Admissions to B.Ed course in Gauhati University are provided on the basis of Gauhati University B.Ed Common Entrance Test (GUBEDCET). Candidates who wish to appear for this exam need to fill the application form in online mode. The exam will be conducted in offline mode using OMR Sheets. After clearing the exam, the applicants will be eligible for B.Ed admission in all the colleges affiliated to the Gauhati University. Go through this post to find all the details related to Gauhati University B.Ed Admission 2023.
Gauhati University B.Ed Admission 2023
- Every candidate has to select three examination centers while filling the application form.
- The application form will be available in online mode only. Applications received via speed post or other offline modes will be summarily rejected.
- It is a responsibility of the candidates to check the eligibility criteria before applying. The application fee once submitted will not be refunded in any case.
- All the questions are going to be in English language only.
- Reservation and relaxation policy will be applicable as per existing rules of Gauhati University.
- It is expected that the application form will be made available in the month of June 2023.
Gauhati University B.Ed Admission 2023 Schedule
Aspiring candidates can check the important schedule for Gauhati University Admission as given below.
|Starting of online application form submission||Oct 2023|
|Last date to submit an application form||Oct 2023|
|Availability of Admit card||Nov 2023|
|Date of Examination||Nov 2023|
|Uploading of Answer Key||Nov 2023|
|Last date to receive challenges on answer keys||Dec 2023|
|Declaration of result||Dec 2023|
|Counseling (preference selection by students)||Dec 2023|
The candidates looking for Gauhati University B.Ed Admission 2023 must fulfill the eligibility criteria given below.
- Aspirants with any of the following degree with at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD) are eligible for admission – BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com or MA/ M.Sc/ M.Com or any equivalent degree.
Gauhati University B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The university will release the application form in online mode through its official website. Go through the instructions below to easily fill the application form.
- To start the application process, the candidates have to visit the website of university and click on the official link to the B.Ed application form.
- After that, provide all the necessary educational, personal and contact details in an accurate manner.
- Applicants are advised to provide authentic details only because the documents will be verified during later stages of the admission process.
- In addition to the details, the aspirants also need to upload scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- Once all the details are entered, you have to pay the necessary application fee.
- Finally, take a print out of submitted application form & fee receipt and keep it safe for future reference.
- The application + entrance examination fee for all the candidates is Rs. 1000/- (Bank transaction charges are additional)
Gauhati University B.Ed 2023 Exam Pattern
Here is the exam pattern of GUBEDCET 2023 that a candidate should know.
- Mode of application: offline (OMR sheet based exam)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Language of questions: English
- Maximum Marks: 400
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks.
- Negative marking: 1 mark will get deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Expected test centers: Guwahati, Nagaon, Nalbari, Barpeta, Dhubri, Mangaldai, Goalpara, Tezpur, Jorhat, North Lakhimpur.
Also read: Bihar B.Ed admission
Syllabus and Marking Scheme
Sections, syllabus and mark break-up of Gauhati University B.Ed Entrance Exam 2023 is illustrated in the table given below.
|A||General English (Vocabulary, Voice, Tense, Narration, Correction of sentences, Preposition, Comprehension)||120 marks|
|B||General Knowledge (Indian History, Indian Polity, General Science, Current Affairs)||120 marks|
|C||Test of reasoning and numerical ability||120 marks|
|D||Current Indian Education (Issues and Policies) National Policy on Education 1986, Universalization of Elementary Education – Right to Education, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) Secondary Education – Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)||40 marks|
Gauhati University B.Ed 2023 Admit Card
- The candidates who will successfully submit the application form before the last date can download the admit card in online mode.
- Admit cards of all the aspirants will be uploaded on the official website.
- Information about the exam center, date and timing will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is compulsory for all the candidates to carry a hard copy of an admit card at the examination center.
Gauhati University B.Ed 2023 Result and Merit list
- After the exam, the university will upload the result and merit list on its official website.
- Merit list will be prepared solely on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the examination.
- In case of a tie, candidates having less number of wrong answers will be preferred.
- If the tie persists then applicants with more marks in section-A will get preference.
Gauhati University B.Ed 2023 Counselling
- The counselling process will take place online.
- In this process, the applicants have to choose the colleges in which they want admissions.
- The seats will be allotted to a candidate based on the choice filled and merit list.
- After the seat allotment, the candidates have to visit the respective college for document verification.
Official website: https://admissions.guportal.in/