CEED 2018: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT, Bombay) carries out the ‘Common Entrance Examination for Design’ (CEED, 2018) every year to offer admission to the candidates aspiring to pursue ‘M.Des’. All the aspirants, who want to have Masters Degree in designing (M.Des) from different prominent institutions like IITs, IISc, can apply for the entrance exam and admission.
Candidates will be able to pursue Ph.D. programme also if they qualify the entrance exam and take admission in the IITs. This post contains all the information about the application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and the dates.
IIT Bombay has released CEED 2018 admit card on 1st January 2018. Scroll down to get the direct link.
Important dates regarding the CEED, 2018- Released
Applicants must have all the updates about the examination and admission for the desired courses. The following chart shows all the details of dates of different stages of the admission process:
|S.No.||Name of the Examination Events||Dates|
|1||Starting Date of filling the Application Form||9th October 2017|
|2||Last date for the submission of application form||10th November 2017|
|3||Last date of submitting of application form (with late fee)||11th to 17th November 2017|
|4||Date of issuing the admit card||1st January 2018|
|5||Date of commencement of the examination||20th January 2018|
|6||Release of the answer key for Part A||31st January 2018|
|9||Announcement of the result||5th March 2018|
|10||Date of release of Scorecard||5th March 2018|
Note: The dates given in the above have been updated according to the CEED 2018 official notification.
CEED Eligibility Criteria
To make the best preparation strategy for the entrance examination, candidates must make sure that they are well known about the examination pattern. First of all, candidates should check the eligibility criteria before they proceed to apply for the entrance examination.
- Applicants of the foreign countries are also allowed to apply for the admission thru the entrance examination of CEED.
- Candidates must have four years’ graduation degree in Engineering/Architecture/Design/Interior Design or equivalent after 10+2, can apply for the exam.
- Those, who have acquired the bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, may also apply for the Master’s programme of Designing.
- Applicants having 5 years programme after 10th class in G.D. Arts, will also be able to apply for the exam.
- Applicants pursuing the master’s program after graduation (Arts, Science or Computer application), can also apply for CEED, 2018.
CEED Application Form 2018
Those, who are willing to appear in the entrance examination, can apply thru the online application form. The application form will be available on the official website of IIT Bombay. Candidates can know about the step by step process here in the following points given below:
- The CEED application form will be available on the official website.
- Candidates can start filling and submitting the application form from the month of October 2017.
- Candidates can fill and submit the online application form online.
- Candidates shall have to upload their scanned signature and scanned the photo in the application form.
- Applicants should also pay the application fee before submitting the application form.
- The application fee for all the applicants will be Rs. 2200.
- Candidates’ of the reserved category and all the women candidates shall pay Rs. 1100 as the application fee.
- Applicants will be able to pay the application fee thru the credit card, debit card or thru the net banking.
Click here to apply online
Candidates need to study about the examination pattern before they proceed to make their preparation strategy. The question paper will be in two parts viz. Part-1 and Part-2 and all the details about the examination pattern of the CEED, 2018 have been given as:
Details about the Part-1 of the Exam
- After qualifying the part-I of the exam, candidates will have to pass through the next part of the examination.
- The medium of the question papers will be only English.
- The tests will be a computer based test and the duration of the test will be of one hour each.
- Candidates will get 0.6 marks deducted as penalty for any wrong answers of the question.
Details about the Part-2 of the Exam
- This exam will be pen and paper based and the time period of the question paper will be of 2 hours.
- Candidates designating skill will be judged thru this test.
- Candidates are expected to have good handwriting as their handwriting will also be judged thru this test.
CEED Admit Card
After applying thru the application form, candidates will be issued admit card. The admit card will be available on the official website.
- The admit card shall have the details such as the name of the applicants, date of birth and the signature.
- Besides that, candidates shall also see the details on the admit card such as the name of the exam, date and time of the exam.
- All the applicants shall have to take the admit card with them at the time of the exam. In case they do not do so, they will not be able to appear in the exam.
Get here your admit card
The result is the last but not the least phase of the whole admission process. Candidates who qualify the exam shall be called by the institutes for counseling.
- The result of the examination will be available on the official website.
- After getting the result from the website, candidates will be able to take admission in the institutes.
- The result most probably will be available in the month of March 2018.