The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) will conduct the COMEDK UGET 2022 exam to screen the candidates for admission to undergraduate engineering courses. The exam will be conducted in online mode and the interested candidates have to fill and submit the application form before the last date.
Candidates should ensure their eligibility before applying for the exam. The authorities will also provide a mock test for the candidates to be more familiar with the online exam. In this article, we will discuss complete details regarding the COMEDK UGET 2022 exam.
Latest- COMEDK UGET 2022 application form will released on 14th March 2022.
COMEDK UGET 2022 to be held on 19th June 2022.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Important Dates
The interested candidates can check the official schedule for the COMEDK UGET 2022 exam from the table given below.
|Important Events||Official Dates|
|Starting of online registration||14th March 2022|
|Availability of COMEDK UGET Mock Test||15th April 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd May 2022|
|Release of admit card||6th June 2022|
|Date of exam||19th June 2022|
|Publication of provisional answer keys||22nd June 2022|
|Last date to submit an objection against the answer keys||24th June 2022|
|Release of final answer keys||30th June 2022|
|Declaration of Result||5th July 2022|
COMEDK UGET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The aspiring candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria given below in order to appear for the COMEDK UGET 2022 exam.
For UG Engineering Courses (B.E/ B.Tech)
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects and any one of the Biology/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Electronics/ Computer science as an optional subject.
- The applicants should have obtained at least 45% marks in PCM (40% for the candidates from SC, ST and OBC categories). An individual pass in each of the subject is also required.
Note: Diploma holders are not eligible as there is no provision for lateral entry.
For UG Architecture Courses (B.Arch)
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks in 10+2 (45% for the candidates from SC, ST and OBC categories)
Note: There will be no entrance exam for UG Architecture Course, the admission will be based NATA.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Application Form
The interested candidates have to register themselves online in order to apply for the COMEDK UGET 2022 exam. The candidates must have a valid email id and phone number in order to register for the exam. After registration, the applicants have to enter all the educational, personal and contact details in the application form such as name, category, gender, qualifying exam details, address etc.
The candidates are advised to enter the authentic details only, as the documents will be verified during the later stages of the admission process. Apart from details, the applicants have to upload the scanned copies of their photograph, signature, ID Proof and parent signature in the application form. There is no requirement to send the hardcopy of the application form to the university. However, the candidates should keep a printout of duly filled application form for future reference.
The Application Fee will be as follows:
- For COMEDK UGET 2020: Rs. 1300/-
- For COMEDK UGET and UNIGAUGE both: Rs. 2100/-
COMEDK UGET 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for COMEDK UGET 2022 exam will be as follows:
Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
Medium of Exam: English Only.
Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions will be asked.
No. of Questions: 180
Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
Marking Scheme: 1 Mark will be awarded for a correct answer
Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking.
Subject-wise distribution of Questions
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
COMEDK UGET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for COMEDK UGET 2022 exam is based on the curriculum of class 12th / 10+2/ 2nd PUC. The aspiring candidates can check important topics for each subject as given below:
Mathematics: Matrices, Determinants, Differentiability, Binomial Theorem, Applications of Derivatives, Inverse trigonometric functions, Linear and Quadratic Inequalities, Vectors, Probability, Three-dimensional Geometry, Limits and Continuity, Permutation and Combination etc.
Physics: Laws of Motion, Electromagnetic waves, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Current Electricity, Communication Systems, Atoms & Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Electrostatics etc.
Chemistry: d and f – Block Elements and Coordination Compounds, Hydrocarbons, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Biomolecules and Polymers, Environmental Chemistry, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Solid State, Chemical Equilibrium, s- Block & p-Block Elements and metallurgy, Nitrogen containing Organic compounds, Oxygen containing Organic compounds etc.
How to Prepare for COMEDK UGET 2022 Exam?
The aspiring candidates can follow the tips and tricks mentioned below in order to prepare for the COMEDK UGET exam.
- First of all, read and understand the exam pattern & syllabus for the COMEDK UGET exam. This will help you plan your studies in a proper way.
- Make a well structured and practical timetable for your studies. Remember your timetable should not be overloaded with unrealistic goals.
- Collect proper study material for your preparation.
- Start by brushing up your basic concepts. The strong basics will let you understand the other advanced topics easily.
- Increase your problem solving speed by practicing at least 2 previous year question papers and mock tests on a weekly basis.
- Keep revising the topics you have studied on a regular basis.
- Keeping yourself healthy and fit during the course of preparation is also important. So, make sure you eat healthy and have proper sleep.
Recommended Books of COMEDK UGET 2022
NCERTs are undoubtedly the best books for COMEDK UGET preparation. In addition to the NCERTs, the candidates may follow the other help books given below:
- IIT JEE Physics by D.C. Pandey
- HC Verma Concept of Physics Part 1 and Part 2
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
- Class 11th and 12th Mathematics by R.D. Sharma
- IIT Mathematics by M.L. Khanna
COMEDK UGET 2022 Admit Card
The candidates who will register successfully and pays the application fee before the last date can download the admit card from the official website. The candidates have to log into their account in order to download the admit card. The candidates should check the details mentioned on the admit card very carefully and contact the authorities immediately in case of any discrepancy.
It is mandatory for every candidate to carry the hard copy of a downloaded admit card along with a photo id proof at the time of exam. No candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card. Please note that the admit card is an important document which should be kept preserved for future requirement.
COMEDK UGET Result 2022
Before the declaration of result, the university will release the provisional answer keys on the official website. The candidates can also raise an objection against the provisional answer keys. After analyzing the candidates’ objections, the authorities will release the final answer key on the official website. Soon after the release of final answer keys, the result of COMEDK UGET 2022 will be made available on the official website.
Along with the result the merit list of the selected candidates will be published online. In case of a tie, the candidate with less number of negative responses will get a better merit position.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Counselling
The candidates successful in the COMEDK UGET exam will be invited to participate in the Counselling process. The schedule for counselling will be updated on official website after the announcement of result. During the counseling process, the candidate has to choose the branch of engineering which he/she wants to study. The admission will be confirmed only after the verification of original documents.