Common Entrance Exam for Design 2023 abbreviated as CEED 2023 is a joint entrance exam to be conducted with an objective to provide M.Des and PhD. Admissions in various IITs and IISc. IIT Bombay is the organizing authority for this exam and the test will be held at around 21 cities across India. The candidates aspiring to appear for CEED 2023 exam needs to fill the application form from October 2022.
In this article, we will discuss complete details regarding the CEED 2023 exam such as important date, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria etc.
CEED 2023 Important Dates
The official dates for CEED 2023 exams are given below:
|Starting of online registration||October 2022|
|Last date to register without late fees||November 2022
|Last date to register with late fees Rs.500||November 2022|
|Admit card will be available from||1st January 2023|
|Date of CEED 2023 exam||January 2023|
|Declaration of scorecard||March 2023|
CEED Eligibility Criteria 2023
The eligibility criteria for CEED 2023 exam are as follows:
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree/ diploma/ PG degree of 4 years duration or 3+2 years after 12th.
- The aspirants having passed the GD Arts diploma (10+5 pattern) can also apply.
- The candidates who will appear in the final year exam of qualifying degree can also apply.
- There is no age limit or any restriction for the number of attempts in CEED exam.
CEED Application Form 2023
The application form for CEED 2023 will be filled and submitted through the online mode only. The candidates have to enter their complete academic and personal details in the application form. Apart from the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of the following document in the application form.
- Recent color passport size photograph.
- Copy of applicant’s signature
- Copy of degree and diploma certificate
- Category certificates
Please note that the application form should be submitted only in online mode, hard copies of any of the documents will not be accepted.
The CEED 2023 application fee must be submitted through the online mode by using a debit card, credit card or net banking. The application fees for different categories are as follows:
- For women/ SC/ ST/ Pwd Candidates: Rs. 1100/- + GST
- For all other candidates: Rs. 2200/- + GST
Note: The late fees will be Rs. 500/-
CEED 2023 Exam pattern
The CEED 2023 exam will be divided into two paper i.e. Part A and Part B. The answers sheet of Part B will be checked only if the candidate clears the Part A exam. Read more about the exam pattern:
Exam Pattern for Part A
Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
Duration of Exam: 1 Hour
Part A will test be designed to evaluate visual and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation and design sensitivity of the candidates
Exam Pattern for Part B
- Part B answers will be evaluated only if the candidate shortlisted after Part A exam.
- There will be 8 Questions in Part B, out of which Question no. 1 to 5 will be of 50 Marks. Candidates have to attempt any one of 50 marks questions.
- Mode of exam for Part B will be offline.
- Part B will be aimed at evaluating the design, drawing and writing skills of the candidates.
Note: The final CEED 2023 score will be evaluated by giving 25% weightage to the Part A and 75% weightage to the Part B.
CEED 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for CEED 2023 is also divided into Part A and Part B as given below:
Part A: Visualization and spatial ability, Environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving, Observation and design sensitivity etc.
Part B: Drawing, Creativity, Communication skills, Analytical and problem-solving skills etc.
CEED Preparation Strategy 2023
The candidates need to have a good aptitude and drawing skills in order to clear the CEED 2023. Here are some tips that candidates should follow in order to prepare for the CEED 2023 exam.
- Read different topics about visual communication and interaction design. Try to gain as much knowledge as possible regarding these topics.
- Solve previous question papers in a proper manner keeping time management in the back of your mind.
- Polish your drawing skill; draw different images from your daily life such as vegetables, objects, fruits etc.
- Always keep 3D perspective in your mind while practicing drawing.
CEED 2023 Recommended Books
- CEED 2023 will be an aptitude test and there are no specific guides or textbooks recommended for its preparation.
- The aspirants should practice their drawing, visualization and rendering skills.
- The candidates can also practice from the previous year’s question papers available at the official CEED website.
CEED 2023 Admit card
The admit card for CEED 2023 examination will be available for download through the official CEED website. Please note that the candidates should take a color printout of the admit card. The aspirants have to carry one photo identity proof in original such as PAN Card, voter ID, Aadhar etc. along with the admit card. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
Note: The candidates have to bring their own sketch pens, pencils, poster color and other drawing equipments at the examination center.
CEED 2023 Result
The result of CEED 2023 will be displayed on the official website of CEED i.e. www.ceed.iitb.ac.in. The score card of CEED 2023 will remain valid for 1 year from the date of its declaration. It is expected that the result of the CEED 2023 exam will be declared in the 1st week of March 2023.
The scorecard of CEED will have the photograph and signature submitted by the applicant while registration.