CAT entrance exam is organized every year for admission in management programs offered by IIMs and premier B-Schools of India. Aspirants planning to appear for the exam needs to satisfy the eligibility criteria and thereafter they can proceed for other process related to CAT exam. Since CAT is one of the most prestigious exams in the country, its preparation has to be done carefully & strategically. Candidates are suggested to follow the syllabus and the exam pattern to crack the exam. In this Article, Readers will get to know about the CAT Exam Pattern 2021 and other aspects associated with it. Hence they are advised to stay tuned to this page for more related updates/news.
CAT Exam Pattern 2021
Exam pattern is one of the key components of an exam, be it CAT or any other exam. Candidates should familiarize themselves with the CAT Exam Pattern 2021 so that they can make a strategy according to it. Knowing the pattern will help them in creating a clear cut plan to initiate their preparation. Hence students must not ignore the exam pattern. Candidates can go through the given exam pattern for quick reference –
- Exam Mode: Computer-based test (CBT).
- Sections: Three sections –
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability.
- Type of Questions: MCQ and non-MCQs.
- No. of Question: 100 Questions.
- Duration of Exam: 180 minutes (3 Hours).
Section-wise Weightage of Question
Aspirants can note down the Weightage if they want, which will help them gain an insight on the Exam-
CAT Application Form 2019
|DI & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60|
|Verbal Ability & Comprehension||34||102||60|
Number of Non MCQs
It’s has been observed from 2015 that certain Non MCQ question are introduced in the paper. These questions come without choices and candidates have to type the answers with the help of virtual keyboard. The ratio of MCQs & non-MCQs questions is provided below –
- DI & Logical Reasoning – 8 Non MCQs & 32 MCQs.
- Quantitative Analysis – 7 Non MCQs & 34 MCQs.
- Verbal Ability & Comprehension– 10 Non MCQs & 34 MCQs.
CAT Marking Scheme 2021
Below we have given the marking scheme of CAT examination:
- Marking Scheme: Each right answer will fetch 3 Marks. The entire questions (MCQ type and Non-MCQ type questions) contain equal marks.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer one mark will be deducted & there is no negative marking for Non-MCQ type questions.