The Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board will organize the admission process for selecting candidates for admission to different ITI colleges of the state. Interested candidates who also meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the admission process through online mode. The application form will be tentatively released in the month of June 2023. Candidates will be selected for the admissions on the basis of their qualifying exam merit. This article provides complete details regarding the Himachal Pradesh ITI admission 2023 process.
Himachal Pradesh ITI 2023 Important Dates
Check below the important dates (tentative) related to Himachal Pradesh ITI admission 2023 in the table below:
|Release of online application form||June 2023, 1st week|
|Last date for application form submission||June 2023, last week|
|Publication of merit list||July 2023, 1st week|
|Commencement of counseling session (first round)||July 2023, 1st week|
|Reporting to the allotted institute to secure admission||July 2023, 2nd week|
|Commencement of counseling session (second round)||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Reporting to the allotted institute to secure admission||July 2023, 4th week|
|Commencement of counseling session (third round)||August 2023, 1st week|
|Reporting to the allotted institute to secure admission||August 2023, 2nd week|
|Last date to secure admission||September 2023, 1st week|
Eligibility Criteria for HP ITI Admission 2023
The basic eligibility criteria to appear for Himachal Pradesh ITI admission process are given below:
|Non-engineering trades||Driver Cum Mechanic (LMV)||1 semester||A pass in class 10th exam is required.|
|Basic Cosmetology||1 year||Applicants should have cleared class 10th exam with Science and Mathematics.|
|Sewing Technology, Health Sanitary Inspector, Fashion Design Technology, Desk Top Publishing Operator, Computer Aided Embroidery & Designing, House Keeper, Surface Ornamentation Techniques (Embroidery), Computer Operator & Programming Assistant, Digital Photographer, Secretarial Practice (English), Stenography & Secretarial Assistant (English)||1 year||Those who have cleared their class 10th exam or equivalent are eligible to apply.|
|Stenography & Secretarial Assistant (Hindi) & Dress Making||1 year||Candidates need to clear their class 10th exam with Hindi as a compulsory subject.|
|Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician||2 years||Applicants with a pass in class 10th exam can apply for this trade.|
|Engineering trades||Sheet Metal Worker, Carpenter, Mechanic Auto Electrical & Electronics, Surveyor, Computer Hardware & Network Maintenance, Plumber, Industrial Painter, Interior Decoration and Designing, Mason (Building Constructor), Mechanic Diesel Engine, Mechanic Motor Cycle, Physiotherapy Technician, Pump Operator-cum-Mechanic, Welder, Mechanic Tractor, Plastic Processing Operator||1 year||Those who have cleared their class 10th exam or equivalent are eligible to apply.|
|Tool & Die Maker (Dies & Moulds), Civil Engineering Assistant, Mechanic Refrigeration and Air-Conditioner, Draughtsman, Instrument Mechanic, Electrician, Electronics Mechanic, Painter General, Fitter, Information & Communication Technology System Maintenance, Turner, Radiology Technician, Information Technology, Machinist, Mechanic Computer Hardware, Mechanic Motor Vehicle, Technician Power Electronic System, Textile Wet Processing Technician||2 years||The candidates should have passed their class 10th or equivalent exam with Science and Mathematics subjects in order to be eligible.|
Physical as well as medical fitness is mandatory in order to carry out the physical work related to their trade.
Himachal Pradesh ITI 2023 Application Form
- Candidates can obtain the application form for HP ITI admission 2023 from the official website of Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board www.hptechboard.com.
- Those who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria for admissions can proceed towards the filling of the application form.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to enter their basic personal and academic details.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature of the candidates also need to be uploaded into the application form.
- All the details entered into the form should be checked as no changes will be possible after the submission of the form.
- Duly filled application form, complete and correct in all manners, can be submitted online along with the prescribed application fee.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form and keep it safe with them for further correspondence.
- The application fee for general category candidates will be Rs. 350/- and Rs. 250/- for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates.
- Payment of application fee can be done through online mode using net banking/ debit card/ credit card.
Preparation of Merit List
- A merit list of the successfully registered candidates will be drawn by the authorities after the application process is over.
- The list will be drawn on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying exam.
- After the list is prepared finally, it will be uploaded on the official website of the board www.hptechboard.com.
- Counseling of the candidates will be held according to their names in the merit list.
HP ITI Counseling & Admission Process 2023
- Different rounds of counseling will be conducted on the basis of number of candidates applying for the admission process.
- Schedule and venue of the counseling session will be intimated to the candidates via the board’s website.
- At the time of counseling, the candidates should report with all their documents in original and photocopy for verification.
- Choice of trade and college for ITI admission will be asked by the candidates during counseling.
- After successful verification of documents, seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their merit and choice.
- Those who are allotted a seat should report to the allotted institute to complete the rest procedure of admission.
Himachal Pradesh ITI Admission 2023 FAQs
- Is there any age limit prescribed for applying for Himachal Pradesh ITI admission 2023?
Yes. The age of the candidates should not be less than 14 years as on 1st August 2023 to be eligible for the admission process. There is no upper age limit though.
- Is there any entrance exam conducted for HP ITI admissions?
No exam is conducted for HP ITI admissions. Candidates are selected for admission to ITI colleges on the basis of their marks in the qualifying exam.
- If I do not wish to appear for the exam, can I get a refund on the application fee?
The application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances. Only in case your amount was deducted twice while making payment, the extra debited amount will be refunded.
- What documents do I need to carry while appearing for the counseling round?
Documents related to qualifying exam like mark sheet, passing certificate, age proof, domicile certificate, category certificate, medical certificate, etc should be carried while reporting for counseling.
- Once the seat is allotted, is it possible to ask for change in the allotted institute?
Possibly not. Once the seat is allotted to the candidates it won’t be possible to change the same as the seat is already allotted on the basis of their choice and merit.