Gour Banga is one of the premire universities in the state of West Bengal. The university will release the official notification for Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission 2021. Those candidates who want to apply have to fill and submit the application form in online mode. It is expected that the application process will begin in the month of June 2021. Please note that the admission will be provided on the basis of previous academic records. All the candidates must ensure that they meet the necessary eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
The tentative dates for Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission 2021 are provided in the table given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of online registration for admission||1st week of June 2021|
|Last date for registration in online mode||3rd week of June 2021|
|Last date for making offline application fee payment||3rd week of June 2021|
|Publication of the merit list||3rd week of June 2021|
|Starting of admission process on the basis of the merit list||4th week of June 2021|
|Closure of the online admission process||2nd week of July 2021|
|Beginning of the classes||2nd week of July 2021|
Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Those candidates who are looking to apply for the Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission 2021 must make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- For fresher candidates, the age of a candidate must not be more than 38 years at the time of admission.
- It is compulsory for both fresher and deputed candidates to have a minimum of 50% marks in graduation or post-graduation degree exam.
- Those candidates who have a bachelor’s degree with honours and at least 50% aggregate marks of Honours Subject plus Pass Subjects are eligible to apply. There will also be a relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ ST candidates.
- The deputed teachers should a minimum of one-year teaching experience in any West Bengal Govt. /Govt. Aided/ Govt Sponsored schools or institutes
Note: The candidates who are pursuing any other course of studies/ job/ full-time research work will not be allowed to pursue this study programme.
Gour Banga University B.Ed. Application Form 2021
Those who are looking to apply will be able to access the Gour Banga University B.Ed. Application Form 2021 in online mode. Eligible and interested candidates can access the application form through the official website.
- To start the application process, aspirants need to register online through the university’s official website.
- At the time of the registration, candidates have to provide some of the basic details like name, email address, phone number, etc.
- After the registration process gets over, candidates may sign-in and access the main application form.
- Next, in the main application form, aspirants have to provide their academic, contact, and personal details.
- Apart from the details, candidates are also required to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- The format and size of the photograph should be as per the details available on the official website.
- Then, candidates may verify the details enter and submit the application form if everything is correct.
- It is also important for the candidates to pay the required application fee.
- Finally, once the application form is submitted, candidates should take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future requirements.
- The Gour Banga University B.Ed. Application Fee 2021 is the same for all candidates i.e. Rs. 700/- + Rs. 40/-.
Mode of application fee payment
- The application fee should be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- Alternatively, the application fee can also be paid in offline mode using a bank challan.
Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission 2021 Selection Process
The aspirants should know that the selection process is different for the candidates from different categories. Given below is the process of merit list creation for fresher and deputed candidates as given below.
- The selection of a fresher candidate will be based on previous academic performances.
- At the time of preparation of the merit list, the university will consider the marks secured by candidates from the 10th class level to the highest qualification attained by candidates.
- The deputed candidates will be selected for admission based on their teaching experience i.e. length of continued service. Applicants must note that the university will only consider the teaching experience of class 9th to 12th in a government-aided school.
Differently Abled (DA) Candidates
- Candidates who belong to differently-eabled (DA) category will be selected based on the percentage of disability and academic score both.
Merit List and Counselling
- The authorities will make Gour Banga University Merit List 2021 available on the official website after calculating the scores.
- You should note that different merit lists will be made available for various categories.
- Selected candidates whose names will appear in the merit list will be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
- The authorities will also verify the documents at the time of the counselling.
- The admission will be confirmed once the documents are verified and admission fee is paid.
- Please note that the counselling schedule will also be released along with the final merit list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: I will appear for the final year exam of graduation in the year 2021. Am I eligible for Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission 2021?
Answer: Yes, the students who are going to appear for the final year examination of graduation in the year 2021 are also eligible.
Question – 2: Is there any provision for an entrance test in order to select fresher or deputed candidates?
Answer: Please note that there will not be an entrance exam in order to choose the candidates. Fresher candidates will be chosen on the basis of their previous academic records. The parameter of selection for deputed candidates will be the work experience.
Question – 3: I am working full time in a company. Can I apply as a fresher candidate and complete my B.Ed.?
Answer: No, you are not eligible. Aspirants must note that candidates who are pursuing any Course of study/ full-time research work/ job are not eligible.
Question – 4: What if I don’t want to take admission? Can I get my application fee back?
Answer: No, the application fee will not be refunded in case a candidate does not take admission.
Question – 5: What are the contact details of Gour Banga University?
Answer: The contact details of the university are as follows:
- Address: University Of Gour Banga NH-34, P.O-Mokdumpur, Dist-Malda, West Bengal
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 03512-223664
- Fax: 03512-223664