Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board shoulders the responsibility of conducting the HP PAT 2021 exam. This entrance exam is organized with an aim of screening the candidates for admission to various diploma courses running in polytechnic colleges of Himachal Pradesh. Aspiring candidates who are looking for admission to diploma courses through this exam may submit the online application form. The eligibility criteria are different for the various courses. So, the candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria carefully before submitting the form. All the important details regarding HP PAT are available in this post.
HP PAT 2021 Main Highlights
- Reservation benefits will be given to the bonafide candidates from Himachal Pradesh only.
- It is an offline i.e. OMR sheet based exam in which the candidate has to answer 150 questions in 3 hours.
- Multiple rounds of admission counselling will take place after the result declaration depending on the availability of seats.
- The documents of the candidates will be verified in the respective polytechnics after the declaration of result.
- There is no provision for re-checking or re-evaluation of the OMR sheets.
HP PAT 2021 Important Dates
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||1st week of April 2021|
|Last date to download bank challan for fee payment||1st week of May 2021|
|Last date to submit application form and fee||2nd week of May 2021|
|Date of Examination||Last week of May 2021|
|Declaration of result||1st week of June 2021|
|Counselling for Admission||2nd week of June 2021|
|Beginning of the classes||July 2021|
HP PAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidates must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- Aspirants must have cleared the class 10th or an equivalent exam with at least 35% marks from a recognized board of education.
- Those candidates who want to apply for direct admission (only if seat remains vacant after HP PAT counselling) should have passed the class 10th exam with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved category applicants)
HP PAT Application Form 2021
The application form for HP PAT 2021 will release in online mode through the official website of the board i.e. hptechboard.com.
- In the application form, the candidates have to provide their complete educational qualification, contact, and personal details.
- Please enter authentic details in the application form because an incorrect application form may get rejected.
- After entering the details, the candidates need to upload the scanned images of their latest coloured passport size photograph and signature.
- The size of the scanned images must not exceed 100 kb. Plus, the photograph should have a light background.
- Once the images are uploaded, the candidates may submit the application form along with the application fee.
- Keep a copy of the submitted application form and fee receipt for future references.
The application fees for HP PAT 2021 are as follows.
- General Category: Rs. 650/-
- SC/ ST/ OBC Categories: Rs. 400/-
Mode of payment
- The candidates can pay application fees online using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Another mode of payment is depositing a bank challan at the State bank of India. Candidates will find the link to download bank challan from the official website.
HP PAT Exam Pattern 2021
The pattern of HP PAT 2021 exam is explained below.
- Mode of Examination: Offline (Pen and Paper-based exam)
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ
- Number of Questions: 150
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks
- Negative Marking: 1 mark for every incorrect answer
- Maximum Marks: 600
- Language of questions: English and Hindi
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||150 questions||600 marks|
HP PAT 2021 Syllabus
The subject-wise brief syllabus for HP PAT 2021 exam is as follows.
- English: Active & passive, avoiding repetition, comparisons, conditionals, modal-expressing attitude, preposition, relatives, reporter speech, dialogue completion, fill in the blanks with suitable words, etc.
- Physics: Light, Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Electric current, sources of energy and environment, etc.
- Chemistry: Structure of atom, chemical reactions & equations, acids, bases & salts, metal & non-metal, carbon and its compounds, periodic classification of elements, etc.
- Mathematics: Real numbers, polynomials, pair of linear equations in two variables, quadratic equations, arithmetic progression, triangles, coordinate geometry, trigonometry, circles, constructions, area related to circles, surface area and volumes, statistics, probability, etc.
- Aspirants who will submit the application form before the last date will get the facility to download admit card from the official website.
- An admit card comprises the candidate’s name, roll number, photograph, signature, address, address of your test centre, test schedule and set of instructions related to the exam.
- No candidate will get permission to sit in the examination hall without an admit card.
- Aspirants may also get information about their admit card through email. For this purpose, they need to send an email to [email protected]
HP PAT Result 2021
- The result will be updated on H.P. Takniki Shiksha Board’s website i.e. www.hptechboard.com most probably in the month of June 2021.
- A result card will not be sent by post, all the candidates need to download it from the website.
- Based on the marks secured by the aspirants, a merit list will also be prepared and uploaded on the website.
- The candidate will be invited for the counselling based on the merit list.
HP PAT Counselling 2021
- Successful candidates getting their names in the merit list will be allowed to take part in the counselling process.
- The complete schedule of the counselling will be updated after the result declaration.
- Please note that the counselling will take place in online mode.
- During the counselling, the candidates have to choose their diploma course and college as per their preference.
- Seats will be allotted based on the aspirant’s marks.
- To get the documents verified and confirm the admission, the candidates have to visit the allotted college.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: I don’t have an Internet facility at home. How can I apply for the exam?
Answer: You may take help from the facilitation centers created in government polytechnics & ITIs
Question – 2: will I receive the hard copy of the admit card by post?
Answer: No, admit cards will be made available in online mode only.
Question – 3: Can I get the refund of my application fees if my application form gets rejected?
Answer: No, the application fee is not refunded in case of an application form rejection.