The procedure for the Himachal Pradesh M.Tech Admission 2023 shall start from the month of June 2023. The admissions to the M.Tech courses shall be carried out on the basis of GATE scores. All the GATE qualified candidates must fill the application form for the M.Tech admissions. The selections for the Non-GATE candidates shall be made through a separate entrance exam known as HPCET. Admissions to the such candidates will be given on the basis of HPCET only. Read more details regarding the Himachal Pradesh M.Tech Admission 2023 below.
Himachal Pradesh M.Tech Admission 2023 Schedule
|Online application starts from
|February 2023 (4th week)
|Last date of online application
|May 2023 (1st week)
|Date of exam (HPCET)
|June 2023 (1st week)
|Date of result
|June 2023(2nd week)
|Date of counselling for GATE candidates
|July 2023 (3rd week)
|Date of counselling for HPCET candidates
|July 2023 (4th week)
Himachal Pradesh M.Tech 2023 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria refer to some rules and conditions which are set by the conducting authorities of the exam. Since only the eligible candidates shall be allowed to participate in this exam, they shall be verified for their eligibility by the means of these rules only. If the candidates do not satisfy these rules, then they shall not be allowed to take part in the exam or shall be exempted from taking the exam. The eligibility criteria for the Himachal Pradesh M.Tech Admission 2021 are given below.
- The candidate must be GATE qualified and hold a valid GATE score.
- The non-GATE candidates must have passed the HPCET exam.
- The candidate must hold a B.Tech./B.E. degree from a recognized university with a minimum percentage of 50% (45% for reserved category candidates).
- The candidates must have passed their 12th class qualifying exam from the state of Himachal Pradesh. However, 15% seats are available for the candidates outside of Himachal Pradesh.
Himachal Pradesh M.Tech 2023 Application Form
All the candidates who aspire to pursue the M.Tech. course must fill and submit the application form for the Himachal Pradesh M.Tech Admission 2023. For the HPCET exam, the candidates can apply for the M.Tech Admissions online. The link at which the application forms shall be filled will be updated here later. Till then, the candidates can read the instructions given below to apply for the exam.
- The candidates must begin by registering themselves by entering their email id and mobile number on the official exam portal.
- The candidates shall then receive an application number which would be unique along with a password. Using these credentials, the candidates must login to the official site.
- After that, they must fill the application form with all the required details such as personal information, educational qualification details, etc.
- Then, they must upload the scanned copies of the documents as required for the exam.
- After that, the candidates shall be required to pay the application fee by the means of challan payment through any of the PNB banks.
- After 24 hours of the payment, the candidates must login to their account and update the transaction id from their e-receipt and then SUBMIT the application form.
- Then, the printout of the application form in the complete state must be taken. This along with the copy of challan and e-receipt must be sent to the address given below:
Hamirpur 177 001 (H.P.)
- For GATE qualified candidates: Rs.1200 (General)
- For HPCET candidates: Rs.1250 (General)
Himachal Pradesh M.Tech 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the exam held for the M.Tech Admission 2023 at Himachal Pradesh has been explained here. It basically depicts the internal description of the exam paper and its constituent points. These things may include the type of questions asked or the marking scheme adopted. For the candidates who shall be participating in this test, they must know about the exam pattern for the same. Attempting or preparing for the exam without the knowledge of the exam pattern seems to be void and useless. It is only by the means of the exam pattern knowledge that the candidate and attempt the exam successfully.
In the paper set for the Himachal Pradesh M.Tech Admission 2023, the questions asked shall be of the undergraduate level. The type of questions asked will be objective type questions only.
Himachal Pradesh M.Tech 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for the M.Tech exam will be released a few days before the exam in the month of May-June 2023. For all the candidates who will be appearing for the Himachal Pradesh M.Tech Admission 2023 exams, they need to carry the admit card to the exam hall. Without the admit card, they shall not be allowed to appear for the exam. The admit card must be downloaded from the official exam portal and must be printed.
Himachal Pradesh M.Tech 2023 Cut Off
The cut-off score for the Himachal Pradesh M.Tech Admission 2023 exams will be released along with the result of the exam. It shall be released in the month of June 2023. The cut-off score is nothing but a definite minimum score value which is set by the conducting authorities of the exam. The candidates who shall obtain marks greater or equal than this cut-off score shall be called as qualified and eligible for the M.Tech. Admission at Himachal Pradesh.
Himachal Pradesh M.Tech 2023 Result
The result for the Himachal Pradesh M.Tech Admission 2023 shall be released by the month of June 2023. The candidates shall be able to check the result on the official website of the exam. Through the result, the candidates shall be selected for the counselling rounds. On the basis of counselling results, the selections shall be finalized.