DASA PG 2021 stands for Direct Admission of Students Abroad PG 2021. It is an admission process managed by MNNIT, Allahabad. Under this scheme, admission will be provided to Foreign Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Non- Resident Indians (NRIs). The courses available under DASA PG 2021 are M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Plan, M.Des and MURP & MBA. The selected candidates will get admission in NITs, IIITs, IIEST, SPAs, Central Universities and other centrally funded & premier technical institutes.
The candidates looking to participate in DASA PG 2021 admission process needs to fill the online application form. MNNIT will not conduct any entrance exam, the admission will granted on the basis of GRE/ GMAT Test scores.
DASA PG 2021 application form is now available 19th July 2021.
DASA PG 2021 Important Highlights
The aspiring candidates should take a look at the important highlights of DASA PG 2021 admission process given below:
- The aspirants need to submit the application form only in online mode. The applications submitted via any other mode will be rejected.
- There is no age limit to apply for DASA PG.
- The candidates will be selected strictly on the merit of GRE/ GMAT Test scores submitted by them.
- All the selected foreign nationals must have a valid student visa issued by the Indian Mission Abroad. Applicants from Nepal who do not have a passport need to submit Authenticated Citizenship Card.
- The selected candidates also need to submit the medical fitness certificate issued by an authorized medical practitioner in their home country or India. Alternatively, the candidates can opt for going through a medical fitness test at the time of reporting at the institute.
- The medium of instruction at all the institutes will be English.
The important dates regarding the DASA 2021 are given in the table below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||Available|
|Last date to submit application form||—|
|1st round of seat allotment process||—|
|Confirmation by the candidates selected in 1st round of seat allotment||—|
|2nd round of seat allotment process||—|
|Confirmation by the candidates selected in 2nd round of seat allotment||—|
|Reporting to the allotted institutes||—|
DASA PG Eligibility Criteria 2021
The eligibility criteria for DASA PG 2021 exam will be as follows:
- There is no age restriction for DASA PG 2021
- The candidates must have cleared the 4/ 5 year UG programme in the field of Engineering/ Technology with the relevant subjects for admission to M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan./M.Des./MURP courses. For MBA program the applicant must have a UG degree recognized by the association of Indian universities/ UGC/ AICTE/ other statutory bodies as applicable.
- The aspirant must have scored at least 60% aggregate marks (6.50 CGPA on the scale of 10) in the qualifying exam. The candidates appearing for the qualifying exam and expecting their result to be released by 15th September 2021 can also apply.
- In addition to the qualifying exam, the candidates must have a valid minimum total of 300 GRE Revised General Test Score (Verbal + Quantitative) for M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan./M.Des admission. For MBA, the aspirant must have a minimum of 480 GMAT Test score.
- In case the GRE is taken prior to 1st August 2013, then the candidates must have a valid minimum total of 1200 GRE Revised General Test Score (Verbal + Quantitative).
- Please note that some M.Tech scores also have their special eligibility criteria that can be found on the DASA website i.e. www.dasanit.org. In order to get the admission, the candidate must fulfill these special eligibility criteria as well.
The aspirant must fulfill any of the residential criteria given below:
- Foreign nationals, PIOs, and OCIs who have passed the undergraduate degree course from any country including India.
- Indian citizens who have completed their UG degree course outside India.
- Indian citizens having NRI status from the last three years after getting a UG degree from India.
- Citizens of India completed UG programme in any of the CFTIs under the DASA scheme.
- Indian candidates who have completed graduation from India but have complete their 11th and 12th standard (or equivalent) from outside of India.
DASA PG Application Form 2021
- In order to submit the DASA PG 2021 application form, the candidates need to register themselves using a valid Email ID.
- After registration, the candidates will get an applicant ID and password.
- To access the application form, the candidates then need to log in using the email address and password.
- In the application form, the candidates have to enter all the necessary educational and personal details.
- Apart from the details, the candidates need to upload their password size photograph, signature and other relevant documents.
- After filling the application form, the candidate should check the preview of the application form by clicking on the “Preview application form” button.
- Once submitted, the candidates cannot make any changes in the application form.
Documents to be uploaded with the application form
- Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who does not have a passport can apply with a copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card)
- Date of Birth Proof (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate or other certificate issued by the Government authorities)
- Grade Card/ Mark sheets of Qualifying examination semesters.
- Degree/provisional certificate (If the degree course is completed)
- Course completion certificate (for the candidates awaiting results)
- Proof for residential eligibility requirement for the Indian candidates having completed their undergraduate degree from India – Proof of NRI status from last three years after graduation from India, Proof of completing UG degree under DASA scheme, Proof of passing 11th and 12th standard from outside of India.
- Proof of payment of application fee.
- The candidates need to submit a total of USD 4300 along with the application form. Out of which USD 4000 is the tuition fee of the first semester and USD 300 is the registration fee.
- The students from SAARC nations will get a waiver of 50% in the tuition fee. It means they have to submit USD 2300 along the application form. USD 2000 as the tuition fee and USD 300 as the registration fee.
- Aspirants from Nepal and Bhutan have the option to pay the fees either in USD or equivalent Indian rupees (in case the payment is made from the banks in Bhutan or Nepal). However, if the candidates pay the fees in rupees then they have to submit Exchange Rate Certificate from the bankers along with the application form.
- The candidates can pay the application fee either via SWIFT Transfer or E-Payment.
- Merit list for all the eligible candidates will be drawn on the basis of GRE or GMAT test score.
- Only those candidates will be considered for merit list preparation who will submit their GRE/ GMAT score to MNNIT Allahabad before the last date directly through ETS/ GMAC.
- In case of a tie for M.Tech admission, the candidate with a better GRE analytical writing score will be preferred.
- If a tie occurs for MBA admission, the aspirant with a better GMAT Analytical writing assessment score will be selected.
- The seats will be allotted on the basis of merit list and choice filled by the candidates on their application form.
- The list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the online DASA 2021 admission portal.
- Please note that the authorities will not send individual allotment letter or email to the candidates who will get selected.
- The selected candidates need to submit their confirmation for the acceptance of allotted seat within a stipulated time.