The National Capital Territory of Delhi is the home to some top ranked engineering institutes including IIT Delhi, NIT Delhi, JMI, etc. Admission in these colleges is offered to the candidates on the basis of JEE exam. Interested candidates who clear the prescribed entrance exam can apply online for Delhi BTech Admission 2023. The candidates, however, must make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before they apply for admission. Important details related to the admission process can be found through this article.
Top Engineering Colleges/ Universities of Delhi
Although one can find a large number of great engineering colleges in the NCT of Delhi, some of the best ones are given below:
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- National Institute of Technology Delhi
- Delhi Technological University (DTU)
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW)
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIIT-D)
- Netaji Subhas University of Technology (NSUT)
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology
- Ambedkar Institute Of Advanced Communication Technologies And Research
- GB Pant Government Engineering College, Delhi
Delhi BTech Admission 2023
- Apart from applying for the entrance exam, the candidates will have to separately apply for the counseling round.
- Candidates must appear for JEE in order to be considered for Delhi BTech Admission 2023.
- For institutes other than IIT Delhi (where JEE Advance is required), the admissions are to be granted on the basis of JEE Main score.
- Those found ineligible for admission at any stage will be disqualified immediately.
- Institutes under JAC have different requirements for eligibility that must be checked by the candidates before applying.
It is important that the candidates make sure that they fulfill the basic eligibility before they apply for Delhi BTech Admission 2023. Candidates must have cleared their class 12th exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Other criteria, if required by the institute the candidates wish to enroll into, must also be verified by visiting the respective websites.
Since the Delhi BTech admission will be given on the basis of JEE, the candidates will first have to fill the online application form for JEE exam. The application form will be available online and can be filled by providing personal and educational details of the candidates. A certain amount of application fee will also be paid to complete the application process.
After commencement of the entrance exam, the candidates will again have to register themselves for the counseling process. For this, the candidates are required to visit the official website of the counseling conducting authority and fill the registration form to be considered for admission process.
Delhi BTech admission 2023 will be done on the basis of the following entrance exams:
JEE Main- Admission into various engineering colleges or universities situated in Delhi will be given on the basis of candidates’ score in IIT Main.
JEE Advance- For admission into IIT Delhi, the candidates are required to clear the JEE Advance exam.
Delhi BTech Admission 2023 Procedure
Admission to DTU, IGDTUW, IIIT-D and NSUT
Centralized counseling for admission into BTech courses offered by these institutes will be done by Joint Admission Counselling (JAC Delhi). Candidates who qualify JEE Main exam can register themselves on the official website www.jacdelhi.nic.in from May onwards. Online registration can be done using the JEE Main application number. Candidates will have to provide online choices for branch and college and seat will be allotted to them accordingly. Counseling result and seat allotment letter all will be published on the official JAC website. After allotment, the candidates will have to pay the admission fee online and the report to the allotted institute. Candidates must report to the institute along with the admission fee payment receipt and the original documents.
Admission to IIT Delhi
For admission to the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, the candidates must clear JEE Advance held after the JEE Main exam. Counseling for IIT Delhi will be conducted by JoSAA. Schedule and other details related to the counseling process can be found on the official website of JoSAA. Here also the candidates will have to register online and provide IIT Delhi as their first choice. According to their rank and availability of seats, they will be granted admission into this institute.
Admission to Other Universities
Other universities like Jamia Millia Islamia, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University also invite applications from the JEE Main qualified candidates. Details of counseling and admission process for these universities can be obtained by visiting their official websites.
Following documents are important and should be kept ready by the candidates for verification at the time of admissions:
- JEE admit card
- JEE scorecard
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Passing certificate of class 12
- Date of birth certificate
- Category certificate, if applicable
- Disability certificate, if applicable
- Passport size photographs