The National Testing Agency will conduct the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT 2021). It is a national level entrance exam that is organized every year under the MHRD, Government of India to provide admissions to Masters in Pharmacy (M.Pharm) programmes. The GPAT 2021 score will be valid for admission to all the universities and colleges affiliated to AICTE. Candidates aspiring admission through GPAT 2021 can find all the necessary information about this exam through this article.
GPAT 2021 application form is now available online.
GPAT 2021 Important Date
|Starting of Registration||23 December 2020|
|Availability of Mock Test||—|
|Closing of the registration process|
|Publication of Admit Card||—|
|Date of Exam||22/27 February 2021|
|All India Merit List||—-|
GPAT 2021 Application form
- In order to apply for GPAT 2021, Candidates have to register themselves online.
- During the registration process, candidates have to enter all their qualification and personal details on the registration form.
- After entering the details, the scanned copy of a recent passport size photo along with the signature also need to be uploaded by the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to verify the details entered in the application form as no changes will be allowed after the final submission.
- Finally, candidates should take a printout of duly filled application form for future reference.
GPAT 2021 Application fee
- The application fee for GPAT 2021 will be Rs. 1400/- for General/OBC candidates and Rs. 700/- for SC/ST/Girls/PWD candidates.
- Candidates can pay the application fee either online or by cash through any branch of SBI in the form of Bank Challan.
- Candidates willing to pay the application fee in cash should download at least three copies of Bank Challan.
GPAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Only Indian candidates will be allowed to apply for this exam.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy (4 years degree after 12th, including candidates having a lateral entry in the second year).
- Candidates appearing for the final year’s exam are also eligible.
Note: – The candidates having B.Tech (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology) are not eligible to apply.
GPAT Exam Pattern 2021
|Mode of Examination||Online Computer Based Exam|
|Number of Questions to be asked||125 Questions will be asked|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Types of Questions to be asked||Only Multiple Choice Questions will be asked|
|Language of Question paper||English language only|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks for a correct answer|
|Negative Marking||-1 marks for an incorrect answer|
GPAT Syllabus 2021
The official syllabus will be published by the authorities on their website. However, some of the important topics regarding GPAT 2021 are as follows:
Physical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Physical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Anatomy, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Management, Biochemistry, Physiology and Health Education, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics etc.
GPAT Admit Card 2021
Candidates will be able to download the admit card from January 2021 from the official website. No Hard copies of GPAT 2021 admit card will be sent to any of candidates by post or any other offline medium. However, the authorities will send the admit card download links to the registered email id of the candidates. It is mandatory for every candidate to carry an admit card at the time of examination.
GPAT 2021 Result
The authorities will publish the result online in the 2nd week of February 2021. Candidates have to enter their login credentials in order to check their individual results. It is advisable for applicants to keep their GPAT 2021 result card with them till the selection procedure is completed.
GPAT 2021 Score Card
The scorecard of GPAT 2021 exam will be valid for 3 years from the date of its declaration. These scores will be applicable for 3 Years scholarship in M.Pharmacy courses only. In order to download the scorecard, candidates have to enter their login details on the official website of the department.
GPAT Admission 2021
After the declaration of result, an all India level and a state level merit list will be published by the authorities. Candidates will be called for counseling on the basis of rank scored by the candidates in these merit lists. Qualified candidates have to register separately for each of the participating institutes for counseling. The allotment of seat will solely depend upon the candidate’s marks in GPAT 2021 exam and availability of seats.