CUCET 2023 (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) will be conducted to select candidates for admission into 14 Central Universities established in different states and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics, Bengaluru. Online applications to appear in the exam are released from the month of March onwards. Interested candidates can fill and submit their applications before the last specified date. OMR based entrance test is conducted followed by the counseling session. Candidates can check the rest details of the CUCET 2023 from this article.
Latest: UGC is most likely to release CUET 2023 calendar in 2nd week of December 2022.
- Different universities might have different criteria for similar programmes. As such the candidates must thoroughly check the eligibility for the course for which they are applying in the particular university.
- Applicants are required to have a valid personal email ID and mobile number which should be kept active during the entire admission process, so that the university may send important communications regarding entrance test.
- Applicants can apply for a particular programme for a maximum of 3 PUs with a maximum of 3 options of programmes in each of the selected PU.
- In case the applicants appear in a paper in exam other than the one specified in their application form/ admit card, their exam will be cancelled.
- The counseling session will be conducted at each university/ institute separately and notified accordingly on their respective websites.
CUCET 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to CUCET 2023 are mentioned in the table below.
|Online application form release date||December 2022|
|Last date to submit online application||To be announced|
|Issue of admit card||To be announced|
|Date of entrance test||To be announced|
|Display of answer key||To be announced|
|Submission of grievance against answer key||To be announced|
|Revised answer key publication||To be announced|
|Announcement of result||To be announced|
CUCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility for different courses for which CUCET is held is discussed below. Different participating Central Universities might have their certain specific requirements. Candidates are suggested to make sure they fulfill them before applying for the exam.
- For UG courses: The candidates should have completed their class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board in order to be eligible for admission into undergraduate courses. For different courses, there might be different specific criteria that must be checked by the students before applying.
- For PG courses: Basic eligibility includes a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in the relevant field. Depending on the course, there can be certain specific eligibility too that must be checked by the applicants.
- For PhD courses: Those with a postgraduate degree earned from a recognized university can apply for PhD/ M.Phil courses. The degree should be earned in the relevant field. For specific courses, the students are advised to check specific criteria.
CUCET 2023 Application Form
- Candidates will be able to apply online for the CUCET 2023. The application form for the same can be obtained from the official website www.cucetexam.in.
- Basic personal and educational details of the candidates such as name, gender, category, qualifying exam passing year, etc will be asked in the application form.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Care should be taken to not commit any mistake while filling the application form as incorrect applications are liable for cancellation.
- Once providing all the details into the application form, the candidates can submit it with the required application fee.
- Payment of application fee can be done online using credit card/ debit card or internet banking.
- After successful submission of the application form, the candidates are suggested to take its printout and keep it safe for future reference.
|General/ OBC/ EWS candidates||Rs. 800/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 350/-|
|International candidates||Rs. 3500/-|
CUCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Check below the overview of CUCET 2023 exam pattern:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each right answer
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer (no negative marking for research programmes)
|Sections||Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Section A||English Language, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude & Analytical Skills||25||25|
|Section B||Domain knowledge question||75||75|
CUCET Admit Card 2023
- The candidates who registered themselves successfully will be able to download their CUCET 2023 admit card from the official website.
- To download the admit card, the candidates need to provide their registration details such as application number, date of birth, etc.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken and carried to the exam center or else the candidates will not be allowed entry into the examination hall.
- Admit card will only be available online and will not be sent though post, courier or any other means.
CUCET 2023 Answer Key
- Around one week after the commencement of exam, the authorities will release the answer key.
- Those not satisfied with the answer key can submit their grievances against the same through email.
- Grievances received from applicants will be evaluated by committee of experts and their decision will be final.
- The final answer key will also be released on the CUCET’s website.
CUCET 2023 Result 2023
- The result of the centralised entrance test is expected to be announced in the month of June 2023.
- No request for re-evaluation of the answer sheet will be considered from the students.
- After declaration of result, counseling of the qualified candidates will be conducted.
- Candidates will have to get their documents verified at the time of counseling after which they will be offered final admission.
CUCET 2023 FAQs
Question 1: While filling the application form, my window closed unexpectedly. Do I need to start filling the application from the beginning?
Answer: The applicants can fill the application form partially and login again to complete it at any later time before the last date.
Question 2: Can I apply for more than one universities participating under CUCET 2023?
Answer: In case the candidates wish to opt for more than one participating university with additional programmes, they can do so by selecting the “Add On” option and paying the prescribed fee.
Question 3: How can I know what test center has been allotted to me?
Answer: Details of the test center will be mentioned on the admit card. Candidates will earlier be provided a chance to select the test center city of their choice while filling the application form.
Question 4: I have not completed my qualifying exam. Can I still apply for CUCET 2023?
Answer: Candidates who will complete their qualifying degree before the beginning of counseling and are able to produce the relevant documents during verification can apply for the exam.
Question 5: Once the exam is over, what documents can I carry back with me?
Answer: The question paper and the duplicate copy of the OMR sheet.