CCMT is a centralized counselling process for admission to M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M. Plan. / M.Des. Programme. This counselling process will offer admissions in some of the top rated colleges in India such as NITs, University of Hyderabad etc. A large number of candidates are expected to apply for the exam. Before submitting the application form, the candidates should check the CCMT eligibility criteria 2022. Only the GATE qualified candidates can apply for the CCMT counselling process.
The seats allotted to the candidates who will found ineligible will be cancelled. The interested candidates can check all the necessary details regarding CCMT eligibility criteria 2022 from this article.
CCMT Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria given below in order to participate in the CCMT counselling process.
- The candidate must have a valid GATE score in order to apply.
- The GATE scores of the year 2020, 2021, and 2022 will be considered for the admission.
- In the qualifying degree exam, the candidate must have secured at least 6.5 CGPA on the scale of 10 or equivalent percentage.
- However, category-wise relaxations in the qualifying degree marks will be given to the candidates from the reserved categories as given below:
|Categories of the candidate||Minimum Marks required|
|General (OC)/ Other Backward Class (OBC)||6.5 CGPA/ CGPI on 10 point Scale or 60% Marks|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||6.0 CGPA/CGPI on 10 point scale or 55% marks|
The result of the Qualifying Exam is awaited
- In case the result of the qualifying degree exam is not declared then the provisional admission to the candidates will be granted.
- The candidate has to provide the proof of clearing the qualifying degree exam with required marks latest by September 2022.
- In case the exam is completed till July 2022, then the candidates have to submit a written proof issued by the head of the current institute to the reporting Centre during document verification.
CCMT Special Eligibility Criteria 2022
Few institutes participating in the CCMT also have their separate eligibility Criteria for some courses. Special Eligibility criteria for some of these institutes are given below:
Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (Chemical Engineering)
- The candidate must have passed Mathematics at 10+2 level.
National Institute of Technology Durgapur (Chemical Engineering)
- The aspirants with AMIE(I), AMIIChE should have at least 2 years of Professional Experience.
National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh (Renewable Energy and Energy Management)
- The candidate must have passed Mathematics & Physics at 10+2 level.
- In case the candidate has passed M.Sc (Physics) then the candidate must have studied minimum two courses in Electrical.
National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology, Hatia, Ranchi
- The M.Sc candidate should have studied Mathematics at graduation level.
The candidates can visit the official website for the special eligibility criteria for the rest of the colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: 1 I have valid the GATE scores in two years i.e. 2020 and 2021, which score will be considered for seat allocation?
Answer: It totally depends upon you. You can apply with your best GATE score.
Question: 2 I have lost my GATE scorecard. What to do?
Answer: You can download the duplicate GATE scorecard from the GATE website. Alternatively, you can also contact the GATE Office.
Question: 3 Part time or sponsored candidates are eligible for CCMT 2022?
Answer: No, CCMT will not consider any sponsored or part time candidate.
Question: 4 I applied for the CCMT but not able to secure required marks in the qualifying degree exam. Will I get the registration fee back?
Answer: No, the registration fee will not be refunded.
Question: 5 I have a valid GATE score in the 2018 exam, am I eligible for the CCMT 2022?
Answer: No, CCMT 2022 is available for the candidates clearing GATE exam in the year 2020, 2021 and 2022 only.