Country’s all the 7 IITs jointly with IISC conduct the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2018) turn by turn. This year, the examination is being conducted by IIT Guwahati to offer admission to all the eligible candidates in the Masters Programme in technology (M.Tech.) / Engineering (M.E). On the basis of the entrance examination, all the applicants will be able to take admission in all the IITs, NITs, GFTI and many other private institutions. In the given write-up, eligible applicants can get all the necessary information about the GATE application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and important dates.
Check Here: GATE 2019 info
Important Dates- Released
Dates and schedule of the exam count as the important part of the notification and all the candidates need to have recent updates about that. The following chart gives all the necessary dates about the admission and examination process.
|S.No.||Name of the event of the Exam||Date Assigned|
|1.||Starting Date of Application Form||1st September 2017|
|2.||Last Date of Application Form||5th October 2017|
|3.||Last Date for Request for Change in City||17th November 2017|
|4.||Correction in Application Form||November 2017|
|5.||Release Date Admit Card||5th January 2018|
|6.||GATE 2018 Online Exam Date (CBT)||February 03- 04 & February 10- 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)|
|7.||Date of Result Announcement||17th March 2018|
|8.||Availability of Score Card||May 2018|
Note: The dates given in the above chart have been updated according to the GATE 2018 official notification.
Candidates must ensure that they have the needed eligibility criteria before they apply for the aptitude test. In the following chart, candidates can get the details about the eligibility for different programmes offered by the universities.
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/Examination||Description of Eligible Candidates|
|1.||B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharma||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4-years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs||Presently in the final year or already completed|
|2.||B.Arch||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course)||Presently in the final year or already completed|
|3.||B.Sc (Research)/B.S||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Presently in the 4th year or already completed|
|4.||M.Sc/MA/MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any of the stream Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Presently in the 4th year or already completed|
|5.||Int. M.E/M.Tech (Post-B.Sc)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (Four-year program)||Presently in the 2nd/3rd/ 4th year or already completed|
|6.||Int. M.E/M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five-year program)||Presently in the 4th/5thyear or already completed|
|7.||Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S-M.S||Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B.S.- M.S. program||Presently in the 4th year or already completed|
|8.||Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch)||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses|
The very first part of the admission process is the application form. Eligible candidates can apply for the test thru the application form and all the additional details about the application form are in the following points:
- The GATE Application Form 2018 will be available on the assigned official website of IIT.
- There will be only the online thru which candidates will be able to apply for the aptitude test.
- Applicants shall have to provide all the mandatory details in the application form such as their name, address, and relevant educational qualification.
- They will have to submit the scanned photo and signature in the application form.
- There will be an application fee which all the applicants shall have to pay while submitting the application form.
- Applicants can pay the application fee thru the debit card, credit card and net banking or e-challan.
- Moreover, candidates can make corrections in the application form till the last of November from the beginning of November 2018.
It is the exam pattern which all the serious aspirants study first. The exam pattern gives all the details about the exam and the type of questions. In the following points, applicants can the details about the pattern of the examination:
- There will be one question paper for GATE which will bear 100 marks.
- The total number of questions in the exam will be 65 of both categories viz. objective and numerical type.
- The time duration for the question paper will be 3 hours.
- The question paper will be computer based (CBT).
- Candidates will now get a new section on Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences in the question paper.
It is the admit card which allows applicants to appear in the examination. After submission of the application form, applicants will get the admit card from the university. The admit card will be available on the official portal from 5th Jnauary 2018.
The GATE Result will be out within a month after the commencement of the exam. Candidates can get the result of the exam on the official portal of the website. The result of the exam will be available on 17th March 2018.
After the announcement of the result, applicants will be invited to appear for counseling. After the commencement of counselling, candidates will get an offer to take admission in the desired institute to pursue preferred programme.
- CCMT(Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan) will conduct the counseling process for all the eligible and qualified candidates.
- Candidates will have to show all the certificates at the time of counseling before the admission board.