CMC Vellore MBBS, B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc, MPH Admission 2020
CMC Vellore will invite applications from the interested candidates for admission into its MBBS, B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc and MPH courses. For all other courses, except MBBS for which admission is based in NEET rank, entrance test will be conducted. The application forms for admission to Group A(MBBS, BSc Nursing) & Group B(Diploma Nursing. Candidates will have to apply online as per the specified schedule to be considered for selection process. Detailed information related to CMC Vellore MBBS, B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc, MPH Admission 2020 is provided in this article.
Latest: CMC Vellore application form for MBBS, B.Sc Nursing & Diploma Nursing has been released now.
- All the enclosures sent to CMC Vellore must contain the application number of the candidates.
- Anybody requiring assistance for filling the application form online may contact the Registrar’s office in person.
- The allotment of exam city would be as per the order of preference given by the applicant in the application.
- For MBBS admission, the rank of candidate in NEET 2020 and rank provided Tamil Nadu Selection Committee will be taken into consideration.
- Admission into rest other courses (B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc and MPH) will be given on the basis of entrance exam followed by special test and interview.
- Same admission process will be carried out for NRI candidates as for the regular students. There is no NRI quota.
- Candidates can apply for multiple courses via a single application form, given they meet the eligibility.
- Those appearing for the qualifying exam in 2020 are eligible to apply, provided the mark sheets and pass certificates are available before practical tests and interviews.
The dates related to CMC Vellore Admission 2020 are provided in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||12th February 2020|
|Last date to submit application form and fee||26th March 2020|
|Last date to submit supporting documents||2nd April 2020|
|Last date for receipt of certification forms from Minority Network Organizations||Yet to be announced|
|Online submission of NEET score||Yet to be announced|
|Online submission of AR number & Rank of TN management Quota 2020||Yet to be announced|
|Admit card||Yet to be announced|
|Date of entrance exam||B.Sc Nursing-12th May 2020|
Group B- 12th May 2020
|Declaration of result of entrance exam||For B.Sc Nursing- May 2020, 3rd week|
|For M.Sc- May 2020, 3rd week|
|For MPH- May 2020, 3rd week|
|Special test and interview date||For B.Sc Nursing- July 2020, 4th week|
|For M.Sc- July 2020, last week|
|For MPH- June 2020, 2nd week|
|Final result announcement||For B.Sc Nursing- July 2020, last week|
|For M.Sc- August 2020, 1st week|
|For MPH- June 2020, 2nd week|
|Commencement of registration for admission||For B.Sc Nursing- August 2020, 3rd week|
|For M.Sc- August 2020, 3rd week|
|For MPH- June 2020, 2nd week (MPH)|
|Beginning of classes||For B.Sc Nursing- September 2020, 2nd week|
|For M.Sc- August 2020, 4th week|
|For MPH- June 2020, last week|
Check below the details of eligibility criteria for CMC Vellore MBBS, B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc, MPH Admission 2020:
For MBBS course:
- The candidate must have passed class 12th exam with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English from a recognized board.
- A minimum aggregate of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology (40% for SC/ ST/ MC/ MBC candidates) is required.
- Additionally, the candidates should also have passed individually in these subjects and in English.
- Candidates should also have obtained a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in NEET 2020 (40th percentile for SC/ ST candidates).
- The applicants should have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2020.
For B.Sc Nursing course:
- Only unmarried women candidates are eligible to apply.
- Those who have cleared class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English subjects are eligible.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST candidates) in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually.
- The minimum and maximum age of candidates as on 31st December 2020 should be 17 and 30 years (35 years for SC/ST candidates) respectively.
For M.Sc courses:
- Sc Epidemiology: Candidates with the following degree are eligible to apply- MBBS/ BDS/ M.Pharma or M.Sc in Nursing/ Biostatistics/ Statistics/ Nutrition/ Biochemistry/ Anatomy/ Physiology/ Pharmacology/ Microbiology or other medical related M.Sc or B.V.Sc/ BAMS/ BUMS/ BHMS/ BSMS/ MPT/ MOT/ MPH.
- Sc Biostatistics: A degree in B.Sc with Statistics as main or allied subjects is required in order to be eligible.
- Sc Medical Physics: Candidates with B.Sc (Physics) degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects can apply.
For MPH (Master of Public Health) course:
Applicants with the following degree are eligible for MPH course- MBBS, BDS, B.V.Sc, B.Sc Nursing, BPT, BOT, graduates of Ayush courses, Pharmacy & Engineering graduates, Postgraduates in Statistics/ Biostatistics, Demography, Population Studies, Nutrition, Sociology, Economics, Psychology, Anthropology, Social Work, Management or Law.
Application forms for CMC Vellore Admission 2020 will be released in online mode. Candidates can obtain the application form by visiting the official website of CMC Vellore admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide personal details, academic details and upload their photograph and signature.
- Candidates applying for more than one course must list their course choice in order of preference in the form.
- Email id and mobile must be entered very carefully into the form as they can be used for future correspondence.
- The application form duly filled and complete in every manner can now be submitted along with the application fee.
- After submission of form and fee, application number will be generated that will be used as user id for further candidate login.
- Although there is no need to send the hard copy of the application form, the candidates must submit proof of payment (if done via challan) and all the other required enclosures where applicable to the Office of the Registrar, CMC, Vellore 632002.
- MBBS applicants have to sign in to their account using application number and date of birth and enter their NEET 2020 roll number, score and All India rank at our website once NEET results are declared.
- Similarly after the Tamil Nadu Selection Committee releases the rank list, candidates will have to enter their Tamil Nadu Management quota rank number and ARNo.
The following documents wherever applicable should be sent to CMC Vellore so as to reach before the specified last date:
- Copy of community/ caste certificate duly signed by Dy. Tahsildar or District Magistrate (if the certificate is not in English, an attested English Translation should be attached)
- Application for UG college recommendation for Minority Network category for Christians with other required documents
- Application for Nursing college recommendation for Minority Network category for Christians with other required documents
- The application fee will comprise of administrative fee of Rs. 800/- and a registration fee of Rs. 500/- for each course applied for.
- Payment of application fee can be done online using credit card/ debit card/ net banking or via ICICI bank challan.
- For candidates of SAARC countries the administrative fee and registration fee will be Rs. 1700/- each.
- For candidates of rest countries, the administrative fee will be USD 100 and registration fee will be USD 125 (USD 100 for M.Sc & MPH courses).
Basic overview of CMC Vellore B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc, MPH exam pattern 2020 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Type of question: Objective type
- Medium of test: English
- Number of questions: 240 for B.Sc Nursing
- Duration of exam: 120 minutes + 50 minutes + 20 minutes for B.Sc Nursing
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be given for each right answer
- Negative marking: No negative marking
- Un-attempted questions: 1/5th of the allotted mark will be given for every unanswered question
- Important topics:
- For B.Sc Nursing: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Aptitude Assessment
- For M.Sc & MPH: Topics from undergraduate course level and General Ability
For B.Sc Nursing course:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Duration|
|Physics, Chemistry & Biology||120||120 minutes|
|General Ability I||60||50 minutes|
|General Ability II||60||20 minutes|
Note: In case the course requires a special paper, the test will comprise of 90 questions related to the particular subject and the duration will be 90 minutes.
- Admit card of the successfully registered candidates will be released on the official website of CMC.
- Using application number as ‘user name’ and date of birth as ‘password’, the candidates can download their hall ticket.
- Complete details of the entrance exam such as venue, date and time will be published on the admit card.
- Applicants reporting for exam must carry with them a printout of the admit card.
- Those without a valid admit card will be debarred from entering the exam hall and taking their exam.
The entrance exam for B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc and MPH will be conducted in the following cities:
Bhubaneswar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Calicut, Delhi, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kottayam, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagercoil, Pondicherry, Salem, Thiruvananthapuram, Vellore and Vijayawada
Result & Admission
- The result of all the courses for which entrance exams are conducted will be declared as per the specified schedule.
- Qualified candidates will have to appear in the next round of selection process, i.e., special test and interview.
- A list of the candidates shortlisted for the second step will be made and released on the notice boards in the College and Main Hospital campuses, CMC, Vellore and also on official website.
- Special tests and Interviews for selection to the various courses will be held at Vellore. Reporting candidates must carry with them the original documents for verification.
- Final merit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of their combined performance in online test, special test and interview.
- Physical counseling of the finally selected candidates will take place at the venue specified by the selection committee details of which will be made available on the official website.
- Finally selected candidates should report to the allotted institute to complete the formalities of admissions with given time limit.