Common Entrance Exam for Design 2021 (CEED 2021) is a very prestigious entrance exam conducted in order to select the eligible candidates for admission to Master of Design (MDes), Ph.D. (Design) programme. IIT Bombay is responsible for conducting the CEED exam. The selected candidates will get the admission in popular institutes like IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur etc. It is a national level exam to be conducted at around 24 cities across India.
The application form for CEED 2021 has been released on 9th Sep 2020. The aspirant will be able to apply in online mode through the official website only.
The answer key for CEED 2021 is now available.
CEED 2021 admit card has been released now.
CEED 2021 application form is now available from 9th Sep 2020.
CEED 2021 Important Highlights
Here are some important highlights of the CEED 2021 exam that all the aspiring candidates should know:
- The candidates can apply for the CEED exam only in online mode. No other mode of application is allowed.
- The CEED exam consists of two parts i.e. Part A and Part B. Part A consists of Objective type question need to be answered on a computer. On the other hand, in part B the candidates have to write or draw their answers on a sheet.
- Answer sheets of Part B will be evaluated only if the candidate is shortlisted from Part A.
- Please note that the candidates should carry their own stationary material such as sketch pens, poster colors, pencils etc. while appearing for the CEED 2021 exam.
- The CEED score remains valid for the period of one year after the date of result declaration.
The official schedule for CEED 2021 exam is given below:
|Important Events||Official Dates|
|Starting of online registration||9th Sep 2020|
|Last date to register online||10th Oct 2020|
|Last date for registration with late fees||—|
|Availability of Admit Card||01 Jan 2021|
|Last date to rectify discrepancies in the admit card||07 Jan 2021|
|Date of CEED 2021 exam||17 Jan 2021|
|Release of provisional answer keys for Part A||21 Jan 2021|
|Last date to submit objections against the provisional answer keys for Part A||—|
|Release of final answer key for Part A||31 Jan 2021|
|Result Declaration||08 Mar 2021|
|Availability of scorecard for downloading||—|
CEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria given below in order to appear for the CEED 2021 exam.
- An applicant must have cleared the diploma/ degree / PG degree course of minimum 3 years duration after passing 10+2 exam.
- The candidates going to appear for the final year exam of diploma/ degree/ PG degree course in the year 2021 can also apply.
- The aspirants having passed the GD Arts diploma programme (in 10+5 pattern) can also apply. Such candidates must have passed the GD Arts diploma by July 2020.
Note: There is no age limit for CEED 2021. Also, the candidates can apply any number of times.
CEED Application Form 2021
- The interested candidates can register themselves for CEED 2021 exam in online mode through the official website i.e. www.ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- In the application form, the candidates have to provide all the required educational and contact details.
- In addition to the details, the candidates need to upload the scanned images of the following documents.
- Recent passport size colored photograph of the candidate.
- Signature of the candidate
- Degree/ Diploma certificate if the course is completed. In case the degree/ diploma certificate isn’t available then the candidate can upload the provisional certificate.
- In case the course is not complete then the applicant needs to upload the certificate issued by the principal of the college/ head of the department.
- Category Certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC – NCL)
- Physical Disability Certificate (If applicable)
- The candidates are advised to enter only the authentic details in the application form because the documents will be verified during the later stages of the admission process.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of any document.
- The application fee for all women and SC/ ST/ PwD candidates is Rs. 1300/-
- For all other candidates, the application fee is Rs. 2600/-
- The candidates need to pay the application fee in online mode only using a credit card, debit card or internet banking.
Note: The late fees of Rs. 500/- will be applicable for the candidates applying after the last date.
As stated earlier, the CEED 2021 exam will consist of two parts i.e. Part A and Part B. Here is the general exam pattern of CEED that the aspirants should know.
Exam Pattern for Part – A (Online Test)
- Mode of Exam: Computer-Based online test.
- Type of questions: Only objective type multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Duration of Exam: 1 hour
Exam Pattern for Part – B
- Mode of Exam: Offline (Questions will be displayed on a computer, the candidate need to write answers in the given answer book)
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours
- Total Marks: 100
Note: The answer books of Part B will be evaluated only if the candidate is selected in Part A. In the final CEED score, 25% weightage will be given to the marks scored by the candidate in Part A and 75% weightage will be given to marks scored by the candidate in Part B.
CEED 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for Part A and Part B of the CEED exam is given below:
- Part A: Visualization and spatial ability, Environmental and social awareness, Language and creativity, Analytical and logical reasoning, Observation and design sensitivity, Design thinking and problem solving etc.
- Part B: Drawing, Communication skills, Creativity, Analytical and problem solving skills.
- The admit card will be available for download on the official website.
- All the details regarding the CEED 2021 exam including exam dates, timing, exam center etc. will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Every candidate needs to download the colored printout of the admit card.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
- Along with the admit card, the candidate must also have a valid ID proof like a Voter ID card, Passport, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, ID card issued by College)
Check CEED answer key
CEED Result 2021
- The CEED 2021 result will be declared in online mode through the official website i.e. www.ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- The CEED score will remain valid only for one year from the date of result declaration.
- Please note that the authorities will share the information of CEED qualified candidates with the participating institutes.
JEE (Advanced) – UCEED-CEED 2021
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Phone: +91 22 2576 4063/ 9093/ 9094
E-mail: [email protected]