The Common Management Admission Test 2022 which is abbreviated as CMAT 2022 is a national level entrance test to be organized by National Testing Agency (NTA). This test is conducted with an aim to shortlist the graduate candidates for admissions to various management programs across. CMAT 2022 score is accepted by all the institutes and universities approved by AICTE (over 1000 participating institutes).
NTA will conduct this exam in online mode. In this post, we will discuss complete details regarding the CMAT 2022 such as important dates, exam pattern, preparation strategy, recommended books etc.
Latest- CMAT 2022 admit card is now available.
CMAT 2022 application form has been released online on 16th February 2022.
CMAT 2022 Important Dates
The official schedule of CMAT 2022 exam is elaborated in the table given below.
|Starting of online registration||16th February 2022|
|Last date to submit online application form||17th March 2022, (upto 11:50 P.M.)|
|Admit card||6th April 2022|
|Date of exam||9th April 2022|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
The candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below in order to appear for the CMAT 2022 exam:
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate with a graduation degree in any discipline may apply for the CMAT exam.
- Applicants appearing for the final year exam of graduation in the year 2022, whose result will be declared before starting of admission for the academic year 2022-23 can also apply.
There is no restriction in terms of age of candidates for appearing in the exam.
CMAT 2022 Application Form
The candidates can register for CMAT 2022 exam from 16th February 2022. After registration, the candidates will receive a unique password of 6 digits which will be used for all future logins.
The aspirant will be able to access the application form after the registration. The candidates have to fill all the mandatory details in the application form and upload passport size photograph & signature. It is recommended that the candidates should take a printout of duly filled application form for future reference.
Please keep following ready before you start applying for CMAT 2022
- A working computer with good Internet connectivity
- Your qualification details
- Scanned copy of passport size photographs in JPG/JPEG format with size between 10 kb–200 kb
- Scanned copy of signature in JPG/JPEG format with size between 4 kb–30 kb
- A valid email ID as further communication will be made through this
- A valid mobile number as further communication will be sent through SMS to the given number
- Valid credit/debit card number in case of making payment online
- A printer should be connected to your system in order to take a printout of e-challan and confirmation page
- Download the information brochure and follow instructions as provided there to apply
How to Apply Online?
Here are the steps mentioned to apply online:
Step 1: Complete the registration and note down the system generated application number. Candidates further need to enter few more details to generate password. Choose security questions and their respective answer. You can use the application number for further subsequent logins.
Step 2: You can further login to your account using the system generated application number and password for completing the application form.
Step 3: Upload scanned copy of photograph and signature. Both the images should be in JPG/JPEG format. Size of the photograph should be in between 10 kb to 200 kb, whereas, the size of the signature needs to be in between 4 kb to 30 kb. Upload the correct photograph as further corrections won’t be allowed.
Step 4: Candidates need to choose the Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking for making payment of application fee. Upon successful payment, a confirmation page would be generated. In case the confirmation page is not generated upon successful payment of fee then the transaction stands cancelled and the amount will be refunded back to your account. You need to make a fresh transaction in that case.
The application fee for CMAT 2022 exam will be Rs .1400/- (Rs. 700/- for SC, ST, Female and PwD candidates). Additional bank charges will also be applicable.
Mode of Payment
- The application fee can be paid online by using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
- The candidates will also have the options to pay application fee in cash at SBI branches by using e-challan prints.
CMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for CMAT 2022 exam is given below:
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Examination)
- Duration of Exam: 180 Minutes
- No. of Questions: 100
- Scoring pattern: 4 Marks will be awarded for a correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1 Mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
- Subjects: Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, General Awareness, Language Comprehension and Logical Reasoning.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
List of Exam Cities
- GUNTUR, Andhra Pradesh
- KURNOOL, Andhra Pradesh
- NELLORE, Andhra Pradesh
- RAJAHMUNDRY, Andhra Pradesh
- TIRUPATI, Andhra Pradesh
- VIJAYAWADA, Andhra Pradesh
- VISAKHAPATNAM, Andhra Pradesh
- Assam, Guwahati
- Patna, Bihar
- CHANDIGARH/MOHALI/PANCHKULA, CHANDIGARH
- BHILAI/DURG/BHILAI NAGAR, CHHATTISGARH
- RAIPUR, CHHATTISGARH
- DELHI/NEW DELHI
- PANAJI/MADGAON, Goa
- AHMEDABAD, Gujarat
- ANAND, Gujarat
- BHAVNAGAR, Gujarat
- GANDHINAGAR, Gujarat
- KADI/MEHSANA, Gujarat
- Rajkot, Gujarat
- Surat, Gujarat
- Vadodara, Gujarat
- FARIDABAD, Haryana
- GURUGRAM, Haryana
- Hisar, Haryana
- Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir
- Dhanbad, Jharkhand
- Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- Ranchi, Jharkhand
- BELAGAVI(BELGAUM), Karnataka
- BENGALURU, Karnataka
- DAVANAGERE, Karnataka
- DHARWAD, Karnataka
- GULBARGA, Karnataka
- MANGALURU, Karnataka
- MYSORE, Karnataka
- Kochi, Kerala
- KOZHIKODE, Kerala
- THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, Kerala
- BHOPAL, MP
- GWALIOR, MP
- INDORE, MP
- JABALPUR, MP
- AHMEDNAGAR, Maharashtra
- AMRAVATI, Maharashtra
- AURANGABAD (MR), Maharashtra
- DHULE, Maharashtra
- KOLHAPUR, Maharashtra
- MUMBAI, Maharashtra
- Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Nanded, Maharashtra
- Nashik, Maharashtra
- NAVI MUMBAI, Maharashtra
- PUNE, Maharashtra
- SOLAPUR, Maharashtra
- THANE, Maharashtra
- BHUBANESWAR, Odisha
- SAMBALPUR, Odisha
- AMRITSAR, Punjab
- BHATINDA, Punjab
- LUDHIANA, Punjab
- JAIPUR, Rajasthan
- Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- COIMBATORE, Tamil Nadu
- MADURAI, Tamil Nadu
- TIRUNELVELI, Tamil Nadu
- HYDERABAD, Telangana
- WARANGAL, Telangana
- AGARTALA, Tripura
- ALLAHABAD/PRAYAGRAJ, UP
- BAREILLY, UP
- GHAZIABAD, UP
- GREATER NOIDA/NOIDA, UP
- Kanpur, UP
- Lucknow, UP
- Meerut, UP
- Varanasi, UP
- Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Kolkata, West Bengal
CMAT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for CMAT 2022 is quite wide which covers a lot of topics. The subject wise important topics for CMAT 2022 exam is given below:
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation: Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Tabulation, Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Partnership, Pipes and Cisterns, Percentages, Work and time, mensuration, Algebra, Algebra, Fraction and Decimals, Graph, Number Systems, Allegation & Mixtures etc.
- Language Comprehension: Paragraph Completion, English Usage Errors, Sentence Correction, English Grammar, Jumbled Para, Jumbled Para, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Improvement, Synonyms and Antonyms etc.
- Logical Reasoning: Analytical Reasoning, Statements Arguments, Linear Arrangements, Matrix Arrangements, Blood Relationship Tests, Coding and Decoding, Inferences, Symbol Based Problems, Ranking Tests, Statements Assumptions, Direction and Distance Test etc.
- General Awareness: Trade Awareness, Politics, History, Science in the Everyday Life, Economics, Current Affairs of National and International Economy, Indian Constitution etc.
How to prepare for CMAT 2022?
CMAT is one of top management entrance exams in India. It is expected that a large number of candidates will be appearing for this exam in the year 2022. However, still, there is an ample time left for this exam and candidates can prepare really well. Here are some tips that will certainly helps the candidates aspiring to appear for this exam.
- Plan your studies: You should study in a well-planned manner, make a proper timetable and follow it with a disciplined approach.
- Read Current Affair magazine: The General awareness section will be consisting of 25 Questions in the CMAT 2020. Make sure you read current affair magazine to do well in this section.
- Solve mock test and previous year’s question papers: Previous years question papers and sample paper will give you a better understanding of exam pattern.
- Practice is the key to success: The reasoning and mathematics section needs rigorous practice. Ensure that you are not short of practice while appearing for the exam.
- Stay tension-free and positive: Don’t let anxieties ruin your preparation, you should stay positive and prepare for the exam with full spirit.
CMAT Recommended Books 2022
The aspirants can follow the books mentioned below for the CMAT 2022 preparation:
- Quantitative Aptitude by Abhijit Guha
- Test of reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
- Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal
CMAT Admit Card 2022
CMAT 2022 admit card has been released now. The candidates have to login to their account using the registration id and password in order to download the admit card. It will be mandatory for every applicant to carry valid admit card along with one photo id proof (in original) at the examination center. SC/ST candidates will be required to carry caste certificate in original and an attested copy at the exam center.
CMAT 2022 Result
The result and ranks of the candidates will be published on the official website. As per the marks scored by the candidates in the exam, an all India merit list will also be released on the official website. Please note, the authorities will not send the scorecards by email or post.