The Delhi University offers the candidates admission into the B.Ed courses on the basis of entrance test. Interested candidates can submit their online application now to appear in DU B.Ed 2022 entrance test. It is suggested that the candidates make sure of their eligibility before applying for the exam. The entrance test will be conducted in online mode and the date of the same will be notified soon. Candidates can check the complete details related to DU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2022 from this article.
Latest: DU B.Ed 2022 application form is now available. Read prospectus below and apply accordingly.DU B.ed prospectus 2022
DU B.Ed 2022 Entrance Exam Participating Institutes
The B.Ed degree program will be offered in the following institutes of the Delhi University:
- Department of Education (Central Institute of Education – CIE)
- Lady Irwin College (LIC)
- Maharshi Valmiki College of Education (MVCE)
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for women (SPMC)
DU B.Ed 2022 Important Highlights
Here are important highlights of DU B.Ed admission 2022:
- Only women candidates are eligible to apply to Lady Irwin College and Shyama Prasad Mukherji College.
- Lady Irwin College offers B.Ed only with Home Science as a teaching subject.
- Ed students are not permitted to take up any employment, full-time or part-time, during the complete duration of course.
- 5% of the total seats in the course will be reserved for foreign national candidates.
- The candidates who do not have results of the qualifying exam will not be allowed for provisional admission.
- Those who have applied for revaluation/ improvement of exam results or have appeared in supplementary exam will not be considered for provisional admission.
DU B.Ed 2022 Exam Dates
The important dates related to DU B.Ed Admission 2022 can be found from the table below.
|Availability of online application form
|Last date for submission of application form
|To be notified
|Release of admit card
|To be notified
|Date of entrance exam
|To be notified
|Declaration of result
|To be notified
|Beginning of counseling process
|To be notified
|Commencement of academic session
|To be notified
DU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the detailed eligibility criteria for DU B.Ed Admission 2022:
- Category I: The candidates should hold Bachelor’s Degree and/ or Master’s Degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanities/ Commerce with at least 50% marks in aggregate or any other qualification equivalent thereto.
- Category II: Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology and specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for admission.
Eligibility for choosing Subject Category and Teaching Subject:
- The candidate will have to choose one subject category and only one teaching subject (from within the subject category only) which she/ he must have studied in the qualifying degree for at least 200 marks and obtained at least 50% marks.
- The subject chosen by the candidate from the subject category will be considered as the teaching subject and will remain the same throughout the B.Ed. programme.
- Request for change in subject category will not be entertained under any circumstances.
|Subject Category (Pedagogy 1 subject)
|Teaching Subject (Pedagogy 2 subject)
- OBC, Children/ Widows/ Wives of Armed Personnel, including Para-Military Personnel, killed/disabled in Action (CW), PWD category candidates will be given a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum qualifying exam.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST candidates only need to pass the qualifying exam.
DU B.Ed Application Form 2022
The application form for DU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2022 will be made available on the DU PG Admission portal. Candidates who meet all the eligibility requirements for admission can proceed with filling of application form.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal details, academic details, contact details, etc.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates should be also uploaded into the application form.
- Choice for exam center, subject category and one teaching subject must also be carefully entered into the application.
- Once all the details are entered, the candidates can submit the form along with the prescribed application fee.
- After the payment is made, a printout of the form should be taken and kept safe. The printout needs to be brought on the day of admission at the allocated institution.
- To complete the process of application, the candidates are required to submit a desired amount as application fee.
- The application fee will be Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for the reserved category candidates).
- Payment of the fees can be done through online mode using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
DU B.Ed 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern overview for DU B.Ed Entrance Test 2022 is provided below as:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Exam duration: 2 hours
- Medium of test: English or Hindi
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 400
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks.
- Negative marking: For every incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted.
|No. of questions
|Subject Knowledge at School Level (till senior secondary level)
|Reasoning & General Awareness
|Language Proficiency (in English and Hindi)
DU B.Ed 2022 Admit Card
- Candidates who submit their applications successfully on time will be able to download their admit card for appearing in the exam.
- The admit card will be made available on the official website of the university.
- On the admit card, the details of the entrance exam like center, date and time will be mentioned.
- No candidates in the absence of a valid admit card will be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Admit card must be kept safe by the candidates till the whole process of admission is over.
DU B.Ed Result 2022
- Result of the entrance test will be announced online tentatively in the month of July 2022.
- On the basis of performance of the candidates in the entrance test, a merit list will be prepared and displayed on the university’s website.
- An overall as well as category-wise merit list of the candidates will be drawn.
- The subject category chosen by the candidate will be considered final for preparing merit list.
- Depending on the category rank in the merit list, availability of seats and preference of the institutions, seats will be allocated to the candidates.
- The candidates need to report to the allocated institutions on the date mentioned when their names appear in the merit lists.
- Candidates should carry all their important documents with them while reporting to the institute.
- Documents of the candidates will be verified before offering them the final admission.
- In case the candidate fails to report within the given time-frame or to get their documents verified, they will be denied admission.
Important Documents for DU B.Ed 2022
Candidates must carry the documents given below along with them while reporting for admission. The documents should be arranged in the serial order mentioned below.
- High School/ Secondary School Certificate for verification of date of birth
- Statement of Marks of all year/ semester of Graduation or Post Graduation level (as applicable)
- Provisional certificate or degree of the qualifying examination
- Category certificate for candidates belonging to reserved categories
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended or from any Gazetted officer (valid for six months from the date of issue)
- In the case of candidates in service, a No Objection Certificate from the employer and a letter of sanction of study leave for a period of two years.
Official website: http://doe.du.ac.in/