The DU B.Ed entrance exam is expected to be held in the month of June 2022 and all the appearing candidates must be preparing for the exam with complete focus. An important aspect in preparing for the exam is to gain familiarity with the basic pattern of the entrance exam. Exam pattern will introduce the candidates with details like duration of exam, mode of exam, number of questions asked, etc. This, along with the knowledge of exam syllabus, is important for the candidates to prepare for the exam in best possible manner. This article provides the crucial information related to DU B.Ed Exam Pattern 2022.
DU B.Ed Exam Pattern 2022
Knowledge of exam pattern can help the candidates in becoming mentally prepared for the exam. Those appearing for the B.Ed entrance exam of Delhi University should completely familiarize themselves with the exam pattern. Candidates can check out the details of the DU B.Ed Exam Pattern 2022 from below.
- Mode of the exam: The DU B.Ed entrance exam will be conducted through online mode, i.e., as a computer-based test.
- Duration of exam: The entrance exam will be conducted for the duration of 2 hours.
- Important Topics: Questions in the entrance exam will be asked from the following topics- Reasoning & General Awareness, English & Hindi Language Proficiency and Subject Knowledge at School Level.
- Number of questions: In the exam, a total of 100 questions from 3 different sections will be asked.
- Type of questions: Only objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Question paper language: Questions asked in the exam will be either in English or in Hindi language.
- Total marks: The entrance exam will carry a total of 400 marks.
- Marking scheme: For every correct answer, the candidates will be awarded 4 marks.
- Negative marking: For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted as penalty.
|Topics||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Reasoning and General Awareness on social, political and economic issues||20 questions||80 marks|
|English and Hindi Language Proficiency||20 questions||80 marks|
|Subject Knowledge at School
Level (only up to senior secondary school)
|60 questions||240 marks|
|Total||100 questions||400 marks|
Other details related to the entrance exam such as the center and the timing will be communicated to the candidates through their admit card.
Check here- How to apply?
Things to keep in mind
- There will be no section-wise time limit and only an overall duration of 120 minutes.
- Questions asked in the general awareness section will be mainly based on current affairs. So prepare accordingly.
- Multiple choice questions will be there containing 4 or more options out of which only one will be correct.
- Before leaving the exam room, make sure to check that you exam is submitted successfully.
- Since there will be negative marking, try not to mark your answer just based on assumptions.
Important Tips to Be Exam-Ready
Since the expected date for the DU B.Ed entrance exam is not far away, few helpful tips that can give a boost to the exam preparation are given below.
- Familiarize yourself with the computer-based exam beforehand. To do this, you can solve online mock tests.
- With so less time left for exam, make sure that your solve practice papers more and more.
- If you are having any difficulty with any topic, now is the time to solve it.
- Involve more in self-study that going out for group study.
- In case you haven’t already prepared short notes. These notes will come in handy when you are at examination center struggling to absorb important topics for the last time.
- Do not neglect your health because of your studies. Although it’s not exactly a preparation tip, but you do not a healthy mind for exam preparation and a healthy mind lies in a healthy body.
- Try to keep your mind as calm as relaxed as you can. Panicking days before exam will not help you and will only make things worse.
- A day before the exam, keep all the important stationery items and entrance exam admit card at a place that is visible to you all the time. Reporting to the exam center without these items can prevent you from appearing in the exam, so don’t forget them.