National Testing Agency is the authority responsible for conducting the DU JAT 2022 examination. DU JAT stands for Delhi University Joint Admission Test. This exam is a gateway for admission to Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) and BA (Hons) Business Economics courses at the Delhi University. Those who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. Before starting the application process, aspirants must ensure that they meet all the required eligibility criteria. In this post, all the necessary details related to the DU JAT 2022 examination are provided.
DU JAT 2022 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of DU JAT 2022 examination is given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of DU JAT 2021 application process||3rd week of June 2022|
|Last date to register online||3rd week of July 2022|
|Availability of the admit card on the official website||To be announced later|
|Date of examination||To be announced later|
|Declaration of the result||To be announced later|
|Counselling||To be announced later|
DU JAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria in order to apply for the DU JAT 2022 are explained below.
- The candidates must have passed the class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board with English, Mathematics, and two other subjects approved by Delhi University.
- In addition to this, the candidate must also have a minimum of 60% marks in class 12th. Only 55% marks are required for the candidates who belongs to SC, ST, CW, and PwD categories.
- While calculating the class 12% aggregate scores, authorities will consider marks in English, Mathematics, and other two subjects only.
- Candidates should have at least passing marks in all four subjects mentioned above.
DU JAT 2022 Application Form
The application form for DU JAT 2022 will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form through the official website. Given below are the details about the application process that an aspiring candidate should know.
- First of all, candidates have to visit the Delhi University’s admission portal.
- One the official website, aspirants are required to register themselves by clicking on the “New Registration” link.
- During the registration, candidates have to provide the following basic details – Name, Email address, password, and mobile number.
- Once registration gets over, a registration number and password will be sent to the candidates on their email ID.
- Then, candidates need to sign-in by entering their registration and password. This will open the main application form.
- In the main application form, candidates will be asked to enter the complete academic, contact, and personal details.
- Make sure you enter each of the details accurately because authorities will verify the documents later on.
- In case you are seeking merit-based UG admission then you must select the option indicating the same in the application form.
- In the application form, candidates also need to upload the scanned images of the following documents.
- Class 10th Board Certificate for Date of Birth
- Class 12th Board mark sheet
- ECA Certificate
- Sports Certificate
- After filling the details and uploading images in the application form, candidates need to pay the required application fee.
- Finally, the candidates should also take a printout of the application form submitted for future requirements.
The application fee for the candidates of different categories are as follows.
- General/ OBC/ CW Category: Rs. 750/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ EWS Category: Rs. 300/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card/ debit card/ Internet Banking/ UPI.
DU JAT 2022 Admit Card
- Those candidates who will fill and submit the application form before the last date will be able to download the admit card in online mode.
- In order to download the admit card, candidates have to visit the official website.
- On the official website, aspirants need to provide their registration details in the order to download the admit card.
- The information about the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
DU JAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The pattern of the DU JAT 2022 examination is given below.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer based test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 100 questions
- Language of questions: English
- Duration of the examination: 2 hours
- Maximum Marks: 400
- Marking Scheme: Each question will 4 marks
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer
|Sections||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Reasoning and analytical ability||25||100|
|Business and General Awareness||25||100|
|Total||100 questions||400 marks|
DU JAT 2022 Syllabus
The brief syllabus of DU JAT 2022 is given below.
- Quantitative Ability: Numbers, Averages & Percentages, Roots, Indices, Surds, Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Algebraic Formulae, Linear & Quadratic Equations, Ratio & Proportion, Partnership, Mixtures & Alligations, Time, Speed & Distance, Work Related Problems, Pipes & Cisterns, etc.
- General English: Etymology & Roots, Idioms & Phrases, Analogies, Antonyms-Synonyms, Foreign Words Noun & Pronoun Errors, Subject-Verb Agreement, Prepositions and Conjunctions, Tenses, Modifiers & Parallelism, Reading Comprehension, Inference based passages Syllogisms, Logical Consistency, Deductive Reasoning
- Reasoning and Analytical Ability: Coding & Decoding, Symbol Based Logic, Family Tree & Directions, Arrangements: Linear, Circular, Matrix Arrangements, Groups & Conditionality, Logical Series, Selection Criteria, Sequential O/P Tracing, Analogies, Odd one out, Logical Puzzles, Calendar
- Business & General Awareness: Business and Economy, Awards and Honors, Brands, Logos, Taglines, Company/Business entities, Days and Dates, Government and Politics, International Bodies/News, Literature and Media, Personalities, Science & Technology, Sports and Movies, Trade/Business terminologies, Personalities, Books & authors, Arts & Music, Indian History and World History.
DU JAT 2022 Result
- The DU JAT Result 2022 will release in online mode through the official website of the University.
- As per the result, candidates will get percentile scores in the range .01 to 100.
- Apart from this, ranks will be given to the candidates as per their percentile score.
- In addition to this, authorities will also release the merit list based on which the admission will be provided.
- Please note that the merit list will be prepared on the basis of the normalized scores.
Selection process and Counselling
- Please note that the Delhi University will consider the candidate’s performance in the qualifying examination and DU JAT 2022.
- The weightage of the qualifying exam and DU JAT examination 2022 is given below.
- Qualifying Examination (Best four subjects including English, Maths and other two subjects) – 35%
- DU JAT 2021 – 65%
- During the counselling process, candidates will be asked to provide the choice of college in which they want to study.
- Authorities will also verify the documents at the time of the counselling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode the application form of DU JAT 2022 will release?
Answer: The application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 2: Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Answer: Yes, one mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer
Question – 3: What will be the duration of DU JAT 2022 examination?
Answer: The duration of DU JAT examination is 2 hours.
Question – 4: Is the DU JAT examination 2022 will be conducted in Delhi only?
Answer: No, DU JAT Examination will be conducted in around 20 major cities of India.
Question – 5: In case my application form is rejected. Will I get the application fee back?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded back.