CEED Eligibility Criteria: The exam conducting body i.e. IIT Bombay has set some eligibility norms for the CEED Exam that candidate have to satisfy in order to participate in the exam and admission process. The eligibility criteria of CEED gives details related required academic qualification, age limit, qualifying percentile & marks, and the number of attempts, etc. Interested candidates should check the eligibility criteria of CEED carefully before starting the application form fill up procedure. Candidates who fulfill all the eligibility conditions as set by the authority will be considered eligible to attempt the CEED examination. CEED is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design courses at IIT Bombay, IISc Bangalore, IIT Delhi, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, and IIITDM Jabalpur, and to Ph.D courses in Design at IIT Bombay, IISc Bangalore, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, and IIT Hyderabad. The exam will consist of two parts i.e. part- A (online screening test) and part B (paper-based test). The duration is given to attempt Part- A is 1 hour and 2 hours to complete part B. Please note that qualifying in CEED only does not promise admission to any of these above-said courses. The participating institutes will verify the eligibility, the category certificates and other documents along with the CEED score and may also organize further tests and/or interviews for the final selection or admission of the candidate.
CEED Eligibility criteria
Aspirants before proceeding to apply online to the CEED for the academic session 2021 must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid down by the IIT Bombay.
Qualifying Examination: Candidate should have done a diploma/ degree/postgraduate degree of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level).
The candidate who done GD Arts diploma course (10+5 level) by July 2020 are also eligible to apply for the exam.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply for CEED exam.
Age bar: There is no age limit to apply for the examination.
Number of attempts: There is no provision to appear in CEED exam.
CEED 2021 Examination Pattern
Candidates who are eligible to apply can check here the details about examination pattern. Understanding of CEED examination pattern is important to get clarity over the various aspects of the exam.
- The question paper of CEED will consist of two parts i.e. part A and part B. Part A is the qualifying test in which candidates are evaluated for appearing in part B.
- Candidates have to qualify both the parts of the test in order to be eligible for the admission process.
- Part A of the exam will be held online which includes multiple choice questions (MCQs) wherein Part B is a paper-based test designed to analyze candidate’s drawing/ sketching skills. It should be noted that the merit list will be decided strictly on the basis of part B of the CEED exam.
- For each correct answer, 2 marks will be rewarded to the candidate.
- The duration given to attempt part A is 1 hour and 2 hours to complete part B of CEED test.