Common Admission Test is a national-level management exam conducted by one of the IIM’s on a rotational basis. It is a gateway to all the IIMs as well as Top B schools of India. Only aspirants who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be permitted to appear for the exam. Hence Eligibility Criteria must not be ignored by the candidates who are willing to appear for the exam. In this Article, we’ll shed some light on the CAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 for aspirants so that they can make themselves familiar with the requirements of the Exam as specified by the concerned authority. If you are not eligible then you must not apply for CAT.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates are recommended to read the given eligibility completely to understand what the exam truly demands from a candidate.
- Candidates should have passed a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or college.
- They should have obtained minimum 50% marks (General Category) and 45% marks (SC, ST & PwD/DA) respectively.
- Students appearing in the final year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates appearing in the Bachelor’s program will need to produce a certificate from the principal/registrar of their college earliest by 30th June 2019 stating that he/she has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification.
Aspirants will have to qualify/appear in any one of the following examinations to get eligible for CAT exam-
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology
BE/B.Tech equivalent examinations of Professional Societies recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE.
- Any qualification recognized by AIU, New Delhi equivalent to a bachelor’s degree awarded by colleges/ universities recognized by UGC.
CAT Syllabus 2021
The syllabus of CAT exam is not fixed one but, candidates can prepare for the examination as per the sections, i.e. Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension & Quantitative Ability.