Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted every year by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) on a rotation basis for admission into postgraduate management programmes offered by the IIMs or top B-schools of India. It is one of the eminent entrance exams in India. Aspirants must ensure their eligibility before moving to the filling of the form. Through this Article, they’ll get all the necessary detail pertaining to CAT Application Form 2021 & its related component. Aspirants are recommended to stay tuned to this page for further updates/news regarding the Exam. This Article will shed some light on the key aspects of the CAT Application Form 2021 that any aspirant must know about.
CAT Application Form 2021
Given below are some of the key highlights of the Application form of CAT 2021, Candidates are requested to make sure to follow the guidelines –
- The registration can be made via online mode only.
- The CAT 2019 registration process will be started from the second week of August 2021.
- Candidates can register and fill the application form till the third week of September 2021.
- Aspirants will also get an opportunity to correct their particulars through the correction window.
- Application form correction will be commenced from the last week of September 2021.
- Aspirants must fill the particulars as asked in the form carefully.
- Aspirants need to upload scanned photograph, signature and their category certificate (If belong to NC-OBC/SC/ST/PwD category) at the time of registration.
- Aspirants are further advised to take the printout of the application form for future references.
|Other||Rs. 1800/- only|
- The payment of the Application Fee can be made through credit cards (Visa/Master/Amex/Diners Club), debit cards (Visa/Master/Rupay), net banking and Cash Card & Wallet.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
CAT 2021 Registration Dates
Aspirants must jot down these mentioned dates for their quick reference –
|Availability of Application Form||August 2021|
|Last date to submit the form||September 2021|
|Last date of Correction Window||October 2021|
|Admit Card declaration||October 2021|
|Exam Date||November 2021|
|Result Declaration||December 2021|
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
Aspirants are advised to check their eligibility before they move to the form filling process as ineligible candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam. They can check the below criteria for immediate reference-
- Age Limit: No upper age limit applicable.
- Qualifying Exam: Aspirant should have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized institution/university of the country.
- Minimum Marks: Aspirant must secure 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST/PwD categories) in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Those studying in final year/semester of their bachelor’s program are also eligible to apply.
How to Apply for CAT?
Follow the step by step procedure to apply for CAT exam as mentioned below-
- Visit the official website.
- Register by clicking on the specified link to get user Id and password.
- Fill the details as asked in the registration form.
- Click on ‘Generate OTP’ and tick on ‘I Agree’ to accept the declaration.
- Aspirants will receive the User Id in the registered email and Password as SMS on the mobile number registered.
- Login using User ID and Password to complete the CAT Application form 2020.
- Click on ‘Go to Application Form’ link.
- Fill the particulars and exam centre preference carefully.
- Upload the scanned image of photograph and signature.
- Click on ‘Payment’ tab.
- Select the payment option and pay the required fee by clicking on ‘Submit and Pay’ button.
- A confirmation mail will be sent to the aspirants’ registered email id.
- They are suggested to keep a printout of filled-in application form by login to the CAT website as an ‘Existing User’.