GNIHM JET 2022 will be conducted by the Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management (GNIHM). This admission process is a gateway for admission to various courses like Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management (Hons), B.Sc Hospitality & Hotel Administration, M.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration, MBA in Hospitality and Hotel Administration, etc. Interested candidates who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. All the important details related to the admission process are provided below.
GNIHM JET 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates for GNIHM JET 2022 examination are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of application form||1st week of April 2022|
|Pre book admission test date||3rd week of April 2022|
|Telephonic test date||1st week of May 2022|
|JET 2022 date||Last week of June 2022|
GNIHM JET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Those candidates who want to appear for the GNIHM JET 2022 exam and excel in their careers in the field of hotel management must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria. Please note that the eligibility criteria are different for various courses as given in the table below
|Courses||Eligibility Criteria||Duration of the exam|
|B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Management||Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam||3 years|
|M.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Management||Candidate must be a graduate||2 years|
|MBA in Hospitality and Hotel Management||Candidate must be a graduate||2 years|
|Bachelors in Hotel Management & Catering Technology||Should have passed the 10+2 examination||4 years|
|Bachelors in Hospitality Management||Should have passed the 10+2 examination||3 years|
|Diploma in Hotel & Hospitality Operation||Must have cleared the 10+2 examination||–|
GNIHM JET 2022 Application Form
The application form for GNIHM JET 2022 will release in both online and offline mode. Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria. The complete application process is explained below.
- To start the online application process, aspirants need to register on the official website.
- On the official website, candidates have to fill their personal, contact, and educational details completely.
- All the details entered in the application form should be authentic. Otherwise, the application form will be rejected.
- Apart from the details, candidates are also required to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- While applying online, aspirants have to upload the scanned images of their other relevant documents as well.
- In addition to this, candidates also need to pay the required application fee.
- After submitting the application form, candidates must take a printout of the application form submitted online.
Offline Application Form
- Candidates may download the offline application form from the institute’s website. Alternatively, aspirants may collect the application form from the institute campus in-person or by hand.
- After accessing the application form, candidates need to fill their required details in neat and clean hand-writing.
- The educational, personal, and contact details entered in the application form must be entered correctly.
- It is also compulsory to affix the photograph of the candidate on the application form.
- The duly filled application form should be sent to the institute along with all the necessary documents.
- It is recommended that the candidates should keep a copy of the application form safe before sending it to the institute.
- The address to which the application form must be sent is given below.
Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management
157/F, Nilgunj Road, Panihati,
Near Sodepur railway Station,
- The application fee is the same of all candidates i.e. Rs. 1000/-
Mode of application fees payment
- Candidates can pay the fee online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- Alternatively, the fee can also be paid offline through a DD/ cheque. The DD or cheque should be drawn in favour of “Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management” payable at Kolkata.
- The application fee will also be accepted by cash at the college campus.
GNIHM JET 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card for the examination will be sent by email, speed post, and by courier service.
- In case of downloading the admit card from the email, aspirants must take a printout of the same.
- The information about the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
- It is advised to keep the admit card safe even after the examination for the future requirement.
GNIHM JET 2022 Exam Pattern
The pattern of GNIHM JET 2022 examination is explained below.
- Mode of examination: offline test
- Type of question: both objective type and descriptive type questions
- Number of questions: 120 (115 objective type + 5 subjective type questions)
- Duration of the examination: 2 hours
- Maximum Marks: 150
- Negative marking: Not applicable
- Marking Scheme: Each objective type question will carry 1 mark. Each descriptive type question will carry 7 mark.
- Subjects: English, Aptitude, General Knowledge, and Current affairs
- Examination Centre: Kolkata, Patna, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai. Mumbai, Kochi, Chandigarh, Raipur.
GNIHM JET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of GNIHM JET 2022 examination is given below.
- English: English proficiency, Rearrangement of sentence, Formation of Paragraph, Paragraph completion, Fill in the blanks, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies, Spelling mistakes, Idioms and phrases, One word substitution, Sentence formation, Sentence completion, Sentence improvement, Sentence Reconstruction, Rearrangement of words in the sentence
- General Knowledge: Books and authors, Famous personalities, Currencies, Inventions and discoveries, Music & Dances, World organisations, Prizes and awards, Solar System, Sports
- Current Affairs: Knowledge about recent nation & international affairs about sports, hospitality, politics etc.
- After conducting the examination, the result will be declared online through the official website
- Apart from the website, candidates will also be informed about the result declaration through their registered email ID.
- The information about the section-wise and total marks secured will be mentioned on the scorecard.
- Those candidates who will secure more than cut-off marks will be declared successful.
GNIHM JET 2022 Counselling
- Those candidates who will be declared successful after the declaration of result will be invited to participate in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, authorities will verify the documents.
- It is compulsory for all candidates to carry original documents while reporting for the counselling.
- The admission is subjected to the payment of the admission fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What is the fee structure of admission into Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management?
Answer: As per the last year’s notification, the fee structure of Guru nanak institute of hotel management is given below. Please note that the fees must be paid semester-wise.
- BA. in International Hospitality & Hotel administration (Hons). Total Course fee Rs,4,35,000/-
- B. Sc in Hospitality & Hotel administration (Hons). Total Course fee Rs, 4,35,000/-
- BA. in International culinary Arts (Hons). Total Course fee Rs, 4,35,000/-
- Bachelor in Hotel Management &Catering Technology- Total Course fee Rs. 4, 85,000/-
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management- Total Course fee Rs. 4,35,000/-
- M.Sc/ MBA in Hospitality and Hotel Administration- Total Course fee Rs, 3,48,000/-
- Diploma in Hotel Operation – Total Course fee Rs, 1,90,000/-
Note: Hostel Fees – Rs. 5500/-, Hostel Admission Fees – Rs. 5000/-
Question – 2: What is the expected examination centre for GNIHM JET 2022 examination?
Answer: The expected examination centre are as follows – Kolkata, Patna, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Kochi, Chandigarh, Raipur.
Question – 3: What is the duration of the examination and how many questions will be asked?
Answer: The duration of the examination will be 2 hours. Total of 120 questions will be asked. 115 questions will be objective type and 5 questions will be descriptive type.
Question – 4: What is the cost of an application form and prospectus if we buy it from the institute?
Answer: The cost of application form and prospectus is Rs. 1000/-
Question – 5: How may I contact the institute to know more about the admission?
Answer: You may contact the institute’s admission helpline at – +91 9836106964, 033 25231246