By CUCET exam pattern, we simply mean the structure in which the overall question paper will be constructed for the CUCET exam. Candidates who aspire to enroll in various UG/PH/Research programs offered by 11 central universities need to appear for the exam to be eligible for the admission. After filling the form, it is important for candidates to know what the CUCET exam pattern actually is in order to gain an edge over their competitors. With the help of the CUCET exam pattern it will be easy for the candidates to have an idea of the exam and thus they can plan their preparation accordingly.
Through this article, we aim to provide you with useful insights on the CUCET Exam pattern so that it could benefit you in the examination and help in cracking it efficiently. Candidates are recommended to go through the article to know more.
CUCET Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Exam Duration||Two Hours|
|Sections||Two i.e. Part A and B|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark will be awarded for each right response|
|Negative Marking||0.25 mark will be deducted in case of incorrect response|
|Part||Description||No, of Questions||Marks|
|A||English Language, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude and Analytical Skills||25||25|
- For admission to some Integrated Programmes/B.Voc./MBA/MCA/LLB or any other general Programme, only one paper will be held carrying 100 marks and will cover the below-mentioned topics –
Data interpretations/numerical ability
- The Part B of the paper will depend on the course opted by a candidate for e.g. UGQP01 will consist of four sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. A candidate will be required to attempt any three sections with a combination of either PCM or PCB.
- Candidates will be given an OMR answer sheet and Question Paper booklet in the exam.
- The OMR answer sheet should be marked by ball pen only.
- Candidate will have to choose only one answer to mark in the OMR sheet. Multiple entries will be treated as the wrong answer and will lead to negative marking.
- On completion of the exam, candidates will be allowed to take the question booklet along with the duplicate copy of the answer sheet on submitting the original one to the invigilator.
Here is the prescribed syllabus for CUCET exam:
For UG programs
Candidate aspiring for admission in undergraduate programs will need to prepare for the exam as per the subjects studied in class 11th and 12th, for e.g. PCM/PCB with English.
For PG Programs
Candidates aspiring for admission into postgraduate programs will need to prepare according to the subjects studied during UG program. For e.g. for admission into M.Tech, candidates need to prepare subjects studied during B.tech.