date for the submission of application form||July 2022|
|Date of uploading of the admit card||Oct 2022|
|Date of Entrance exam||Oct 2022|
|Declaration of result||Nov 2022|
|Release of merit list||Nov 2022|
|Availability of counselling schedule||Nov 2022|
|End of counselling process||Dec 2022|
|Starting of academic session||Dec 2022|
HPU B.Ed. 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The aspirant should check the following eligibility criteria and must ensure that they fulfill the same before submitting an application form.
- A candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree (Medical/ Non-medical/ Commerce/ Arts) or a Master’s degree (Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanities/Commerce) with at least 50% marks.
- Aspirants with B.Tech/ B.E degree and at least 55% marks are also eligible.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically handicapped candidates will get a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying exam marks.
- Candidates waiting for the result of a qualifying exam can also apply. However, they have to provide the documents of clearing the exam at the time of admission.
HPU B.Ed. 2022 Application form
Candidates who are meeting all the eligibility criteria can fill and submit HPU B.Ed Application form 2022 in online mode. Here are the instructions that can help the candidates submit an application form with ease.
- To initiate the application process, the candidates have to register by entering their phone number, email address and some other basic details.
- After registration, the main application form can be accessed by the candidates.
- The aspirants have to enter their personal, educational and contact details in an accurate manner.
- Make sure you enter genuine details only because the documents are going to be verified later.
- Applicants also need to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature in the application form.
- Please note that the photograph and signature should be in JPG/ JPEG format only.
- Once all the details are entered in the application form, the candidates have to pay the application fee in online mode.
- Make sure you take a printout of the submitted application form and fee payment receipt for the future requirements.
- The candidates have to pay the necessary fees in order to complete the application process. The fees applicable for different categories are as follow.
- General/ OBC candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- Antodaya/ IRDP categories: Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST candidates: Rs. 500/-
HPU B.Ed. 2022 Admit Card
- The facility of downloading the admit card will be available on the official website of the university.
- To download the admit card, a candidate has to provide his/ her registration number.
- The details related to the exam including examination center venue, schedule of the exam, etc. will be mentioned on the admit card.
- In case of a discrepancy with the admit card, a candidate should immediately contact the university along with a requisite fee of Rs. 100/-.
- No candidate will be allowed to sit for the examination without an admit card.
- It is advised that a candidate should keep the admit card safe till his/ her B.Ed course gets completed.
HPU B.Ed. 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates looking to appear for the HPU B.Ed entrance exam should check the exam pattern given below.
- Mode of Examination: Offline (Using OMR sheets)
- Exam duration: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 150
- Type of questions: Objective type MCQ
- Maximum Marks: 150
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: Not applicable
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Awareness (Mainly H.P & India)||30||30|
|Language & Comprehension (Hindi & English)||40||40|
|Knowledge of National Commission & Committees of Education||20||20|
|Teaching Aptitude & Attitude||40||40|
HPU B.Ed. 2022 Examination Centers (Expected)
The university is likely to organize the entrance exam in the following cities.
- Amb (Una)
- Sunder Nagar
HPU B.Ed. 2022 Result and merit list
- Before the result declaration, the university will provide answer keys on its official website.
- After answer keys, the result of all the candidates appeared for the exam will be uploaded online.
- Candidates will be able to check the same by entering their roll number/ registration number.
- There is no provision for rechecking or re-evaluation of answer sheets.
- The university will also release the category-wise combined merit list of the candidates shortlisted for admission.
- In case of a tie, candidates with more marks in Teaching Aptitude and Attitude will get a better merit position.
HPU B.Ed. 2022 Counselling
- After the release of merit list, “Chairperson, Department of Education, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla-5” will publish a separate notification for counselling.
- Authorities will call the candidates for counselling based on their ranks in the merit list.
- In the counselling process, the aspirants will get an opportunity to provide the choice of college from which they want to pursue B.Ed Course.
- The allotment of seats will be solely based on the ranks of candidates and choice filled by them.
- Documents of the candidates will also be verified at the time of counselling.