Homi Bhabha National Institute is considered one of the top universities for science studies in India. The institute has 11 constituent colleges located in different parts of the country. The institute offered various courses in the field of Engineering and Medical Science. Those interested candidates who want to apply for the Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2022 need to submit the application form before the last date. The application form will release in offline mode only. In this post, we are going to provide all the important details related to the Homi Bhabha National Institute admission 2022.
The list of 11 constituent institutions under the Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2022 is given below.
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Kolkata
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
- Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar
- The Institute Of Physics (IoP), Bhubaneswar
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
- Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
- National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar
The Homi Bhabha National Institute offers a large number of courses in various fields. Given below is the list of courses that the institute offers.
|PG Diploma||Radiation Medicine, Medical radio Isotope technique, Radiological Physics|
|M.Tech||Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering|
|M.D.||Pathology, Anesthesia, Radio-diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Immune Hematology & Transfusion Medicine, Palliative Medicine|
|D.M.||Medical Oncology, Pediatric Oncology, Gastroenterology, Critical Care|
|Master of Chirurgiae (M.Ch.)||Surgical Oncology, Gynecological Oncology, Head & Neck Oncology|
|M.Phil||Life Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science|
|Ph.D./ Ph.D. (Integrated)||Engineering Science|
The tentative dates for Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2022 are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Releasing of the official notification||2nd week of April 2022|
|Availability of the application form||3rd week of April 2022|
|Last date for application form submission||2nd week of May 2022|
|Publication of the admit card||3rd week of May 2022|
|Date of entrance exam||1st week of July 2022|
|Announcement of result||August 2022|
Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before submitting the application form. Please note that the eligibility criteria are different for the various courses. Given below are the eligibility norms of some of the courses.
For admission to M.Sc. (Nursing/ Engineering)
- The candidate must have completed B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
M.Tech (Computer Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Chemical Engineering)
- Candidates should have done B.E/ B.Tech/B.Sc in the relevant discipline from a recognized university with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
M.Phil (Chemical Science/ Life Science/ Mathematical Science)
- The aspirants must have completed M.Sc. from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Ph.D. (Mathematics/ Chemical Science)
- Candidates should have completed M.Sc./ M.Pharma./ M.V.Sc./ MBBS from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
Ph.D. (Integrated) (Engineering Science)
- The candidates must have done B.Tech/ B.E in relevant discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks.
Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2022 Application Form
The application form of Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2022 will release in offline mode only. Please note that the institute will not avail the facility to submit the application form in online mode. Go through the instructions given below in order to apply for the admission process in a much easier manner.
- To begin the application process, candidates need to visit the official website of the institute.
- On the official website, aspirants have to find and click on the official link to download the application form.
- After downloading the application form, candidates are required to fill their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- The details should be entered in the application form in neat and clean handwriting.
- It is important to enter the details accurately because incorrect or fabricated details in the application form may result in rejection of the application form.
- Along with the details, aspirants must also affix their photograph on the application form.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee in the form of a DD in order to apply for the admission.
- Additionally, candidates also need to attach the following documents with the application form.
- Copy of class 10th mark sheet as DOB proof
- Copy of class 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Copy of bachelor’s degree and mark sheet
- Copy of master’s degree, mark sheet and Research proposal (for research program).
- The duly filled application form must be submitted at the following address before the last date.
Administrative officer- III
HBNI Training School Complex
Anushaktinagar, Mumbai- 400094
- The application fee for Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2022 is Rs. 5000/-
- Please note that the application fee is the same for all the candidates.
Mode of payment: The application fee should be paid offline through a bank draft. The demand draft should be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, HBNI payable at Mumbai”.
The selection process followed by the authorities for granting the Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2022 is different for various courses as given below.
- PG Diploma (Radiation Medicine/ Medical radio Isotope technique/ Radiological Physics)
- The admission will be provided based on the entrance exam to be conducted by the institute.
- M.Tech (Chemical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Computer Engineering), M.Sc. (Engineering/ Nursing)
- The institute will conduct an entrance exam in order to select the candidates.
- M.D (Pathology, Anesthesia, Radio-diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Immune Hematology & Transfusion Medicine, Palliative Medicine)
- A written test will be conducted by the institute. The admission will be granted through the standard admission process approved by the academic council.
- DM and M.Ch (Master of Chirurgiae)
- An entrance test will be organized by the institute in order to grant admission into these courses.
- M.Phil (Life Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science)
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the written test and personal interview.
- Ph.D. (Chemical Science/ Mathematics), Integrated Ph.D. (Engineering Science)
- First, the institute will conduct an entrance test. Those who will clear the entrance test need to clear the interview.
Homi Bhabha National Institute Entrance Exam 2022 Admit Card
- The institute will release the admit card only for those candidates who will fill and submit the application form before the last date.
- Please note that all the candidates need to download admit cards online through the official website only.
- An admit card comprises information such as date, time, and venue of the examination.
- It is the duty of the candidate to carry a hard copy of the admit card at the examination center.
- Authorities will not allow any candidate to take the examination without having an admit card.
- It is recommended to keep the admit card safe even after the examination for future requirements.
Result and Merit list
- After conducting the exam, the institute will declare the result in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check their result by entering their roll numbers on the official website.
- The information about the section-wise and total marks secured by the candidates in the entrance exam will be available in the result card.
- Apart from the result, the institute will also release the merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2022 Counselling and Admission
- Those successful candidates who will clear the entrance test and personal interview will be invited to participate in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, all the formalities of the admission will take place.
- The institute will also verify the documents of the candidates at the time of the counselling. So, all the candidates must carry their original documents while reporting for the counselling.
- The admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and payment of fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I get admission to any course based on my qualifying exam result only?
Answer: No, the institute will conduct entrance tests for all the courses.
Question – 2: In which mode the entrance exam for Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2022 will take place?
Answer: The entrance exam will be held in offline mode only (Pen and Paper based mode).
Question – 3: What is the minimum duration for the PG Diploma course at Homi Bhabha National Institute?
Answer: The minimum duration of the course is 2 years which can be extended up to 4 years.
Question – 4: Can I apply for the Homi Bhabha National Institute Admission 2022 in online mode?
Answer: No, the authorities will release the application forms for admission in offline mode only. Those who want to apply need to download the application form from the official website and send the duly filled application form to the following address.
Administrative officer- III
HBNI Training School Complex
Anushaktinagar, Mumbai- 400094
Question – 5: What documents do I need to submit along with the application form?
Answer: The duly filled application form must be submitted along with the following documents.
- Proof of date-of-birth
- Mark sheets and degree
- Research Proposal (only for research courses)
- The application fee is Rs. 5000/- which has to be paid through Demand Draft.
- The DD has to be issued in favor of Accounts Officer, HBNI payable at Mumbai.