How to Apply for JEE Main 2021- Step by Step Instructions to Apply
The National Test Agency will release the application form for JEE Main in the first week of September 2020. The JEE Main is the most prestigious engineering entrance exam which will offer the admissions to some of the top-ranked engineering colleges like NITs, IITs etc. The candidates aspiring to appear for this exam can apply before the last date i.e. September 2020 last week. The mode of application is online through the official website.
The candidates should have all the educational documents and scanned copies of photograph and signature ready before applying. In this Post, we are illustrating the step by step method to fill and submit the JEE Main application form.
How to apply for JEE Main?
The application form for JEE Main 2021 will be available only in online mode through the official website. The authorities will not accept any other mode of application form submission. The complete application process can be categorized into the following steps:
- Step 1: Registration and Filling application form.
- Step 2: Uploading Images.
- Step 3: Submitting application fees
- Step 4: Downloading and printing confirmation page.
Step by Step Instructions to submit JEE Main exam
The step by step JEE main application process is as follows:
Step 1: Registration and Filling application Form
Visiting the official website
- In order to register yourself, you have to visit the official website i.e. www.jeemain.nic.in.
- At the home page you need to click on the “Fill Application Form” link as shown in the image below:
- Now you need to click on the “Apply for JEE (Main) – 2021” link under “New Candidate Registration”.
- After clicking the “Apply for JEE (Main) – 2021” link you need to read all the instructions and tick the checkbox next to the “I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions”.
- Click on “Proceed to Apply online”.
Also Read about
Filling the Authentication form
- Now, you need to fill the details in the authentication form.
- In the authentication form, you need to fill the following details about your ID proof:
- State of Eligibility
- ID proof type (Aadhar number, student id, passport, ration card, voter id, bank account number etc.)
- Your Name, Date birth and Gender.
- Enter the captcha/security pin and click on submit after entering the details.
Filling Details in the Application form
After submitting the Authentication form, you will have access to the main application form. Here, you need to provide the following details.
Exam Related Details: Exam for which you are applying, four choices of exam centers, medium of question paper (Hindi, English and Gujarati).
Address Details: you need to provide details regarding your complete address including email id and phone number.
Personal Details: Father’s name, Mother’s name, Category (General/ SC/ST/ OBC etc)
Educational Details: Year of passing class 10th and 12th, Institute from where you have passed class 12th, Address of the school etc.
Details about your Guardians: Here, you need to fill the details about your Guardian’s educational qualification, occupation, and annual income.
Choose a password: After entering the guardian’s details, you need to select the password and security questions. Please note that you should choose a password is such a way that you can remember it easily.
- After submitting the details, you will be able to check the review page.
- Here, you can check the details you have entered and edit them in case of any mistake.
- Click on Submit button after checking all the details.
Step – 2: Uploading the Images
After entering the details, you need to upload the scanned copies of passport size photograph and signature in a prescribed format.
Instructions for uploading photograph.
- The photograph should have the name of candidate and date of taking the photograph mentioned on it.
- The photograph should have a light background and the face of the candidate should be clearly visible.
- The format of the scanned images should either be jpg or jpeg.
- The ideal size of photograph is 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (width x height)
- The size of the file should be between 10Kb to 100 Kb.
- The candidate should not be wearing cap or goggles in the photograph. However, spectacles are allowed.
- Polaroid photos are not accepted.
- The photograph should be clear without any blurr.
Instruction for uploading signature
- The signature should be done on white paper in running hand with dimension 3.5 cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height).
- The format of the file should be Jpg or Jpeg.
- The size of the saved file should be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
After uploading the images you should proceed for the payment of application fee.
- In order to pay the application fee, the candidates need to click on the “Pay the examination Fee” link.
- Then click on “Go for payment”.
- Select the method of payment i.e. credit card, debit card, net banking and pay the application fee.
Step 4: Downloading and printing confirmation page
- After submitting the application fee, you need to click on the “click here to go home” link.
- Now, you will be able to download your confirmation page.
- You should take a print out of the confirmation page for future reference.
- A sample of confirmation page is given below:
Important Points to remember while applying for the JEE Main 2021
- Please remember that the date of taking the photograph should be mentioned on the photograph not the date of birth.
- There is no requirement to send the printout of the confirmation page to the NTA.
- If you are looking to pay the application fee via bank challan then you can generate the confirmation page by logging in to your account.
- If the confirmation page is not generated even after the payment of application fee then your transaction is cancelled and your amount will be refunded in your bank account within a week. In such cases, you should make another transaction and generate the confirmation page.
- The candidates should keep at least six copies of photograph identical to one that uploaded for the future reference.