DU Admission 2022: The National Testing Agency will invite applications for Delhi University admission 2022. Candidates seeking admission in different UG, PG and doctorate programmes offered by the University can apply online. Admissions in these programs are done on the basis of merit as well as through the entrance test. Candidates need to check their eligibility status before applying for the admission in their choice of program. Candidates can also apply for admission based on the sports quota; however, they need to appear for the entrance test to be conducted by the respective department of DU.
Delhi university admissions from the session 2022-23 onwards would be based on CUCET.
DU Admission 2022 Important info
- For UG and PG admission, candidates can apply through any of the two modes i.e. merit/direct and entrance-based. 50% of the total intake shall be done through merit mode and the rest of the 50% will be done on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the entrance exam.
- The University might conduct GD/interview for admission in PG and Ph.D/M.Phil programs.
- For admission through sports quota, candidates can apply for “admission through sports trial” or “admission without sports trial” subjected to the eligibility as stated by the university.
- Foreign nationals interested in pursuing the courses provided by Delhi University need to get registered with the Foreign Students Registry (FSR). No admission will be given to the foreign nationals directly.
- Only the candidates who name appears in the “admission list”, who report at the “reporting centre”, within the scheduled time limit, will be eligible for admission to the course.
DU Admission Key dates 2022
The official dates for DU admission 2022 are given below-
DUET 2022 by NTA Schedule
|Starting date of online registration||June 2022
|Last date to register||June 2022|
|Admit card||June 2022
|Date of examination||July 2022|
|Admission closes on||August 2022|
Tentative Schedule for UG Merit Based Admission
|Registration portal live||June 2022
|Portal will close by||June 2022
|Portal will open for adding class 12th marks||July 2022|
|Deadline for adding class 12 marks||August 2022|
|Date of first cutoff||August 2022|
|Date of second cutoff||August 2022|
|Date of third cutoff||August 2022|
|Date of fourth cutoff||August 2022|
|Session would begin from||September 2022|
|Date of fifth cutoff||September 2022|
DU Eligibility criteria 2022
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria given below to ensure that they fulfill the requirements for admission in the course of their choice-
Age limit: No minimum age for applying (for both UG and PG programs) except for the courses where regulatory bodies such as MCI, AICTE, BCI, NCTE, DCI etc have prescribed the minimum age requirements.
For admission in UG courses: DU admission 2022 in different undergraduate courses will be based on the marks secured by the candidates in class 12th or its equivalent exam or their performance in the entrance test conducted by Delhi University.
For PG courses
- MA: Candidates should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.
- Sc: Applicants should have done B.Sc in concerned discipline with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.
- MCA: Candidates must possess a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university as equivalent to that of University of Delhi with at least one paper in Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research) under annual mode/at least two papers in Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research) in semester mode or an equivalent degree.
- LLB: Graduation or post graduation degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% aggregate marks is required.
- LLM: Candidates must have done a 3-years or 5-years of LLB degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- Ed: Candidates should have completed a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Science, social science and humanities or any other discipline equivalent thereto.
DU Application Form 2022
Candidates need to register themselves online for DU admission 2022 by visiting the official website of NTA. From there, they are required to select the course i.e. UG, PG or M.Phil/Ph.D programmes offered by DU. They will land to the concerned portal where they need to provide certain information for registration. Enter the username and password the candidates will received in their registered email/phone number to fill the form.
The form will ask for details such as- name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, category, academic details, course, admission through entrance/merit-based etc. Candidates should fill these details very carefully. Applicants will also need to upload their scanned signature, photograph and other relevant documents. They must pay the registration fee required for admission/entrance exam. The application form must be submitted on time to avoid disappointment.
- For UG courses (merit-based): Unreserved and OBC candidates are required to pay Rs. 150/-, SC/ST/PWD candidates must pay Rs. 75/- and Sports/ECA candidates need to pay Rs. 100/- (for each category) as the application fee.
- For UG courses (entrance-based): UR and OBC candidates need to pay Rs. 500/- and SC/ST/OBC candidates must pay Rs. 250/- as the registration fee for the exam.
- For PG and M.Phil/Ph.D courses: Unreserved and OBC candidates need to pay Rs. 500/- and SC/ST/PWD candidates need to pay Rs. 250/- as the application fee.
The payment of the application fee can be done online through net banking, debit card and credit card. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
DU Entrance Exam Pattern 2022
Given below is the exam pattern of UG and PG entrance test.
For UG entrance
- Total duration: 2 hours
- Type of questions: MCQ-based
- Language: English and Hindi
- Total questions: 100
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer
For PG entrance
- Duration: 2 hours
- Exam mode: Online
- Type of questions: Multiple choice-based
- Number of questions: 50/100 (as applicable)
- Language: English only
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer
Delhi University Entrance Syllabus 2022
- UG: Students need to study the subjects taught at 10+2 level for DU UG entrance exam preparation.
- PG: Candidates need to study the syllabus of concerned UG subjects in which they wish to pursue their post graduation. The syllabus is the corresponding B.A/B.Com/B.Sc or its equivalent syllabus of Delhi University.
- Phil/Ph.D: Applicants are required to prepare the syllabus of the relevant subject in which they have completed their master’s degree or syllabus of the master’s program in which they wish to complete M.Phil or Ph.D degree.
- The admit card for the entrance test can be downloaded from the official web portal of the university by login into the candidate’s account.
- Applicants need to take the printout copy of the admit card and bring the same at the exam center along with a valid ID proof.
- The admit card shall bear the following information- reporting time, exam center, candidate’s detail, registration number, etc.
- Those found not to be possessing the relevant documents (admit card and ID proof) will not be allowed to appear in the entrance exam.
DU Entrance exam Result 2022
- Result of the entrance test shall be notified on the admission portal of Delhi University.
- The authority will publish the admission list for different UG, PG and doctorate programs offered by DU on its website.
- Candidates selected according to the admission list will be called for the counselling session where their documents will be verified.
- They also need to pay the programme fee once they have accepted a seat allotted during counselling.